Melbourne Football

2018 AFL Season

GreenSeater

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Dees legit don't know how to win a game. Too many years of being shit.

After Taylor went down in the 2nd Term I dont know how the Demons can be as good as the media have been pumping them off for over the off season, as that was as an inexperienced and last resort defense as I have seen from Geelong in well over ten years.

Edited by cadete

1 hour ago, cadete said:

After Taylor went down in the 2nd Term I dont know how the Demons can be as good as the media have been pumping them off for over the off season, as that was as an inexperienced and last resort defense as I have seen from Geelong in well over ten years.

Melbourne are a decent team, but I agree our defense was inexperienced and really missed Taylor.

7 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

Melbourne are a decent team, but I agree our defense was inexperienced and really missed Taylor.

Blitz playing as the First Key Defender, Kolo the Second Key Defender, then the others were Stewart, Toohey, Zac Guthrie, and Bews...

A "decent team" with largely its best forward setup should be able to overcome such inexperienced defensive group ESP when Melbourne dominated the center the entire second half.

• 5 months later...

Why the MCC hasn’t made its members nominate a Club of choice by now is ridiculous.

Its a joke that children who have attended every Collingwood match in Victoria up to now miss out on seeing their side possibly win a GF cos some Dee Supporting Scotch Old Boys have their annual get together every year on Grand Final Day.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

On 24/09/2018 at 1:42 PM, cadete said:

Why the MCC hasn’t made its members nominate a Club of choice by now is ridiculous.

Its a joke that children who have attended every Collingwood match in Victoria up to now miss out on seeing their side possibly win a GF cos some Dee Supporting Scotch Old Boys have their annual get together every year on Grand Final Day.

Fing oath.

The current situation is complete bullshit.

ps it won’t change- too many powerful people benefit 

19 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

hard to believe but razor ray would of had a better game, other 3 spastics don't deserve to wake up tomorrow  

Lel pls, the umpires had a pretty good day.

One ofthe great grand finals that though, hard, physical contests like that are so good to watch when everything is on the line.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Still waiting to as a Cats fan "Enjoy Obsurity" as I was told by that Bay 16 Collingwood fan who only comes on here to PM me when the Pies beat us.

Amazing how Collingwood turfed a whole GF side and has gone through a complete rebuild to pretty much come out even (Sorry just below even) last night to a Cats team that has played finals every Season bar one for 11 years.

You would hate for last year's season to be  simply a case of over achievement due to the Comp being of a low standard... As Bucks has been resigned for life.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it how there was a lot buzz about @kingofhearts Bombers prior to the season... Things finally clicking into gear.

Meanwhile Geelong keep sliding into obscure, winning on the road after a five day break.

Still got Touhy, Bews, Cocky, Guthrie and Scott Sellwood to come back too. Draft Picks mean shit if u can create a system.

Melbourne tank for picks, we just pluck stars from other sports, state leagues or even the beach league.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 0:50 PM, cadete said:

Love it how there was a lot buzz about @kingofhearts Bombers prior to the season... Things finally clicking into gear.

Meanwhile Geelong keep sliding into obscure, winning on the road after a five day break.

Still got Touhy, Bews, Cocky, Guthrie and Scott Sellwood to come back too. Draft Picks mean shit if u can create a system.

Melbourne tank for picks, we just pluck stars from other sports, state leagues or even the beach league.

Worked out for you in the finals last year.

On 05/04/2019 at 0:50 PM, cadete said:

Going a bit early aren’t you? Crikey you could lose 8 blokes to injury in the next month for all we know.

Anyway I’m just happy to see a competitive Suns team. If we maintain this form there will be plenty more ws before the year’s done.

9 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Going a bit early aren’t you? Crikey you could lose 8 blokes to injury in the next month for all we know.

Anyway I’m just happy to see a competitive Suns team. If we maintain this form there will be plenty more ws before the year’s done.

I'm staggered at the Lions form.

12 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Not going early at all... we are not sliding.

We probably won’t make the GF but every season Geelong fans get told due to the up and coming Vic sides who have not won anything in ages we are going to slide. (Because writing about Geelong winning is boring).

That's be proven to be incorrect do many times - and that's good enough for me. I am sick of people ignoring the way Geelong uses a combination of very smart recruiting and even more so how effectively it uses its VFL side as an Academy to create solid AFL players from unlikely places.

The Media is so fixed on finding rags to riches stories they ignore the staggering continuity at Geelong with their slide predictions year after year.

And to have this continuity is a great story in itself.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cadete said:

Not going early at all... we are not sliding.

We probably won’t make the GF but every season Geelong fans get told due to the up and coming Vic sides who have not won anything in ages we are going to slide. (Because writing about Geelong winning is boring).

That's be proven to be incorrect do many times - and that's good enough for me. I am sick of people ignoring the way Geelong uses a combination of very smart recruiting and even more so how effectively it uses its VFL side as an Academy to create solid AFL players from unlikely places.

The Media is so fixed on finding rags to riches stories they ignore the staggering continuity at Geelong with their slide predictions year after year.

And to have this continuity is a great story in itself.

I would add the Swans to the mix, and a for a while i thought that the Hawks could do it as well.

On 10/04/2019 at 7:23 PM, NewConvert said:

I would add the Swans to the mix, and a for a while i thought that the Hawks could do it as well.

Sydney deserve some credit but their extra salary cap space is a factor.

Hawthorn def do deserve credit, however they have been able to benefit from Established players (Frawley, Lake, Gibson etc) joining through Free Agency.

Geelong on the other hand have done things the hard way like converting Blivas from Steeplechaser who could not kick to a Best and Fairest Winner who can play Ruck, Ruck Rover and CHB.

Tom Stewart from a Surf League Full back to an All Australian Defender who racks up the kicks and can play on smalls or talls.

They have also had great success with overlooked State League players, from Harry Taylor to Pods and now Tim Kelly ( I pray every day he stays a cat.

Edited by cadete

• 4 weeks later...

@dconder13 still finding my above post funny mate?

We were given the hardest draw and only need to beat Richmond to have beaten all of last year's top four and all the rated Vic sides. (Supposedly Essendon fans thouggf they were one.)

Only blemish has been our very narrow lose to GWS. Meanwhile Hawthorn and Sydney continue to show how good Geelong are at rebuilding on the run.

Last week Sellwood missed, and Ablett and Danger almost played the whole game up forward.. Yet Kelly, Stanley, Duncan, Parfitt and Atkins did more than enough.

• Like 1