Melbourne Football

Round 27 vs Wellington Phoenix - Sat April 14th in Auckland

mattyh001

3 minutes ago, Jovan said:

And scores crackers. The bloke is perfect for the A League. Just that bit better than everyone else but not good enough for the top top leagues. 

Last night was vintage Bruno,  scored a sublime goal and missed(not even close) a much easier chance.

Yep. Whenever he has time to think. Which is why he struggles with pens at times. 

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Don't know about you guys but right now I don't see this game as too big an issue. We had basically a makeshift defense throughout the game, it was terrible conditions (same for the Nix though). And considering the fact we were second best in every tackle perhaps suggests no one wanted to fully commit themselves on a nothing game in fear of injury before finals. So a number of 'what ifs' but just some food for thought. 

I disagree, the weakness of our men's team is and always has been mentality. This should have been a game to sharpen our skills and our killer instinct. Instead, it's back to 'if we win we win, if we lose we lose'.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

While we stay so pedestrian as we do, this is not going to change. There's a laziness in the side that Joyce has still not eliminated. IMO it's an inherent characteristic of "possession football." If you spend half the match stroking the ball around in midfield, you just can't accelerate (physically or mentally) quickly enough to either defend at the back or take the chances at the front.

Conceding 2 goals and scoring 1 against the worst team in the comp is disgraceful. Watching the two other games last night, we are in for a whole lot of hurt if we play as you stated. I really don't understand why Wazza would instruct the team to play this way for this game when we have been developing a game style that was very solid.

Wazza really needs to understand that at this level the more we have the ball the more the ball will be turned over therefore the more the opposition will get opportunities to counter attack. This together with the forward press is a recipe for disasters. 

This game was full of errors everywhere, and was a complete dog's breakfast for the whole 90 minutes. 

If we play anyway similar this against  Brisbane, we are gone.

Disgraceful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I disagree, the weakness of our men's team is and always has been mentality. This should have been a game to sharpen our skills and our killer instinct. Instead, it's back to 'if we win we win, if we lose we lose'.

@belaguttman I wrote partly to see what the counter argument would be. I guess we'll find out whether this is the case over the next week(s). 

6 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Exactly. Compare us to Newcastle, who were also playing a dead rubber but stepped up and scored 8.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

Exactly. Compare us to Newcastle, who were also playing a dead rubber but stepped up and scored 8.

What about the output of Newcastle in the last month when they’ve had nothing to play for. Gave away a lot of goals and seemed uninterested!! O’donavan even said something about not caring too much in a post match interview.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

What about the output of Newcastle in the last month when they’ve had nothing to play for. Gave away a lot of goals and seemed uninterested!! O’donavan even said something about not caring too much in a post match interview.

It's hilarious really. All of a sudden the abysmal Newcastle form of the last month means nothing because they won their last dead rubber and we didn't.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Embee said:

It's hilarious really. All of a sudden the abysmal Newcastle form of the last month means nothing because they won their last dead rubber and we didn't.

No, it's about our fragile form and the difficulty we have in recapturing it, hence 3 games before another win after each lost game this season

18 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

I think that they are in trouble too, their next opponent won't be as accommodating as CCM

On 16/04/2018 at 7:49 AM, belaguttman said:

No, it's about our fragile form and the difficulty we have in recapturing it, hence 3 games before another win after each lost game this season

Are you a bot that just posts the same responses from a database over and over? I ask because you don't seem to read the posts of others beyond maybe scanning for a few key words then responding with similar comments regardless of the content of their post.

Nobody in this thread but you has brought up our poor runs after defeats but numerous people have pointed to Newcastle dealing with a dead rubber in a more acceptable way than us, completely glossing over the fact that Newcastle have had several dead rubbers before this and looked like a complete sack of shit in all of them, I was addressing those replies.

Edited by Embee

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Are you a bot that just posts the same responses from a database over and over? I ask because you don't seem to read the posts of others beyond maybe scanning for a few key words then responding with similar comments regardless of the content of their post.

Nobody in this thread but you has brought up our poor runs after defeats but numerous people have pointed to Newcastle dealing with a dead rubber in a more acceptable way than us, completely glossing over the fact that Newcastle have had several dead rubbers before this and looked like a complete sack of shit in all of them, I was addressing those replies.

I think that it'll be a problem for Jets as well, and for the same reason as for us. The difference is that I welcome this problem for Jets as I'm not a Jets supporter, I don't welcome it for us