Melbourne Football

RD 19 V Brisbane 7pm Sunday 4th Feb Away

Dylan

1 hour ago, Thrillhouse said:

gonna embarrass ourselves again 

I don't see why. Schenkeveld will return to the centre of defence, and the only question mark is Muscat at RB. Brattan and Malik will be the midfield. Arzani, Vidosic and Budzinski will be up front, with the only question mark there being who will join them. Either Mauk or Fitzgerald I would think.

Our form is reasonable - we have more points (11) over the past 5 matches than any other club, meaning we've improved our relative position with respect to all of them.

Yes we'll miss McCormack, but I don't see that as insurmountable.

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't see why. Schenkeveld will return to the centre of defence, and the only question mark is Muscat at RB. Brattan and Malik will be the midfield. Arzani, Vidosic and Budzinski will be up front, with the only question mark there being who will join them. Either Mauk or Fitzgerald I would think.

Our form is reasonable - we have more points (11) over the past 5 matches than any other club, meaning we've improved our relative position with respect to all of them.

Yes we'll miss McCormack, but I don't see that as insurmountable.

club hasn't changed, we thought we were going to pummel them last time up there and the dirty malaka somehow scored 2 and we completely handed the game to them
it's easier to lower expectations  

Dario and Budz both rotated through the striker spots against Adelaide and it resulted in 4 goals from them (although admittedly, Dario's came after Ross was on the pitch).

I'd be fine with us giving that system another go.

Edited by Embee

2 hours ago, Embee said:

Dario and Budz both rotated through the striker spots against Adelaide and it resulted in 4 goals from them (although admittedly, Dario's came after Ross was on the pitch).

I'd be fine with us giving that system another go.

Rotate Azarni and Dario as strikers and leave Bud in his natural CAM position to set up plays and do some damage.

I actually think we will go 3 at the back, with Bart, delbridge and Jakobsen 

Ahead of that, I have no idea how we will line up

The 11 will be. Bouzanis, Jamieson, Delbridge, Schenkeveld, Malik, Vidosic, Mauk, Arzani, Jakobsen, Brattan, Budzinski

But not sure how it all fits 

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 4. Harrison Delbridge, 5.Bart Schenkeveld, 6.Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 10.Dario Vidosic, 11. Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan Mauk, 14.Daniel Arzani, 15.Denis Genreau, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 34.Connor Metcalfe, 35.Ramy Najjarine

Ins: 5.Bart Schenkeveld (returns from suspension), 15. Denis Genreau (promoted), 34. Connor Metcalfe (promoted), 35. Ramy Najjarine (promoted)

Outs: 21. Ruon Tongyik (omitted), 44. Ross McCormack (loan period concluded)

Unavailable: 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle), 37. Nathaniel Atkinson (ankle)

Bouzanis

Muscat   Schenkeveld     Jakobsen    Jamieson

Malik                Brattan

Vidosic

Arzani                      Budzinski          Fitzgerald

SUBS : Galekovic Delbridge Mauk Kamau Genreau

No idea which of the youth boys takes the final spot tbh. Chance we could go three at the back to fit Vanilla Ice in, but i think its prob a back 4.

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 4. Harrison Delbridge, 5.Bart Schenkeveld, 6.Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 10.Dario Vidosic, 11. Bruce Kamau, 13. Stefan Mauk, 14.Daniel Arzani, 15.Denis Genreau, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 34.Connor Metcalfe, 35.Ramy Najjarine

Ins: 5.Bart Schenkeveld (returns from suspension), 15. Denis Genreau (promoted), 34. Connor Metcalfe (promoted), 35. Ramy Najjarine (promoted)

Outs: 21. Ruon Tongyik (omitted), 44. Ross McCormack (loan period concluded)

Unavailable: 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle), 37. Nathaniel Atkinson (ankle)

Bouzanis

Muscat   Schenkeveld     Jakobsen    Jamieson

Vidosic

SUBS : Galekovic Delbridge Mauk Kamau Genreau

No idea which of the youth boys takes the final spot tbh. Chance we could go three at the back to fit Vanilla Ice in, but i think its prob a back 4.

