Melbourne Football

Round 27 vs Wellington Phoenix - Sat April 14th in Auckland

mattyh001

10 hours ago, Jovan said:

1 change at most. 

Malik needs minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if Malik replaces Atkinson and the rest is unchanged. 

But I'm all aboard the unchanged train.

The only change I'd make is to bring Malik into the squad instead of Muscat. If we're handsomely in front with 20 to go then I might bring on the subs for an extended run, but that would be the extent of it. I wouldn't risk a result just for the sake of someone getting a few minutes on the field. The subs are all experienced footballers. It's not as if we have to blood a young player for a finals experience.

I don't think Wellington will be a pushover. Singh and Krishna have plenty of pace and can give any defence a hard time.

Game day (bitchessssss) in Auckland and can tell you the weather is shite, as it's been all week.  I'm not expecting much from the pitch given all the rain.

With 3rd locked up last night, I'm thinking Joyce could save / restrict game time for a few of the silkier players (ie Arzani) more than you'd expect normally due to the crappy conditions and higher injury risks

FWIW Auckland had a massive storm Tuesday and about 5000 still don't have power (about 180,000 homes lost power when storm came through). Weathers been farked all week since, so again don't expect much weather wise

30 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Game day (bitchessssss) in Auckland and can tell you the weather is shite, as it's been all week.  I'm not expecting much from the pitch given all the rain.

With 3rd locked up last night, I'm thinking Joyce could save / restrict game time for a few of the silkier players (ie Arzani) more than you'd expect normally due to the crappy conditions and higher injury risks

FWIW Auckland had a massive storm Tuesday and about 5000 still don't have power (about 180,000 homes lost power when storm came through). Weathers been farked all week since, so again don't expect much weather wise

@mattyh001 Not much different here in Melbourne old mate. A front went though here about 20 minutes ago and the temperature dropped to 8.5 for a few minutes. 10-11 mm of rain so far today. If this match was at AAMI I doubt too many would front up.

40 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@mattyh001 Not much different here in Melbourne old mate. A front went though here about 20 minutes ago and the temperature dropped to 8.5 for a few minutes. 10-11 mm of rain so far today. If this match was at AAMI I doubt too many would front up.

True, wet weather always turns people away.

Auckland has been very wet the last few days, so it'll be interesting to see how the pitch handles so much water, particularly if we get much more before kickoff 

11 minutes ago, playmaker said:

We are shit. Sack Joyce, Bruno, Malik, Arzani,  Mauk is shit so is Atkinson, we are going to get thumped next week. Worst game of football I have seen us play in a long time against rubbish, indirect ball hogging crap. What a waste of a season. Piss off.

3 wins in a row, 3rd secured, dead rubber.... Yea Sack them all

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, playmaker said:

We are shit. Sack Joyce, Bruno, Malik, Arzani,  Mauk is shit so is Atkinson, we are going to get thumped next week. Worst game of football I have seen us play in a long time against rubbish, indirect ball hogging crap. What a waste of a season. Piss off.

Chill Winston 

24 minutes ago, haz said:

Sorry but I don't know how you guys rate Brattan, he takes so long on the ball.
He's lucky that the league is so shit and there's never any pressure on him

Brattan is a lesser concern, watching Atkinson poor crossings or Jamieson poor skills. Mauk is also on the team sheet, anybody seen him? 

Just now, Mr MO said:

Brattan is a lesser concern, watching Atkinson poor crossings or Jamieson poor skills. Mauk is also on the team sheet, anybody seen him? 

Yea all are playing bad, just that Brattan always gets praise