Melbourne Football

SF @ Newcastle, 7.50 pm Fri April 27

mattyh001

Tell me if I’m wrong but I wasn’t the only one seeing two different type of City playing for the 90...first half coming 10 min into the second, we looked like The Mariners ...fatigue ? Idfk but we haven’t seen this happen in recent games, matter of fact the opposite of this....from sluggish to energetic with actual accurate passing. And in watching that 2nd half, we looked like we could’ve been saved by the time but worst scenarios will always seem to fall in our place...that’s just Being a city supporter for you (not the club itself) and btw fk you if you think Joyce should be blamed for this , without this 53 year old we would’ve probably never see a potential ACL Berth / a semi final feature / 3rd spot placing in the near future.  Rewind your clocks back to 29th of April 2017 , yeah City v Glory elimination final ended in a loss. Pretty much says the progress of this club under Joyce , lift up...we’re standing taller than we’ve ever been.  

And Ozzie, tough spot to be in but bozza made a valid point on how that ball should’ve been cleared instead of stopping and potentially clearing it...BUT we all are matured enough to understand why Ozzie decided not to do the obvious, it’s in the moment 

Been a decent season boys, Cya in 6 months 

Cmon City 

• Like 2

One another small matter while I’m still hyperventilating, Bouzanis was atrociously tonight. WTF were some of those clearances and trying to beat an opposition forward. In a small way I reckon that set the tone for our game. Not 100% that for sure but when you see your goalie doing that shit it must leave the players wondering what was coming next? :hkpalm:

And to top of off the game spoilt by this imbecile :hoff:

Edited by HEARTinator

Dean Bouzanis suffers from "Kardashian" syndrome. The constant pursuit of unnecessary attention which often ends to a birdshit omelette to the face. 

If you are of origin within 1000km of the Black Sea you have a 103% chance of suffering from this horrible disease. 

• Like 3

Post-mortem:

• Malik was a rock in the first half but it is irrelevant when a mistake like that is made. Taking a touch in the six-yard box from a cross...bizarre decision. Clearly just doesn't think like a defender and doesn't make the kinds of decisions that need to be made in the big moments. Will haunt him for a while
  • Bort is bort. Best defender in the league. Not sure why he plays at this level. Way too good for it
  • Bouzanis was woeful tonight. So jittery with the ball at his feet, his passing was terrible and just seemed to be all over the place. Phresh cutz just doesn't like the big games 
  • Shaun Evans is perhaps one of the worst referees I've had the displeasure of watching. Routinely makes the wrong calls. It is astounding that he is one of our best refs.  He seems to be very strict on things that I think are insignificant yet far too lenient on many fouls that are just dangerous. He is inconsistent in the worst way possible. Fucking hopeless
  • Atkinson still too raw and not a convincing defender
  • Jamieson doesn't give us enough drive from full-back and is a terrible captain
  • Bozanic is the most vanilla footballer. Trucks around at what seems like 75 per cent pace, makes a few tackles, lays off a few sideways balls then offers us piss-all going forward
  • Brattan just does what you expect, never surprises me. Good enough to be a starting mid in a league-winning midfield I reckon but needs to be a bit quicker when making decisions
  • Vidosic is a wildcard. On his day he is pretty good but aside from the odd triangle or through-ball he floats around and goes missing a lot
  • Arzani is a fucking wizard with the ball at his feet but he really needs to work on his final ball. Has everything he needs to get to a big European league but not enough impact yet
  • Bruno spent more time trying to win fouls than he did moving into dangerous areas. Our best ever player, yes, but we need to set up the offence around him with smarter passing and movement off the ball
  • Fitzgerald and Bud needed to come on earlier. They gave us some dynamism in the last 10 minutes but they needed more time. Stupid coaching. Fitzy's miss was criminal.
  • What about that annoying squib J Hoffman. For a bloke who was a fucking dud for us he sure is arrogant. Suppose it is fitting that a useless spud like ol' Hoffy would finish us off
  • Vargas and Georgevski are two prima donna hacks who snipe people. Gutless pricks
  • Special mention to McGree. Who cares if he didn't 'mean' to do it? He had a split second to do something, so he threw his leg at it and caught it sweetly. One of the best goals I've ever seen and was clutch so hat's off 
  • Like 5

Farken hell. Gutted but i think we were second best tonight. Unbelievable goal.

Vidosic & Fornaroli were passengers for the most part.

Cannot for the world of me understand why Fitz was not brought on around the 70 mark as per the last 3 months. He made an immediate impact having someone making runs behind the line. Opened up the midfield. Don’t think he could of done a hell of a lot more with that header, was pure reflex.

Feel for Malik, horrible error but I thought he was excellent for the most part again.

