Melbourne Football

Rd. 26 City vs. Central Coast, Saturday 7th April at AAMI Park, KO 7.50 p.m.

jw1739

17 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

So will we return to our traditional form against Central Coast tonight?

weve had 2 good wins, but they’ve both been against teams thst are in poor form. Central Coast aren’t exactly flying either of course, so thst gives me some cause for hope.

Theyve lost four in a row and have nothing to play for, should be routine 

6 minutes ago, haz said:

We better get rid of Budzinski at the end of the season. What a waste of the most valuable position you can fill in the team

When you have to replace the player in his position and instead the gaffer brings on a right back and then when the right back goes down and the gaffer brings on a centre back, you know your finished 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

When you have to replace the player in his position and instead the gaffer brings on a right back and then when the right back goes down and the gaffer brings on a centre back, you know your finished 

I could just cope if he was regular visa (with the results we have had lately) but hes a marquee, imagine having Ross, another Bruno, a Ninkovic, an Adrian. But no we have a player that is behind Muscat in the pecking order

13 minutes ago, haz said:

I could just cope if he was regular visa (with the results we have had lately) but hes a marquee, imagine having Ross, another Bruno, a Ninkovic, an Adrian. But no we have a player that is behind Muscat in the pecking order

Add to that not using a visa spot. 

So effectively we are not using potentially to class players. 

Some guy next to me screamed at bruno and said, " you should be bloody doing better!" Do people understand that Bruno has pretty much missed out on almost the whole season and for him to come back from an ankle injury and score fricken goals, then he is doing his job. 

I think Ass Wipes should get off Brunos back because what i can see is that he is still playing consistent and winning us matches.

Get off his back!!!

A win. Zzzzzzzzz....

Positives:

A win

A clean sheet

I attended my first win of the season

Negatives:

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Like @haz has said, Budz may as well pack his bags, what does he have to do to get a game? He has managed goals for us, that should place him above Muscat and Delbridge

Ball speed to slow again, that always makes it harder to get the ball past the bus.

Total lack of ambition from Wazza in the second half despite the game never feeling safe

• Like 3

Not a great spectacle but actually I thought we were ok up to a point.

We were playing well up until we scored (but we’re having difficulty breaking them down regularly, not surprisingly given how defensively they were playing) , but then we seem to back off and let CCM make the runningonce we were ahead.

Critics of Bruno need to remember their keeper made 2 great saves off him. Where as Vidosic had a great chance but both missed the target and got himself offside and Mauk also missed the target with his.

A game we were expected to win that we did win - I’m happy!

• Like 1

Did what we need to but it wasn't pretty. Worry that when Arzani has an off one, we really lack any creativity. 

If we played a team that actually knew how to attack, we could've been in real trouble there tonight. Need to be much better if we're going to trouble Sydney come finals.

Don't know what Budzinski has to do. Just for once please sub him on for Mauk.

The game was a bit dire, but that was really down to CCM in my opinion. To be fair to them they kept their shape well and made some great last ditch blocks and tackles, on another night we could've won by 3 or 4. At the end of the day, this is the sort of game we wouldn't have turned up for in the past but we took all 3 points tonight so I have no complaints at all.

As poor as the match itself was, the terrace was worse. Absolutely atrocious.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 4

Dreadful performance. Thank goodness we had a decent back line, and Bruno up front. Our midfield, if that's what it was, of Brattan, Bozanic, Vidosic and Mauk was pathetic, Brattan particularly. 

I'd say Arzani was taken off because he had the yellow.

Joyce's substitutions have me completely baffled. To me it was obvious that he should bring on Budzinski for Mauk, but no. The club needs to sort the situation with Budzinski as soon as our season finishes. Otherwise we're tying up one marquee visa position with a player who the gaffer seems to not want to play.

Given what they were seeing, I'm not surprised Active couldn't get going. People sitting around us at the South End were bored stiff with what was being dished up.

I'll take the three points and move on. At least we're guaranteed a home final now. But, Jeez, that was hard to sit through.

Good to have Bruno! Again Mr  Reliable who has the guts to shoot from any position. But please leave him alone, he is playing very well considering that he came back from a serious injury! I would worry more about why is getting Mauk so much game time? He is not in the greatest form and what has Budzinksi to do to get even some game time? It was hard to watch tonight's game but it is WIN! Let's forget it and hope that it was only one night off!

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Were we watching the same game. Brattan was easily our best performer during the first half. And the second half was only pipped by Bort IMO. 

Imo Brattan still kills the flow of the game by stopping completely when he gets the ball

• Like 1

Even though the last 15 minutes was hard to watch (due to substitutions and our apparent lack of ambition once we got the goal), we really should have scored 2-3 more (Messrs Fitzgerald and Bruno twice, having one-on-ones) so it's a combination of both I guess, if we'd scored a few more, we wouldn't have cared as much what substitutions were made.

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

Were we watching the same game. Brattan was easily our best performer during the first half. And the second half was only pipped by Bort IMO. 

6 hours ago, haz said:

Imo Brattan still kills the flow of the game by stopping completely when he gets the ball

Hence my comment. Stops just about every potential move forward stone dead. When you're facing those two tight defensive lines you have to move the ball forward quickly, not dwell on it and then go sideways.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, playmaker said:

No we should play him. Mauk is shit. If Bud had half the chances Mauk had we would have won 3-0.

Wazza has rocks in his head.

Mauk offers alot more defensively than bud, and his runs into the box are unreal. I reckon if he landed half of the chances he gets by doing this we might be thinking differently about Mauk.

• Like 4