• 13 Mauk
    • 8 Bozanic
    • 14 Arzani
    • 10 Vidosic
    • 23 Fornaroli
    • 7 Fitzgerald
    • 2 Muscat

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/18 at 01:56 AM

9 hours ago, LB said:

Wasn’t a bad player on the pitch for us.

Malik was solid, very underrated performance imo.

I admit to not being a great liker of Malik but i have to admit last night he played exceptionally well but one thing i did notice was that he was getting a lot of coaching from Bart who was not afraid to direct Malik either by hand signals or voice it was interesting watching Bart boss the defensive line.

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Interesting seeing the spread of votes. Certainly hard to pick a stand out. Went with Mauk on the basis he scored. 

Sitting at half way I had more opportunity to watch Stefan than normal. He seems to hold his position whilst Bruno roams around looking for the ball, in essence this means his involvement when we have the ball is often minimal. When he did get involved though he did well, with some sharp one touch football and of course he took a pretty difficult chance well.

Anyway that lack of regular involvement meant he wasn’t my preferred. I went for Bruno instead.

4 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

I admit to not being a great liker of Malik but i have to admit last night he played exceptionally well but one thing i did notice was that he was getting a lot of coaching from Bart who was not afraid to direct Malik either by hand signals or voice it was interesting watching Bart boss the defensive line.

I've always thought Malik is a reasonable CB when he has someone next to him who can lead. He was good at Adelaide when partner with boogard. His best few games as a CB with us was with Kisnorbo or Jakobsen.

Last year his really poor performances were mainly when he was partnered with tongyik

In saying that I believe he is a much better in midfield, but definitely can go back when needed 

• Like 2

Gave my vote to Mauk despite it being very difficult to pick our best player in a great all round team performance. Also really liked how in all our chances going forward, Mauk always appears to be in the right position to get involved and potentially score. Reads the game well and has a tank (even if his ability to put away the scoring chance isn't perfect). Great game by Bruno too, love watching the link up with him and Arzani. Vidosic was solid too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K-aram92 said:

Gave my vote to Mauk despite it being very difficult to pick our best player in a great all round team performance. Also really liked how in all our chances going forward, Mauk always appears to be in the right position to get involved and potentially score. Reads the game well and has a tank (even if his ability to put away the scoring chance isn't perfect). Great game by Bruno too, love watching the link up with him and Arzani. Vidosic was solid too

I didn’t think I’d be picking this guy for a MOTM this season but he had a very good game. As you say, he was in the play reading the game well which was why he was on the end of Bruno’s slick pass that resulted in the goal. Lots of good performances across the pitch but Mauk deserves the accolade for his performance.

On 21/04/2018 at 4:49 PM, johnno cpfc said:

I noticed him doing that with Atkinson a lot as well.