Well done to all the guys & gals that got up there to support! 

Edited by LB
  • Like 1

fucking rage, how can you give that dopey cunt shaun Evans his first final tonight, he's often 4th offical cause he's FUCKING USELESS, 1 spastic cunt completely  changes the whole outlook on our season. Should be in a grand final with champions league to come next season but now dumped out to a completely mediocre piss poor squad and relying on Sydney to get us a play off spot

Mauk and Vidosic should have been off at 65 minutes.  Both absent except for one cross and one through ball that was offside anyway.  Would not be sad if both gone next season.  

Bouzanis has serious issues coping in big games.

Malik-saved our bacon so many times and in the end his touch cost us the game-just clear it FFS.

Arzani does things no-one else in the league can with the ball at his feet.  The elbow in the face he copped would have a red if against anyone else under a different ref.  Same for the penalty.  And one or two other infringements he should have received.  His rep as a diver is hurting him in this league.  Will be gone at the end of next season.

Brattan and Bozanic did their job, but was it Bozanic who lost the ball that lead  to the goal?

Back four I thought did their job.

Bruno would have been better off to not play for the free every and i mean every time he got anywhere near the ball.  Not in this league, mate.

Joyce.  Terrible in-game management overall.  Terrible man-management with Bud all season.    As culpable as Malik on the night for the loss for once again not reacting to the state of the game.

Edited by Kiro Kompiro
  • Like 3

Should have been 2 goals up at 1/2 time and playing against 10 men.

As good (and flukey) as their goal was, Evans was equally as bad.

Unfortunately, after that goal went in, we were odds on to be overrun. Just as an aside Vargas was also involved in the wonder goal, so again, if he’s given the red, no goal.

I had to laugh when the kid scored his goal and Merrick just sat there... 

I think the weather / wind was the cause of Bouzanis playing so bad in the 1st half, Moss also had the same problem in the 2nd.

Gutted we lost, but the signs are there that with a bit more quality added into the squad, we’ll be a front runner next season.

Looking forward to Arzani going to Russia and hopefully AFC

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Harrison said:

Post-mortem:

• Jamieson doesn't give us enough drive from full-back and is a terrible captain

Hold up, wasn't it his exquisite ball that led to Bruno's goal? I really, really like Jamo...he somehow seems to tread that difficult line between having a bucketful of c**t in him, yet somehow also being widely respected around the league.

So, either Victory, Redders or Hoffman will win the Grand Final this year. Yippee. Seems quite appropriate that our best chance of making a grand final in our history has been snuffed out by a scorpion kick and a player who had five years here as a mediocre utility and whose most meaningful contribution in that time was his regular 'Coffee with Hoffy' segment on social media.

Some game changing non-calls by the ref in the first half hour, but hard to argue that the better team overall on the night didn't win. Barely made their keepers raise a sweat all game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Hold up, wasn't it his exquisite ball that led to Bruno's goal? I really, really like Jamo...he somehow seems to tread that difficult line between having a bucketful of c**t in him, yet somehow also being widely respected around the league.

It was. I meant it more generally, as in throughout the season, every game. He does the occasional nice bit of play that you expect and need from your full-backs.

Also as captain he is a strange choice. Yes he is combative but he is a slightly-better-than-average left-back that winds opponents up over small things. That's not captain material. I'd prefer hard tackles and uncompromising play as the bare minimum from a captain, and someone that doesn't shirk responsibility. I don't see that from Jamieson. 

10 minutes ago, Harrison said:

It was. I meant it more generally, as in throughout the season, every game. He does the occasional nice bit of play that you expect and need from your full-backs.

Also as captain he is a strange choice. Yes he is combative but he is a slightly-better-than-average left-back that winds opponents up over small things. That's not captain material. I'd prefer hard tackles and uncompromising play as the bare minimum from a captain, and someone that doesn't shirk responsibility. I don't see that from Jamieson. 

Bort for me next season with better Englisch

7 hours ago, Dylan said:

As soon as I saw that stat that in 9 aleague seasons the top two have made the grand final I knew we were doomed

Yep.

The truth is when you look at the season as a whole Newcastle were a much better side. The only time they looked poor was when Boogaraad was injured.

I thought we were pretty poor across the whole park, it was pretty telling to see very few step up in a high pressure final - that being said, with a year under the belt for WJ I trust we will see a strong City next year.

The most disappointing thing from this season was the acquisition of Budzinski as marquee - getting the marquee wrong can be such a burden to a team and if we had a player closer to the standard of Mierzejewski, George or Vargas who knows what we could have achieved.

We are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs and have largest scouting resources in the league, the club can't sign a player on a marquee contract and say 'this player could take the league by storm', the club need to sign a player knowing that they will take the league by storm.

