Melbourne Football

City Vs Guangzhuo R&F 6 Feb 5pm @ CFA Melb

NuggetsMcGreggor

33 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Didn't someone on the fourm say that he was released?

As always the accuracy of this forum is impeccable. 

With Fitzgerald and Muscat named. Does that suggest they are bench at best for Smurfs.

I don't think Delbridge is much chop and Emmanuel is slightly better.

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Our boys are getting handed the Chinese Dong, Dim-Sim deep.

Im praying to the Salsa gods that Bruno makes the bench for Sydney with a short cameo

You've got what is basically a City youth team, supplemented with substitute first team players Galekovic, Muscat, Tongyik, Fitzy and Kamau, plus Bruno getting minutes into his legs and confidence into his head after a long injury lay-off, playing a Chinese Super League team on a pre-season tour. Result immaterial really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You've got what is basically a City youth team, supplemented with substitute first team players Galekovic, Muscat, Tongyik, Fitzy and Kamau, plus Bruno getting minutes into his legs and confidence into his head after a long injury lay-off, playing a Chinese Super League team on a pre-season tour. Result immaterial really.

Just wanted to make the joke JW ;)

13 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I think (?) Nathan Atkinson was there and didn't have a brace on his leg, jumped for a ball at one stage when it went out of play too, so maybe good signs for the young man. 

The diagnosis was only 4-6 in the end i think, which would have him due back any time between 5-7 games to go. If he's back in 4 weeks its plausible he's back for our next game v Perth away in a fortnight (31 days)

16 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I think (?) Nathan Atkinson was there and didn't have a brace on his leg, jumped for a ball at one stage when it went out of play too, so maybe good signs for the young man. 

Jamo mentioned to us (off-air I think) that Atkinson was already running again so it seems he's recovering well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Embee said:

Jamo mentioned to us (off-air I think) that Atkinson was already running again so it seems he's recovering well

Bruno and Aktinson (assuming no more injuries) coming back. Budzik, Arzani and Vidosic hitting form..... ahhh im moist for finals. Maybe we might finally win in the last round of the season for once

1 hour ago, haz said:

Bruno and Aktinson (assuming no more injuries) coming back. Budzik, Arzani and Vidosic hitting form..... ahhh im moist for finals. Maybe we might finally win in the last round of the season for once

That really will depend on what your doing Early april.  Maybe an early spring rendezvous perhaps.

34 minutes ago, Jovan said:

That really will depend on what your doing Early april.  Maybe an early spring rendezvous perhaps.

Mid April I'll be back in Australia.... not Melbourne though. I apologise in advance for our first round elimination

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Haha until they can beat an A League team in an actual competitive fixture no-one will take them seriously.

Precisely. We've had this discussion on here about our own pre-season matches, let alone pre-season matches for other clubs. Little if anything can be determined from them.

12 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

We've improved our team a lot this year, I reckon we could get the Nix and CCM at Lakeside easy

Most the players you've 'improved' your team with wouldn't get a run at the Nix or CCM.

I always say that Victory fans are basically the Liverpool fans of Australia, but South Melbourne give them a run for their money.

13 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

We've improved our team a lot this year, I reckon we could get the Nix and CCM at Lakeside easy

Lol pls. Even if you could beat them, which you'd be a chance and imo a slim one at that, you definitely wouldnt be doing it easy.

3 minutes ago, rass said:

You probably need to ask yourself why would the Nix and CCM even care about playing some crap NPL team that can't even win their own league?

Doubt they would be lol, hypothetically speaking

2 minutes ago, Embee said:

Most the players you've 'improved' your team with wouldn't get a run at the Nix or CCM.

I always say that Victory fans are basically the Liverpool fans of Australia, but South Melbourne give them a run for their money.

Improved our team from an FFA Cup SF team, the signings we've made are nothing special individually, but as a team put together compared to last year we're a lot better off than we were.

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Lol pls. Even if you could beat them, which you'd be a chance and imo a slim one at that, you definitely wouldnt be doing it easy.

Mmmm probably not easy but I'd be surprised if we didn't get the job done