Melbourne Football

Sunday 1st April 5pm kick off DEFINITELY MUST WIN GAME vs Newcastle

kingofhearts

Given Newcastle inexplicably were at 6's and 7's at the back (which is usually the opposite of a Merrick team), and the fact that Bruno looked like old Bruno for the first time since he's come back from injury, I reserve the right to be far too optimistic leading up to this game, then have my hopes dashed when we actually step out onto the park.

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3. Scott JAMIESON, 4. Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7. Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Oliver BOZANIC, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 11.Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan MAUK, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 15.Denis GENREAU, 18. Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 22. Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26. Luke BRATTAN, 27. Marcin BUDZINSKI, 37.Nathaniel ATKINSON

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Bruce Kamau (promoted), 15.Denis GENREAU (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (quad)

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-jets-v-city

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3. Scott JAMIESON, 4. Harrison DELBRIDGE, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 7. Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Oliver BOZANIC, 10.Dario VIDOSIC, 11.Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan MAUK, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 15.Denis GENREAU, 18. Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 22. Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26. Luke BRATTAN, 27. Marcin BUDZINSKI, 37.Nathaniel ATKINSON

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Bruce Kamau (promoted), 15.Denis GENREAU (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama MALIK (quad)

So Malik is offically out for a Germano? (Although he doesnt have 1-Week next to his name)

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'd say it's a bit of both. Either a Kilmano or a Gerkenny.

Killing me! 10/10.

22 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

But.... according to most of the posters on here malik is Wazza's bum boy !!!!

Yeah Malik’s definitely our for a Germano and La Rocca & Kamau for a Kilkenny.

• Like 1

I noticed a bit of information on injured players on the club's team news article this week. I've never noticed it before but it's good to see the club actually listening to the fans.

Osama Malik has not been able to recover from his quad complaint in time for the second versus third clash, although the midfielder has resumed more intense training this week. Long-term absentee Iacopo La Rocca remains sidelined due to a calf issue as he continues to work towards full fitness.

Captain Michael Jakobsen remains in the squad, having returned to training this week after a niggle saw him replaced during the 3-0 win over Western Sydney Wanderers last Saturday.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, haz said:

Wow, how long has it been since we have had an unchanged lineup 3 weeks in a row?

Also we need to fuck off Budzinski, a decent HAL team should always have 5 Visas on the field performing well.

We don't even get to square one. Before you can get five on the field performing well, you have to have five, and then you have to have them on the field. We have neither of those.

IMO in any other club Budzinski would be on the field. He was offered a contract and took it. If he was a crap signing, then that's down to CFG and Petrillo. If he's OK but not on the field, that's down to Joyce.

Irrespective of how this season pans out over the final weeks, IMO Joyce has shown via the intra-season departures that he can be a destructive manager.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We don't even get to square one. Before you can get five on the field performing well, you have to have five, and then you have to have them on the field. We have neither of those.

IMO in any other club Budzinski would be on the field. He was offered a contract and took it. If he was a crap signing, then that's down to CFG and Petrillo. If he's OK but not on the field, that's down to Joyce.

Irrespective of how this season pans out over the final weeks, IMO Joyce has shown via the intra-season departures that he can be a destructive manager.

I dont want to say it but I am. I will give Joyce the chance with "cleaning out the squad", I dont think he had much influence on the signings when he arrived at the start of the season. I dont care if next season our team is  bunch of English Lower Tier style Hoof-Ballers, as long as we win I will be happy.

• Like 1