FFA Pyrotechnic Legalisation

LRobinson

Thoughts  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts

• I only like illegal pyrotechnics
    • optimistic
    • sceptical

This is a great move from the FFA. I’m equally surprised and excited. 

The problem now though, is that they’ll have to undo their media campaign that has created the public perception that flares are dangerous and evil.

The active support is really the league’s best asset. The more they do to encourage it and let it be all that it can, the better and more robust the league will be. Keep up the good work.

Could be the most suprising move by the FFA ever. I'd have thought promotion relegation was more likely to happen than this. As to the outcome I'm sceptical on both sides. Sceptical the FFA won't make a blunder of this and also sceptical the supporters will find a way to fuck up this leniency. 

9 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Surely they gotta be kidding right????? So all this season they've been working on Gallops contract extension, fucking kids sparklers to be allowed and patenting a Wanderers song. Personally I would have thought the following might have more priority, only to mention a few;

1. League expansion
  2. Promotion of the actual game
  3. Scheduling it properly around international breaks and avoid silly breaks
  4. Becoming a bloody proper football federation lined up with worlds standard
  5. Stop being fucking nobs

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

I think it its a great initiative. But it needs to be done in the right way.

I suggest you get a capo or some large bloke or group of blokes to hold up the low temperature smoke emitting devices and wave them around in the YMCA type motion just after the VAR lights signify a goal and the McDonald's add has finished, so that can in turn trigger a prearranged pitch invasion of 25 already selected under 12s mini roos kids can go and hug the goal scorer.

If you don't do things right there is no point doing it 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Oh God, that was embarrassing. We don't need that kind of stuff at football. 

To be perfectly honest I'm happy if this comes to fruition (the legal pyro). Do I think it helps the atmosphere? Yes it does, regardless what side of the fence you stand it does create more atmosphere. However getting the governing body to 'normalise' the use of flares will go a way I think to removing the stigma of football being unsafe for people, which is a anti football push anyway from the media. At least in theory I hope this is what happens and that it also goes someway to getting active support, at least the good part of it, back to what it was. 

Edited by n i k o