Melbourne Football

RD 23: Adelaide v Melbourne City, Friday March 16 7.50pm

Harrison

Classic game to see where we are at.

Seriously after not playing for a while and therefore not losing for a while I'm very bullish about our chances and see a comfortable win on the way.

Add to that optimism this will be the start of 8 game winning run that will see us win the granny.

34 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Seriously after not playing for a while and therefore not losing for a while I'm very bullish about our chances and see a comfortable win on the way.

Add to that optimism this will be the start of 8 game winning run that will see us win the granny.

Image result for fingers crossed gif

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

every game is to see "where we are at" and this game is "another game" according to Joyce.. save us someone

I think it's a requirement that when you join CFG you leave your brain and capacity for independent thought outside the door.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Still drunk from the long weekend mate? 

You're seeing things 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think it's a requirement that when you join CFG you leave your brain and capacity for independent thought outside the door.

§ 21.1   Nr 2

All employees contracted to the CFG group must sell their soul to the sheik.

Insert picture of Homer saying 'Id sell me soul for a donut' and the devil appearing, but its a photoshop of Warren Joyce saying 'Id sell my soul for a coaching job' and the sheik appearing. (@thisphantomfortress)

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

As always with the men's team, anything could happen. The less likely scenario is that we'll win but it is possible. Adelaide, like us, are struggling to score and are vulnerable at the back so the result really hinges on who will be more vulnerable and who will struggle less. A one-goal win for either team is the most likely outcome, I'd like to believe that it would be to us but then I don't believe in the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy

9 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

As always with the men's team, anything could happen. The less likely scenario is that we'll win but it is possible. Adelaide, like us, are struggling to score and are vulnerable at the back so the result really hinges on who will be more vulnerable and who will struggle less. A one-goal win for either team is the most likely outcome, I'd like to believe that it would be to us but then I don't believe in the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy

inb4 Blackwood plays out of his skin and scores his first hatrick

22 hours ago, belaguttman said:

This. We’ve already had our defining games— against victory, Sydneys. Theres no more defining to be done. We’re more likely to lose, and a win is 30/70 on being convincing or unconvincing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

This. We’ve already had our defining games— against victory, Sydneys. Theres no more defining to be done. We’re more likely to lose, and a win is 30/70 on being convincing or unconvincing.

Yep 3-1 Adelaide is my prediction

Edited by haz

A snippet from http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/adelaide-united-captain-isaias-delivers-his-verdict-on-reds-finals-chances-and-the-run-home/news-story/64425db42da49e7f5932c212a651d1b6

Imagine losing to this mob FFS :hkpalm:  Oh the shame of it :o

Adelaide United captain Isaias delivers his verdict on Reds’ finals chances and the run home

Val Migliaccio, adelaidenow
March 10, 2018 8:43pm

SKIPPER Isaias firmly believes Adelaide United is good enough to earn a home elimination final — either a third of fourth place finish.

The club is currently sitting fifth, three points adrift of third place with second place out of reach if Newcastle snares at least one point in five matches.

With five matches before the tense end of the home-and-away season, Adelaide starts with three consecutive Friday night matches at Hindmarsh Stadium.

In order to fulfil Isaias’ prophecy Adelaide will need to beat for the first time this season the top three clubs — Sydney FC, Jets and Melbourne City.

In six matches against these sides this season, Adelaide has earned just one point from 18.

3ba37787af8ba1494458cba826343e90?width=650  
Isaias is confident of Adelaide’s chances. (Mark Brake/Getty Images)

“We can win very single match we have to stay compact and not have any gaps between the lines,’’ Isaias said. “If we can defend and be compact, we have a chance to play our strong transition game.

“We can have control of the game and from there we can punish teams.”

“The next three games at home is very important, we need the support from our fans, they help us win the games and we can finish third or fourth.”

478480f8a26487676baced3dd9fff041?width=650   Daniel Arzani is a real threat for Melbourne City. (AAP Image/Hamish Blair)

THE RUN HOME

ROUND 23: MELBOURNE CITY

Friday, March 16 at Coopers Stadium: Kick off: 7.20pm

Season record: two losses — home: 0-2, away: 0-5

Isaias on City: “They’re a very good team and have one of the biggest squads in the competition. They have good structure and they have a team behind them that puts good money in the club. But in the A-League when you play at this level there isn’t much difference.”

How can you beat this mob?

“We’ve got the 5-0 loss inside burning us after the last time we played against them. I hurt us a lot, we’re hungry, we’re not after revenge I wouldn’t call it that. We can win this game at home with our fans and we can get one point behind them with a win.”

Who is the most dangerous for them?

“Daniel Arzani is very good with his skills and speed and Bruno Fornaroli coming back from injury, he’s doing very well.”

What can go wrong?

“They have players that can make the difference in the last third, we have to stay compact.”

Team news. Malik out. No mention of La Rocca.

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 4. Harrison Delbridge, 5.Bart Schenkeveld, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8.Oliver Bozanic, 10.Dario Vidosic, 11. Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan Mauk, 14.Daniel Arzani, 15.Denis Genreau, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 23.Bruno Fornaroli, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 37.Nathaniel Atkinson

Ins: 5.Bart Schenkeveld (returns from suspension), 15.Denis Genreau (promoted)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 6.Osama Malik (quad), 19.Christian Cavallo (quad)

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/team-news-citys-round-23-squad

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 4. Harrison Delbridge, 5.Bart Schenkeveld, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8.Oliver Bozanic, 10.Dario Vidosic, 11. Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan Mauk, 14.Daniel Arzani, 15.Denis Genreau, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 23.Bruno Fornaroli, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 37.Nathaniel Atkinson

Huge blow. Far less confident with the news Malik is out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

On paper that squad is as good as anything in the A League. On the pitch they are not. We've got the players, just not the shape, tactics, hunger... And Malik out is grim. 

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Our midfield isn't a patch on last season's. Mauk and Budzinski have been terrible signings.  I also believe Jacobsen has been poor since he moved back into defence. I don't expect much from this game, and wouldn't be surprised to see us finish 6th at best.

6 hours ago, bt50 said:

5 games - 10 points. Do that and we will get third. Starts here.

Tonight is looking tough. Adelaide look as though they will have a couple of visa players back. TBH I'll take a draw - a loss will be a disaster for us.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Tonight is looking tough. Adelaide look as though they will have a couple of visa players back. TBH I'll take a draw - a loss will be a disaster for us.

As usual, i want a win. But in a pragmatic sense win our two home games and in Welly, and draw tonight and that gets us our 10 in the most likely way.