Melbourne Football

SF @ Newcastle, 7.50 pm Fri April 27

mattyh001

It's hard to predict what will happen in this game. On one hand:

we've played more finals football recently than Jets, this is their first game, so we have more experience with the pressure

We've not lost against them this season and generally have played better away from home

We are in-form.

On the other hand:

This is the Melbourne City men's team

Jets are playing at home and will have a large crowd - this pressure could work either way.

I'm taking a risk here and predicting that we'll win

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Boogaard back is a big boost for the Jets.  His influence shouldn’t be underestimated.

So it won’t be easy, but I still think we can win.

It is. Hes a lynch pin for them.

In saying that, first game back after a long lay off means hes susceptible.

Vargas hasn't recaptured his early season form yet either

On 4/25/2018 at 8:28 AM, bt50 said:

Fair difference between newcastle and sydney fwiw. Not to mention that victory have double the fans.

Ours is on a Friday night in a place that is a fuckin cunt to get to once you step foot off the plane. No train fuck all taxi's or ubers to speak of and its like 30 minutes away from Newcastle itself

Theirs is on a Saturday in Sydney which has a number of flights going to and from and easy access from the Airport to the city itself.

And yeah double the fans.

In saying that....

if your not there, your plastic :tooth:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

He could score a perfect hat trick and you'd still find someone saying he was worst on ground.

Ive been on the Malik "Metronome" train for most of this season!

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Malik is a serviceable defensive mid and a fall-back option in defence. His reading of the play can be poor but it’s his passing ability that I question more than his defensive qualities. Jakobsen is a much much better passer of the ball and it allows our whole team to transition more effectively.

Malik has had some good games this year and will be much better for having Bart beside him. He can lift for the big occasions such as the FFA Cup final. I’m quietly confident on this one partly due to the settled team around him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Bouzanis is a good penalty keeper (arguable best in the league beside izzo) 

The confidence of our fans going into this is worrying. We're 1 from 4 in away finals. It won't be easy. 

Meant in regard to our penalty takers. Bruno (way to hot and cold) and Arzani (probs the only one i’d back to slot one in 100%) are the only ones that have taken any. Bar Arzani and maybe Dario, not many of the players in our squad strike me as ones who would be able to step up to the pressure and score their pens, so it would be very interesting to see who would get picked to take one. 

In saying that, lets hope it doesnt get to that though, dont think i’d be able to handle seeing us get knocked out in penalties. Fingers crossed!!

52 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The confidence of our fans going into this is worrying. We're 1 from 4 in away finals. It won't be easy. 

But understandable. What's our record in semis. (Worse).

The more I think about it the more I can't see us winning. 

Time to hit the booze and let the kids walk home from school. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Jovan this is no garuntee at all of us winning but if there was ever a season that we would have the best opportunity to win a semi final it's this season. We've shown enough resolve to win away, come back from behind and not concede goals to show the odds are easily the best they've ever been. 

• Like 4