That's likely how we'll line up, but I'd do this:

Bouzanis

Schenkeveld   Robocop     Jakobsen    Jamieson

Vidosic

12 minutes ago, Embee said:

Bouzanis

Schenkeveld   Robocop     Jakobsen    Jamieson

Vidosic

Id do the same, dont think it will happen though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Embee said:

Bouzanis

Schenkeveld   Dolph Lundgren     Jakobsen    Jamieson

Vidosic

My guess is Mauk will start instead of Fitzy again. Mauk is there to cover Arzani, who doesn't defend.

Both Newy goals last week were attributable to Arzani letting his man go and Wazza was going off. 

(I recommend everyone sit behind Wazza, its entertaining and illuminating)

On 1/31/2018 at 7:12 AM, HeartOfCity said:

Expect a stadium that is way to big for the crowd, next to no atmosphere because of that, dont bother looking at you seat number on the ticket and no hostilities from any Roar fans. 

Perhaps before...

But now "The Den" want vengeance.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:13 AM, HeartFc said:

Awesome, so thats 3 away fans confirmed. Shoot gun Capo.

The lad is well up for this and being only 4 should be able to sneak into the Den for any banner stealing that is required.

We were considering sitting in the "away fans" area, but on my only previous visit to Suncorp noted that a GA ticket literally gets you in the door and you can sit wherever you like.

Might find a spot on the wing in the centre of the park unless there are a few sitting together up the southern end and we might come over to say hi and abuse Bouzanis.

49 minutes ago, cadete said:

Perhaps before...

But now "The Den" want vengeance.

Must say I was surprised how up for it the Den were last time I went to scope out Suncorp prior to moving up in December.

Mind you when Adelaide went bang bang it got pretty empty sharpish lol

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the "rebel Play football" label attached to Round 19?

Some more gimmicks to each round, no different to Star Wars, or 'Spanish' Rounds

Soon enough we will have Pet Round and LGBT Round

Image result for LGBT Luigi
Edited by haz
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the "rebel Play football" label attached to Round 19?

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Some more gimmicks to each round, no different to Star Wars, or 'Spanish' Rounds

Soon enough we will have Pet Round and LGBT Round

Image result for LGBT Luigi

True, but it's actually based on encouraging kids to register for their local club so I actually like this one

5 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

True, but it's actually based on encouraging kids to register for their local club so I actually like this one

I know I'm out of touch, but I still don't get the "rebel" with a lower-case "r." Something to do with Rebel Sports?

25 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Ah, I see. My mistake, legit thought it was some sort of dress up again. Wasnt there another 'Play Football' round earlier in the season?

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I know I'm out of touch, but I still don't get the "rebel" with a lower-case "r." Something to do with Rebel Sports?

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/rebel-play-football-round-encourage-engagement-football

No where in the article says 'Rebel Sports' but the logo on the shirts is the Rebel Sport one

Edited by haz

Bad news @malloy, will be going on my hike on Saturday now. Which means on Sunday Ill be in front of my laptop with my City shirt on watching Aloisi beating his chest yelling "Champions" after Bouzanis throws it into the back of Malik, then Muscat miss-kicks the ball into our own net to draw 1-1 in the last minute of the game. 

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, haz said:

Bad news @malloy, will be going on my hike on Saturday now. Which means on Sunday Ill be in front of my laptop with my City shirt on watching Aloisi beating his chest yelling "Champions" after Bouzanis throws it into the back of Malik, then Muscat miss-kicks the ball into our own net to draw 1-1 in the last minute of the game. 

With any luck you might get lost or better still find some you bavarian frauline that could distract for maybe 90 minutes plus stoppage time.