Melbourne Football

THE DECIDER Melbourne Derby 2/3, 7.50pm

neio

42 minutes ago, neio said:

What i want tonight.

A derby goal at our end of pitch, we havnt scored a league derby goal at our end since we have been city 

Was just thinking that, i cant remember the last time we scored at our home end at AAMI in a derby.

Also, I know its such a small irk but even to shoot at our home end in the 2nd half for every home game would be nice, only time we seem to do it is in derbies..

34 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

And is willing to take the ball forward.

For all of Tongyik's positive attributes on the ball he's incredible prone to concentration fades and poor defensive positioning. Wouldn't be giving him his first start for months in a derby.

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

For all of Tongyik's positive attributes on the ball he's incredible prone to concentration fades and poor defensive positioning. Wouldn't be giving him his first start for months in a derby.

As opposed to the error free game of Delbridge 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

What i want tonight.

A derby goal at our end of pitch, we havnt scored a league derby goal at our end since we have been city 

Thats cause for some bloody reason , we are the only club that kick away from their active in the second half.

Bloody stupid if you ask me

• Like 1

The defensive partnership will almost certainly be Delbridge and Jakobsen.

If Muscat lines up on the right then he will need to mark George closely and we will sacrifice a lot of drive from that side.

With Arzani it isn't much of an issue, but I'd love to see some overlapping runs when Arzani is dribbling toward goal. 

If we could add a few goals from crosses then we would be a lot more potent. 

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Apparently it likes me because I can get tickets when you can't. Perhaps because I'm a capitalist.

Did you buy the tickets in Bay 20 after all?

By the time Mrs G realised that she had a mobile phone in her bag and that it had rung repeatedly and that there were several messages... there was only a single ticket left in Bay 20:wub:

It just goes to show, check daily as they release unsold tickets.

>>>>>>>Warren Joyce is declining to get caught up in the hype of this week’s Melbourne Derby.<<<<

what hype would this be?  there was a bigger build-up ahead of me walking the dog yesterday.....

this has been the flattest A-League season I have known. On a related note, Victory crowd numbers are in free fall.  It will be very interesting to see the attendance tonight. I don't think it will be more than 20,000......which is shocking really when this is the best clash at the best venue.   

I'd like to see Tongyik in defence, he's a big physical presence.  Let's face it, all of our players are susceptible to possession brain fades.....

I think Bud is a quiet achiever and I quite fancy him to score a winner tonight. 

1 hour ago, CityWildcat said:

>>>>>>>Warren Joyce is declining to get caught up in the hype of this week’s Melbourne Derby.<<<<

what hype would this be?  there was a bigger build-up ahead of me walking the dog yesterday.....

this has been the flattest A-League season I have known. On a related note, Victory crowd numbers are in free fall.  It will be very interesting to see the attendance tonight. I don't think it will be more than 20,000......which is shocking really when this is the best clash at the best venue.   

I'd like to see Tongyik in defence, he's a big physical presence.  Let's face it, all of our players are susceptible to possession brain fades.....

I think Bud is a quiet achiever and I quite fancy him to score a winner tonight. 

I think probably because Sydney has run away with the Premiership, and I doubt anyone will catch Newcastle for second. The other clubs are more-or-less playing only for the crumbs now, and some sort of hope that they can pull off a miracle in the finals series.

There's not really a marquee player out there that neutrals would pay money to watch, and if you add these factors into the bad smell that's been hanging around FFA for a while, it's not really surprising that the season has been flat.

Once again, City hasn't done enough (so far - it's not over 'til the fat lady sings) after a big start to the season (in terms of results) to grow its fan base and attendance numbers, and IMO the exits of Cahill, Brandan, Carrusca and Kilkenny have taken the gloss off the club somewhat.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The other clubs are more-or-less playing only for the crumbs now, and some sort of hope that they can pull off a miracle in the finals series.

Which is my No.1 gripe about the A-League....this ridiculous AFL-style ''finals series'' which could inexplicably see us win the ''Grand Final''.  Stuff the grand final! 

I guess from an FFA/A-League point of view they need the ''finals'" BS more than ever with year with Sydney running away with the home-and-away season again. 

Call me a purist, but I think Sydney deserve the title. At least they haven't bought it with a tycoon's treasure trove.

That would be our job, if there were no caps.  I'm kinda glad there are. 

• Like 1

Just now, neio said:

Arzani must go to the left and run at donachie at every opportunity, he looks slow as a centre back. We will be worse as a right back 

IMG_20180302_185207.jpg

Wow we are fooked.

No threat from Kamau, Muscat at CB didnt go well last time (Red vs Sydney).