Melbourne Football

Flares

Mr.snowduckclaw

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I support AEK Larnaca in Cyprus. We won the Cyprus cup this year and the pyros created an unbelievable atmosphere. Do not the rules in Australia. I have attached a video 

Light a flare in Australia, you'll be labelled a Suburban Terrorist and banned for multiple years from football.

• 1 month later...

"Safe flares" could be allowed in Scottish football grounds, says one of the country's leading police officers.

Assistant chief constable Bernard Higgins told BBC Scotland on Thursday it is "only a matter of time" before someone is killed by a pyrotechnic.

However, after a fans' group pointed out that Danish club Brondby have been running a trial on the use of controlled flares, Higgins told BBC Scotland he would "be OK with that".

"I'd be open to discussions," he added.

"Sporadic flares - which are not controlled - are where the risk is. But it boils down to the safety advisory board being satisfied."

Paul Goodwin, of the Scottish Football Supporters' Association, cited Israel and Norway as countries where flares are permitted at football, but insists only safe devices should be allowed inside grounds.

"They're looking at it in Denmark but the first stage in that is to make sure the pyrotechnic itself is actually safe. Brondby are looking at safe pyrotechnics," he explained.

• 3 weeks later...