Melbourne Football

Rd. 26 City vs. Central Coast, Saturday 7th April at AAMI Park, KO 7.50 p.m.

jw1739

Unfortunately this will be the last home game for us(me and Mrs Johnno) as we find it is just getting to the stage of not being affordable anymore along with the lack of excitement that has been hanging over us for the major part of this season . So we want to end with a good win this week, and hope that we make it to the grand final haha. If we feel like coming to a home game we will just rock up to the window and buy a ticket in GA our friends who we sit with at the moment look to be doing the same thing and for the same reasons.I will be keeping a watch on this forum for all the latest news etc,  so good luck to the club  ta ta for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Poor title, doesnt say how this is a MUST WIN GAME, and how THIS WILL SEE WHERE THE TEAM IS AT WITH WAZZA

2 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Unfortunately this will be the last home game for us(me and Mrs Johnno) as we find it is just getting to the stage of not being affordable anymore along with the lack of excitement that has been hanging over us for the major part of this season . So we want to end with a good win this week, and hope that we make it to the grand final haha. If we feel like coming to a home game we will just rock up to the window and buy a ticket in GA our friends who we sit with at the moment look to be doing the same thing and for the same reasons.I will be keeping a watch on this forum for all the latest news etc,  so good luck to the club  ta ta for now.

Image result for 21 gun salute gif
Edited by haz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I was dissaponted too mate in the thread name :'(. 

In better news it's member celebration round! Get around it. 

hahaha wot.

For the entire round or only for Melbourne City? If its for all teams, I cant take this league serious anymore

23 minutes ago, neio said:

I have absolutely no doubts we witness one for some reason, it's next week I think we will fuck up

4-0 win with Arzani causing absolute havoc 

Yep I agree, I do some confidence in the mentality of this team. We have lost 9 games this season, imo 4 of those were direct from individual brain farts, and the remaining 5 we were genuinly beaten, with 2 of those agaisnt Sydney FC.

If only this game was on a Sunday, we would almost be guranteed a win.

Edited by haz

On 03/04/2018 at 5:41 PM, haz said:

hahaha wot.

For the entire round or only for Melbourne City? If its for all teams, I cant take this league serious anymore

I think its just for us but i'm not too sure tbh.

It'll be hard to top star wars round, thats all i can say.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

On a serious note, cure brain cancer Foundation will be raising money at this game as part of kick it for brain cancer round. As someone who has been effected by this, I ask if anyone on here sees someone collecting please chuck in a few bucks if you can spare it

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

I think its just for us but i'm not too sure tbh.

It'll be hard to top star wars round, thats all i can say.

I'd much rather FFA dropped these other "rounds" (which IMO are just an echo of what the AFL does) and encouraged the clubs to support the various worthy causes of their own choice as City is doing for this home match. IMO it helps the clubs to integrate into their communities much more then the other way, which seems forced and smacks of "me too."

Whilst saying the above I want to make it clear that I think the annual recognition that we have of our home ground being situated on traditional land should continue.

• Like 5

- If we win this game, no matter what the other results are, the lowest we can finish is 4th

- If we win and Victory lose/draw, then we finish 3rd

- If we draw and Victory lose, we will finish 3rd on goal difference (unless we get belted 3+ goals by Nix, or Victory beat Sydney by 3+ goals)

Just want to point out too, we have the 2nd best defence in the league!

1. Sydney (22 goals), 2. City (31 goals), 3rd Adelaide/Newey (33 Goals)

Edited by haz

6 minutes ago, haz said:

- If we draw and Victory lose, we will finish 3rd on goal difference (unless we get belted 3+ goals by Nix, or Victory beat Sydney by 3+ goals)

Not quite. If we lose by 1 goal and Victory beat Sydney by 2 or vice versa then that accounts for a 3 goal difference. Unlikely that Victory lose to Welly then beat Sydney mind you, but the A League is a strange vixen.

29 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not quite. If we lose by 1 goal and Victory beat Sydney by 2 or vice versa then that accounts for a 3 goal difference. Unlikely that Victory lose to Welly then beat Sydney mind you, but the A League is a strange vixen.

For Victory to lose agaisnt Wellington, their goal difference will drop by at least 1 going into the Sydney. And if we draw agaisnt CCM, our GD will remain the same. Hence why I said 3 or more goals.

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

Is this the first game all season where we've had the whole list available for selection?

Where is the list? is La Rocca still out for a 'Kilkenny'?

2 hours ago, haz said:

For Victory to lose agaisnt Wellington, their goal difference will drop by at least 1 going into the Sydney. And if we draw agaisnt CCM, our GD will remain the same. Hence why I said 3 or more goals.

Where is the list? is La Rocca still out for a 'Kilkenny'?

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3. Scott JAMIESON, 4. Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 7. Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Oliver BOZANIC, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 11.Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan MAUK, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 18. Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 22. Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26. Luke BRATTAN, 27. Marcin BUDZINSKI, 37.Nathaniel ATKINSON

Ins: 6. Osama MALIK (returns from injury), 11.Bruce KAMAU (promoted),

Outs: nil

Unavailable: nil

• Like 1

Those not listed are available but have not been selected. That's the explanation we've had from the club before.

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

I thought he had officially left?

He's still listed as a squad member on the club website.

Just now, belaguttman said:

...therefore, it seems that  LaRocca is available but not selected

That's how I'm reading it. Same for Tongyik and any of the others who are members of the squad - Cavallo, Genreau etc. etc. The whole squad is listed on the back of "City Insider" and it's not necessary to print a list of those not selected for any particular match.

16 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I just reckon the club don't give a toss about these squads. Atkinson debuted and wasn't named, its a bunch of shit nobody else in the world does it. 

So you saying there's a chance Archie-Balls could play again? :wub:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I just reckon the club don't give a toss about these squads. Atkinson debuted and wasn't named, its a bunch of shit nobody else in the world does it. 

It's not just us, every club brings in people from outside the named squad.

Last year Adelaide listed Carrusca as an out and then he played anyway

It's a complete waste of time these squads, only thing I use it for is if someone is back from injury like malik

11 hours ago, belaguttman said:

...therefore, it seems that  LaRocca is available but not selected

Then some random person from the club says, oh “joe bloggs is injured” and they wonder why conspiracy theories flourish?

the list should also say:

Out for a Kilkenny:

Tongyik, La Rocca & Kamau (who has only been included in the list for the lols)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neio said:

It's not just us, every club brings in people from outside the named squad.

Last year Adelaide listed Carrusca as an out and then he played anyway

It's a complete waste of time these squads, only thing I use it for is if someone is back from injury like malik

Doing a Mathew Guy :droy: