Melbourne Football

Elimination final. City vs Brisbane Friday 20th of April 7.50 Ko AAMI Park

Forever City

• Forever City changed the title to Elimination final. City vs Brisbane Friday 20th of April 7.50 Ko AAMI Park
11 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

What I'm most looking foward to is all the posts in this thread with people having trouble getting tickets to the event.  Even though I've never had a problem myself in using a ticktek or ticketmaster website. 

Nailed it.

In other terms, I don't care about our finals run

ACL:
if Sydney FC, Newcastle Jets win the G/F: Melbourne City qualifies

if Sydney FC and Newcastle Jets clash off in the G/F: Melbourne City qualifies

if Melbourne Victory, 5th place finisher, 6th place finisher win the G/F: Melbourne City miss out altogether

10 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Nailed it.

In other terms, I don't care about our finals run

ACL:
if Sydney FC, Newcastle Jets win the G/F: Melbourne City qualifies

if Sydney FC and Newcastle Jets clash off in the G/F: Melbourne City qualifies

if Melbourne Victory, 5th place finisher, 6th place finisher win the G/F: Melbourne City miss out altogether

Also if Sydney and City both reach the GF, then we will qualify.

11 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

What I'm most looking foward to is all the posts in this thread with people having trouble getting tickets to the event.  Even though I've never had a problem myself in using a ticktek or ticketmaster website. 

Well, I'll disappoint you. Just done it; it was easy and the information given was clear and useful.

• Like 1

Brisbane don't worry me at all, beat them twice and the one game we lost was when larocca and galekovic went full retard 

Their best player this season has been Jamie young, which means they have a good keeper but also means they give up alot of chances. We take our chances we win, I'll back us in to create more than them

Also their CB pairing of Pepper and O'Toole doesn't exactly strike fear into me either

Overall they are easily the weakest team left and we should have no problems 

• Like 2

As the talking city boys said, now that Dads Army have snuck into the finals they’ll be a force to be reckoned with, with all that experience. Can’t write them off, the match will be a challenge.

Having said that we would be deserved favourites and need to do the business.

10 hours ago, playmaker said:

Hmmm, they are pretty good on the counter which makes us vulnerable if we play anything like we played against Wellington.

And watching the highlights they were set up defensively with a couple of buses so it’ll test our ability to break through.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

And watching the highlights they were set up defensively with a couple of buses so it’ll test our ability to break through.

Yeah it will seeing we have no players to send rockets from outside the box,

oh sorry, that's right we have but he is not in the squad, silly me. :droy:

7 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Yeah it will seeing we have no players to send rockets from outside the box,

oh sorry, that's right we have but he is not in the squad, silly me. :droy:

You mean like the deflected one in your sig?

11 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Sad truth, prob won’t even get picked for ACL squad ...

Well first we need to make sure that 6th, 5th, or 4th dont win the GF, then once we select the squad make sure that we win our playoff.

39 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Unlikely if he was dropped on Saturday imo. All signs point to his time with the club being up.

Are we certain that he was dropped - or could he have been injured? Jakobsen was also missing - in his case we're fairly certain it would be to allow him more time to recover from his minor strain (or whatever it is), but I haven't seen anything about him.