Melbourne Football

RD 19 V Brisbane 7pm Sunday 4th Feb Away

Dylan

4 minutes ago, rass said:

Unconvincing, wtf? Game played on our terms, awesome effort from the boys, out attacking them away from home.

Really impressive how we're fighting back in games now.

not familiar with defending? free header, retarded pen, simple tap in missed in both halves, if they were any good we would of copped 4+

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

not familiar with defending? free header, retarded pen, simple tap in missed in both halves, if they were any good we would of copped 4+

..and we could have scored 6 ourselves.

We go up there and win from behind, yet the best we can call it is unconvincing... Really...

8 minutes ago, rass said:

..and we could have scored 6 ourselves.

We go up there and win from behind, yet the best we can call it is unconvincing... Really...

Pretty much this.

I thought we were head and shoulders the better team today, we just couldn't finish as per usual.

Also really disappointing to see how far fitzy has fallen too, the blokes regressed a bit compared to his form from the start of the season.

One thing i will give wazza credit for this season however is how we seem to be coming back from games where we are down and winning them. In the old heart/ early city days, once we were down, we were fucked.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

First time I've attended a game away from Melbourne so I'm wrapped. I gotta say 'Phresh Kuts' Bouzanis was fuckin brilliant, we could've copped 5 tonight. Some really shitty defending at times. Massimo Ravioli's goal was a fkn disgraceful piece of non defending, completely unmarked. Delbridge was poo, got beaten a lot and threw himself around like a rag doll, he should stick to breaking legs and getting sent off. Budzinski was pretty decent, looks like the confidence is building. Overall not bad. 

• Like 1

A few random extra things.

Delbridge isn’t a right back (well not yet, would need a lot of games there to learn the trade, games we’d be likely to lose). 

Bart and Jaco looked like they’d met in the sheds before the kick off. Bizarre really. I thought they were both poor.

You can see why Joyce is riding Arzani. Pieces of brilliance but with that he’s also “Half a game Danny” and his shooting leaves a lot to be desired. He needs to keep working hard if he’s going to realise his potential.

• Like 1

A good win as in it's a game that we previously would have always lost. It was a lucky win, however. Gee, Roar is a team of whingers, just like their coach

Positives:

Looked fluent and had to attack intent from the start of the game.

Arzani provides the penetration, vision and aggression that we've missed in the front third.

Good game from Marcin, almost 90 minutes

Fine game from Brattan, we sacrificed a defender to overload Roar in the midfield, that worked well, but cost us some defensive cohesion

Bouzanis had improved markedly since van Stratten took over as goalkeeping coach. Much better positioning and decision making

A win from behind

#AloisiOut

Negatives:

Our front line effectiveness diminished to almost zero when Arzani left the field.

Delbridge is error-prone and reckless, I can't see how he's better than Tongyik, especially for how we want to play now.

Roar missed one pen and should have been awarded another so the win disguises the need for improvement

Once again we fall behind early

Jeez, what more do some of you want? We are winning games that previously we would have lost. You can look at any match and say "if this", "if that",  "if the other" it would have been 6-4 or something like that, but that's not the way life goes.

Every win and every point takes us closer to the third place we need for the ACL.

FFS get behind the boys.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Jeez, what more do some of you want? We are winning games that previously we would have lost. You can look at any match and say "if this", "if that",  "if the other" it would have been 6-4 or something like that, but that's not the way life goes.

Every win and every point takes us closer to the third place we need for the ACL.

FFS get behind the boys.

Yes, we're winning games that we would have lost but I want us to dominate games, look more secure at the back, not be chasing games so regularly, and to convert more of our chances. That doesn't mean that I'm unhappy. I'm sure Joyce is saying much the same thing to the players

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Jeez, what more do some of you want? We are winning games that previously we would have lost. You can look at any match and say "if this", "if that" if the other"" it would have been 6-4 or something like that, but that's not the way life goes.

FFS get behind the boys.

Is called negative bias. Blame evolution.  

At this point in time where the best we can hope for is 2nd, for me, i honestly could not care less how we play aslong as we're winning and keeping in touch of finishing 2nd for that home semi-final and our first ACL campaign.

Few points;

Thought Bud was brilliant tonight, exactly what i would expect from a marquee, just needs to show this week in week out.

Bratts and Malik again superb in the middle of the park

Besides the goal, thought Mauk offered very little but in saying that, not the worst out there... Delbridge looks an absolute hack, not convincing at all. 

Fitzy looks a man absolutely depleted of confidence, i would say the only way to get over that is to string a couple of starts together but dont see that happening with his showings off the bench lately.. 

Jako almost costing us with a stupid tackle for their penalty but good read by Bouzanis to save it, was outstanding tonight and saved our arse on 2-3 occasions. 

Good win tonight but we move onto the smurfs. Bring it on you cunts. 

• Like 2

Excellent win, love seeing Aloisi suffer. 

Bud was great, he looked pretty sharp and was also good defensively. He may very well make a huge impact in the run into finals. Exciting. 

Dean B was outstanding.

Arzani continues to dazzle.

Concerning that we conceded another very soft goal from a set piece. 

Something clearly NQR with Fitzy, not sure the answer there. His problem is terrible decision making. He must be overthinking things.

Also, Andy Harper is the biggest anti-City flog going around at the moment. #Harperout ... Oh and Andy we won so you can eat a turd

7965ABC6-C769-4E35-AA15-675C58C54D16.gif.97fbdc629dc43148b6341cf260d74995.gif

The Fox team are pretty protective of Bambi, almost never criticise (apart from Bozza). They are almost all critical of the way that we've played, not without some justification, and really only say the things that we say. They wouldn't be so critical of the Smurfs though. If they had an average game and still won they'd be saying that it was the mark of a great team.

25 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The Fox team are pretty protective of Bambi, almost never criticise (apart from Bozza). They are almost all critical of the way that we've played, not without some justification, and really only say the things that we say. They wouldn't be so critical of the Smurfs though. If they had an average game and still won they'd be saying that it was the mark of a great team.

They never bag their mates

Why has no one at fox Sports said anything about Okon? They havnt won a game in 2 months 

• Like 2

Better get used to it. No-one except City supporters is going to be enthusiastic about our club. Whatever we do, now and into the future, will never be enough for many people out there. In the end, the resentment is all to do with us being owned by a multi-billionaire from the UAE.

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Better get used to it. No-one except City supporters is going to be enthusiastic about our club. Whatever we do, now and into the future, will never be enough for many people out there. In the end, the resentment is all to do with us being owned by a multi-billionaire from the UAE.

That, and us not being based in Sydney. SFC have the full support of the football media if the smurfs were owned by CFG