17 minutes ago, Deluka said:

I thought we were pretty poor across the whole park, it was pretty telling to see very few step up in a high pressure final - that being said, with a year under the belt for WJ I trust we will see a strong City next year.

The most disappointing thing from this season was the acquisition of Budzinski as marquee - getting the marquee wrong can be such a burden to a team and if we had a player closer to the standard of Mierzejewski, George or Vargas who knows what we could have achieved.

We are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs and have largest scouting resources in the league, the club can't sign a player on a marquee contract and say 'this player could take the league by storm', the club need to sign a player knowing that they will take the league by storm.

I heard Seb Larsson is off contract...

15 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

Tell me if I’m wrong but I wasn’t the only one seeing two different type of City playing for the 90...first half coming 10 min into the second, we looked like The Mariners ...fatigue ? Idfk but we haven’t seen this happen in recent games, matter of fact the opposite of this....from sluggish to energetic with actual accurate passing. And in watching that 2nd half, we looked like we could’ve been saved by the time but worst scenarios will always seem to fall in our place...that’s just Being a city supporter for you (not the club itself) and btw fk you if you think Joyce should be blamed for this , without this 53 year old we would’ve probably never see a potential ACL Berth / a semi final feature / 3rd spot placing in the near future.  Rewind your clocks back to 29th of April 2017 , yeah City v Glory elimination final ended in a loss. Pretty much says the progress of this club under Joyce , lift up...we’re standing taller than we’ve ever been.  

And Ozzie, tough spot to be in but bozza made a valid point on how that ball should’ve been cleared instead of stopping and potentially clearing it...BUT we all are matured enough to understand why Ozzie decided not to do the obvious, it’s in the moment 

Been a decent season boys, Cya in 6 months 

Cmon City 

Apart from finishing 3rd (which is not a great achievement) we bombed out of yet another semi-final... yeah lets all be happy being mediocre and see the club repeat the same shit every season

We have to finish the season Top two. Finals are tango for the top two teams. 

Malik was in the centre of action all night.  Bart was invisible. Did Merrick target Malik?  Where was Bart? Marking Nabbout?

Arzani didn't make any impact last few rounds. Last pass or shot is not there.

Other team mates expected Muscat and Delbridge as a subs.

We'll never get into GF with players like Redders, Hoff. ... Oh, they made it. And Mauk , Brattan, Jamo, Vidosic, Bozanic. So it's not just about the players. 

It's still a busy time ahead.  Renew your membership on time so that we can make last minute new signings and allocate place on the pine for the marquee. 

2 hours ago, Deluka said:

1 hour ago, haz said:

I heard Seb Larsson is off contract...

No point with Larsson, Samaras is off contract himself.  You heard it here first ;)

Looking at my work colleague rocking up this morning who is a MV supporter telling me how he has booked flights already brought back memories from Friday. I understand how people are upset but imagine being a foundation supporter and being disappointed every friggen season! Having said that, they definitely won't lose me as a member. Hoping for bigger and better things next season.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, Tony999 said:

Looking at my work colleague rocking up this morning who is a MV supporter telling me how he has booked flights already brought back memories from Friday. I understand how people are upset but imagine being a foundation supporter and being disappointed every friggen season! Having said that, they definitely won't lose me as a member. Hoping for bigger and better things next season.

I'm still feeling the burn of Friday night. Was a rough night. Spent at least 20 minutes of the second half out of the away bay trying to keep myself in check after Mcgree's goal and cause of a couple of dick head Newy supporters in the away bay. The fact they allowed Newy fans to purchase tickets in the bay was fuckin deplorable and asking for trouble . A few more drink s in me and i don't think i would of been able to stop myself from going up and shutting his mouth up myself. 

Seeing Victory mates booking flights and shit for Newy is a hard pill to swallow, but we may be swallowing another one of those pills after the gf as i think Victory are a shoe in to win it. Newy didn't provide me anything that would suggest otherwise last week.

5 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

I'm still feeling the burn of Friday night. Was a rough night. Spent at least 20 minutes of the second half out of the away bay trying to keep myself in check after Mcgree's goal and cause of a couple of dick head Newy supporters in the away bay. The fact they allowed Newy fans to purchase tickets in the bay was fuckin deplorable and asking for trouble . A few more drink s in me and i don't think i would of been able to stop myself from going up and shutting his mouth up myself. 

Seeing Victory mates booking flights and shit for Newy is a hard pill to swallow, but we may be swallowing another one of those pills after the gf as i think Victory are a shoe in to win it. Newy didn't provide me anything that would suggest otherwise last week.

We have a much better defense than the Victards as it took a freak goal and a Malik mistake for them to score. 

Newcastle should destroy them.