• Brattan
    • Fornaroli
    • Vidosic
    • Arzani
    • Muscat
    • Fitzy
    • Wazza

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/04/18 at 08:46 AM

25 minutes ago, haz said:

It was a better save then a shit kick

No.

Kick it high, kick it low - just don't kick it at the perfect height for a keeper to save, which is what he did.

Don't understand why he didn't take it the same way he did against victory.

9 minutes ago, rass said:

No.

Kick it high, kick it low - just don't kick it at the perfect height for a keeper to save, which is what he did.

Don't understand why he didn't take it the same way he did against victory.

He shouldn't be taking them at all until he gets his form back. He is way off the pace and shouldn't be putting his hand up.

8 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He shouldn't be taking them at all until he gets his form back. He is way off the pace and shouldn't be putting his hand up.

Agree. Coaching issue. We should have multiple players ready to take these dead-ball kicks. 

We should have more capable dead-ball players (McCormack really carried us in that regard in Bruno's absence until he left).

We should also have more centre forwards, because apart from Bruno we have no one in the whole squad (hence midfielders, defenders etc. being chucked up front). The team also arguably lacks goal-scorers, full stop.

Yet because of the playing list we're not flush any of these types of players, hence why this team is often lacking a cutting-edge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

IMO he's become a little too predictable, and Izzo clearly does his homework on penalty-takers.

I don't normally watch Adelaide so don't know if this is how he usually does stuff, but I thought Izzo tended to hold back a little longer before committing to going for a save. I think this would be because Fornaroli almost always goes for placement over power, which gives the keeper a touch more time to adjust before committing fully. Without having watched the replay quickly I wouldn't be surprised if Izzo did the same for the penalty. From memory Bruno has practically gently lobbed about half his penalties in, either to a side or down the middle (panenka?). If I was facing Bruno with a penalty I would wait in the middle and hope I have enough time to dive to the correct side if he doesn't go the chip down the middle.

Also Bruno nailed the last penalty so had every right to take this one.