Melbourne Football

A League XI

bt50

There's a good thread over at 442 atm so i thought i'd bring it here. Name your best current A League XI.

For me:

Izzo
WIlkshire  Wilkinson Schenkeveld Zullo
                  Isaias    Brilliante
                         Ninkovic
Adrian              Fornaroli     George

SUBS : Young Bobo Brattan Nabbout Petratos 

Highlights how bad the shape of RB is in the league imo.

16 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So you'd put Bruno in as the best striker after 30mins and no goals.

I hate Bobo more than most but he must start. 

I based it off who i think is the best player in each position that currently plays in the league, not form, exposed or otherwise. I appreciate some will pick it the other way.
For me it comes down to a) who i think is a better player and b ) who would fit the team best.
I rate Bobo as a very good player, but i think he's far more one dimensional than Bruno and is an easier player to remove his influence from a game. There's no doubt if we are doing an in-form XI then Bobo is clearly the first picked striker.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bt50 said:

I based it off who i think is the best player in each position that currently plays in the league, not form, exposed or otherwise. I appreciate some will pick it the other way.
For me it comes down to a) who i think is a better player and b ) who would fit the team best.
I rate Bobo as a very good player, but i think he's far more one dimensional than Bruno and is an easier player to remove his influence from a game. There's no doubt if we are doing an in-form XI then Bobo is clearly the first picked striker.

If injury isn't an issue, surely Rhyan Grant gets the nod at RB over Wilkshere

Edited by GreenSeater
Can't spell

23 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'd say right at this minute Schenkeveld and Arzani are our only contenders for a place in the squad. Highlighting the state of the City squad at the moment.

Harsh on City IMO. Says more about Sydney's squad overall tbf, especially seeing as they make a case for almost the entire back 4, more than half of the midfield and arguably the striker spot. @bt50 didn't name a single Newcastle player in his first 11 (not that I'm arguing with him) and two Adelaide players. However, Newcastle are a substantially better side than Adelaide are and I don't think that it's reason to assume there's an issue with Newcastle's squad.

Outside of Sydney, I don't think a midfield pairing has been better across the league than Brattan and Malik, Jamo is probably better than just about every other LB in the league, Jakobsen would get into almost every other team and obviously we've got Bruno back now. We've got a couple of gaps in the squad but it's still a very good one.

Edited by Embee