Melbourne Football

National Premier League Victoria

jw1739

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

There was. Something about Petrillo trying to push him out.

My informant today told me that Rado Vidosic was appointed to take charge of youth football over Joe Palatsides and that's why the latter left.

Hmm i reckon this might have even been pre Petrillo. When did he start with us??

Off the top of my head i would have said those rumours were roughly after our first NPL season and that the club wasnt happy with our results and style in that competition. Anyways it was predominantly hearsay from memory.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Hmm i reckon this might have even been pre Petrillo. When did he start with us??

Off the top of my head i would have said those rumours were roughly after our first NPL season and that the club wasnt happy with our results and style in that competition. Anyways it was predominantly hearsay from memory.

@bt50 Petrillo started October 2015. https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/victory/former-adelaide-united-ceo-michael-petrillo-starts-job-with-melbourne-victory/news-story/54360eea8d89dd1f84d1d1c5c172f80f?nk=425dde2122ef39813eae8de5e4c16d4c-1555546792

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, citymad said:

Youth beaten 2 nil by Werribee today. if they don't start winning soon they will be relegated to the new third tier starting 2020. maybe that is the right level if they cannot win games in the NPL2. 

True, but going by the average age of the squad that I’ve seen lately they are extremely young. 

25 minutes ago, Mork said:

True, but going by the average age of the squad that I’ve seen lately they are extremely young. 

And the "winning" is not the only objective of the Academy teams. It's about overall development, not only as footballers but in terms of life skills as well.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

4-2 City. 

Just now, jw1739 said:

That's odd. There is usually a Twitter feed for youth matches here https://twitter.com/MelbCityYouth but nothing there for this match.

I guess I am the Twitter feed... 

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That's odd. There is usually a Twitter feed for youth matches here https://twitter.com/MelbCityYouth but nothing there for this match.

Are there any squad numbers anywhere jw? 

40 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

4-2 City. 

I guess I am the Twitter feed... 

Are there any squad numbers anywhere jw? 

@fensaddler You have to look at a previous team sheet to get them. The club web-site is rather deficient in this respect.

This is the team sheet for the previous match.
image.png.dc63b9d9e77a5eb4f9690f667a538049.png

You deserve a medal going out to that place and for your reports. I went there once about 8 years ago to see a Heart pre-season match. Never again. It feels like half-way to Sydney from my place. I have no idea why anyone would schedule a match there in the evening at this time of the year.

Apparently we're fielding a very young team indeed, and they are physically not quite able to last the distance. But they always give it a good shot.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

@fensaddler You have to look at a previous team sheet to get them. The club web-site is rather deficient in this respect.

This is the team sheet for the previous match.
image.png.dc63b9d9e77a5eb4f9690f667a538049.png

You deserve a medal going out to that place and for your reports. I went there once about 8 years ago to see a Heart pre-season match. Never again. It feels like half-way to Sydney from my place. I have no idea why anyone would schedule a match there in the evening at this time of the year.

Apparently we're fielding a very young team indeed, and they are physically not quite able to last the distance. But they always give it a good shot.

Yes, there's clearly a lot of skill there. 41, Jordi Valadon scored a cracking third for us, and Ramy looked the class of our side. Speaking to some of the Manningham people after the match, their tactic in the second half was to put the big number 8 up front (he's literally seven foot tall and nicknamed Gigantor, and he made some of our lads look like 12 year olds) and punt the ball forward towards him. In foul pissing rain our lads got bossed out of it as they ran out of legs in the last ten. 

Ps, we live in Lara, so it feels about halfway to Sydney for us as well... 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

Absolutely brutal, finished above three teams this year and still get relegated.

Isn't there some sort of rearrangement of the leagues and that's why the bottom four are going down a level?

Also, I read that at times we have fielded a very young team indeed, with many 15-y-o players.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Isn't there some sort of rearrangement of the leagues and that's why the bottom four are going down a level?

Also, I read that at times we have fielded a very young team indeed, with many 15-y-o players.

It's bottom 6 from npl2 east and west. This will create NPL3 as such.