Melbourne Football

THE DECIDER Melbourne Derby 2/3, 7.50pm

neio

2 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ok fellas, my prediction here:

We look good early but cop a goal from a random goofy defending mistake (eg. muscat touches the ball)  around the 27th minute. 

We work our way back into it in the 2nd half and manage to get 1-1 via bruno/arzani combo (eg. look away back heel scissor kick from half way) in 60th minute. 

The English "Guus Hiddink" takes Bruno and Arzani off and puts on 14 defenders. We go down 2-1 the 79th minute by another brain fart penalty or VAR matrix glitch. Guus promptly replaces our CB's with more CB's and Kamau somehow ends up in goals by the final whistle. 

The word "unlucky" is somehow used in the presser. 

Mods, green line it now to save time.

This warrants a green line, imo. 

• Like 4

If we scored goals, and stopped other teams from scoring, we'd actually be decent. 

Oh, and if we had decent facilities, we'd be pretty good too! No wonder Timmy left, I mean we just don't have the resources, so being mediocre is definitely fair enough... 

...by the way, I was being sarcastic. 

IMG_5024.JPG

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

7 minutes ago, neio said:

Alot of players to blame before bouzanis, like how we let him through one on one with no pressure

No, I'm really wondering what people think - I wonder why he did just dove to wrong side like it was a penalty.

Atkinson was to blame for that for the one on one.

The whole team played without drive and creativity, I'm particularly frustrated with the walking around of Vidosic and Bozanic - did we have idea how we were going to attack? Bruno's touch and passing is way off. It looked like every Victory had more skill and control than any of our players. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

Same old, same old. The only change this season is that Climate Change or something has delayed our yearly winless January by a month. If we play to form, we'll lose third place next week and then continue to lose until 3rd is out of reach. There'll be a mini-revival before the inevitable collapse in the final.

CFG won't invest in big dollar marquees until we qualify for ACL

Positives:

I didn't go

Negatives:

2 goals scored in 3 games, 9 conceded

We've lost our defensive solidity, we have poor shape, huge gaps between the lines, players not tracked.

Basic mistakes continue

Glacial ball movement combined with poor movement off the ball creates little attacking space, compounded by poor final deliveries. 

We rarely created an attacking overload, making the job easy for a pretty average visit0rs team.

Only Arzani regularly looks like he'll score at the moment

We're chasing the game and Wazza brings on another defender. Great decision to get rid of a host of attacking players

Even the seagulls didn't turn up tonight

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

We're a mess, team all over the place, no pressing, their wingers constantly able to roam. Fuck all creativity and messing around. 

Griffths jones gutless, professional fouls on the break and not punished. At least 2 in the first half. Dud broxham could of been off after the pen then. 

Arzani carded while troisi sheep sanchez flopped everywhere 

The player stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

1. Bouzanis kicking high balls to Bruno. smallest vs tallest

2. playing 4 forward when we are losing everything in the midfield.

3. Kicking long balls continually even when we are are losing nearly every contest.

4. Playing wide when we have no centre target.

5. When Delbridge came on we played low balls from the wing( sorry but that's just dumb)

6. Not pulling the trigger from outside the box in the last 15 and not evacuating the box to create more space.

Totally dumb game.

We are capable but it's just not right which makes sense because the whole season has been full of interruptions, losing key players which has led to lack of team chemistry 

• Like 1

We get way to slow & narrow with Bozanic, Bratten, Budz, Fornaroli & Vidosic. When Arzani gets tired he doesn’t use the width either. Everyone wants to be a ball player, no one willing to move the ball quickly & hit space. We weren’t pretty the first half of the year but for the most part, every player played a role, at the moment 5 are trying to play the same.

How Fitzy didn’t get at least 20 minutes tonight astounds me. Should of been a like for like swap with Arzani. When Arzani went off we were crying out for some directness & someone running behind into space. 

I thought Bruce was good tonight, worked hard & had some nice touches, just ran out of legs at the end. Him & Forna both should of been replaced around the 70min mark.

Opportunity lost, I thought we were sure things at 1 - 1.

Edited by LB
  • Like 3

3 at the back will never fucking work, Ive said this shit from the first game we played 3 At the Back...play a RB Muscat at CB cos Tongyik ,la Rocca, and Delbridge wouldn’t do a better job , don’t tell me we played with 1 CB while on a 3 at the back fk man ...I don’t normally jump on the Joyce Out bandwagon after a loss but man that tactic ,formation , defending, attacking decision, passing, first touch, marking was fuckin shite..

Another season another back to back loss with only a slight chance in winning a home elimination finals, that’s only if we play a home final ....This is how it feels to be City , the man needs to go cos he sure has CHANGED THE CULTURE talk about consistency. 

JOYCE OUT 

As bad as the Victards are, we are not much better. Not sure if its just the emotion of tonight but thought that was a gutless performance. Did not show near enough hunger or desire to win it, to many passengers.
Thought the game was lost in midfield, so many fucking holes in there it was ridiculous. Regardless of his occasional fuck ups, it just highlights the importance of having Malik in there acting as a screen in-front of our back 4. Brattan and Bozanic are too similar players to be partnered together and its telling with just how unbalanced we are.

On top of that, besides Arzani, there is absolute fuck all attacking threat and yet again, just how it was at the start of the season, we only look like scoring from set pieces.

Thought Joyce absolutely cooked the team selection and the timing of those substitutions tonight were again, ridiculous. 

Fearing the worst for our next 3 games against Adelaide, Newcastle, WSW

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

We play wide

We played 4 back

We play wide? Who was the other winger with Kamau when Arzani went off? Vidosic? If he got within 10m of the touch line more the twice I’ll eat my hat. We had 4 guys, in between 5 of them, standing within an 5m of each other, passing in triangles. 

Maybe im in the minority, but give me effective football over ‘beautiful’ passing football every day of the week.

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Was Wazza channeling Aloisi tonight? I felt I was back in the bad old days.

We were terrible. The only highlight was that bloke running on the pitch, not bad evasive skills for someone who was presumably drunk as a skunk.

More like channelling Valkanis in the disorganisation and lack of attacking threat. The fact that we can't even agree of we played 3 or 4 at the back is an example of how disorganised we are defensively

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

More like channelling Valkanis in the disorganisation and lack of attacking threat. The fact that we can't even agree of we played 3 or 4 at the back is an example of how disorganised we are defensively

I cant get over the amount of defensive players we have, and still dont know how to defend.

I missed all four games at the start of the season, what has change in our defense since then?

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Sorry mate we were 4 at the back until Muscat came off on injury time. Clear as Day.

Yeah you’re right but Jakob was pushing up way too high whenever we attacked ...which resulted me thinking we played 3 at the back , and Atkinson’s overlapping runs didn’t help too

5 minutes ago, haz said:

I cant get over the amount of defensive players we have, and still dont know how to defend.

I missed all four games at the start of the season, what has change in our defense since then?

We stopped parking the bus and just kicking long balls. As soon as we did that we lost our defensive structure. I can't remember the name of the coach, but someone used to tie and connect the players together with long ropes in training so that they learned to move as a unit and stay compact