Melbourne Football

The Melbourne Heart Thread

Forever City

1 minute ago, Forever City said:

Why? Heart game me many great memories and it's the reason I support City to this day.

Reminiscing usually involves a bit of gap. Melbourne heart still feels like a few months ago. If you squint your eyes really hard you can still see the same shitness on any given gameday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Reminiscing usually involves a bit of gap. Melbourne heart still feels like a few months ago. If you squint your eyes really hard you can still see the same shitness on any given gameday. 

You have a point but the Heart era is well gone many things have changed. Even though it's been 3 years why not look back?

Edited by Forever City

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Reminiscing about 3 years ago is nonsense. 

/thread.

Let it run - for a while at least.

Red and white stripes for me. Despite all its faults it was "our club" and support came from the heart (no pun). Now it's just part of a global corporation, and support comes only from loyalty.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Let it run - for a while at least.

Red and white stripes for me. Despite all it's faults it was "our club" and support came from the heart (no pun). Now it's just part of a global corporation, and support comes only from loyalty.

Spot on, just thought the fourm needed a general thread for the Heart days.

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It appears a doctor has terminated a pregnancy and not cleaned the teeshirt on the left. The right, unsure. 

I think its a sliding doors pic? The shirt on the right represents what would have happened had the pregnancy not been aborted.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

Refers to the AXF Property Group controlled by Richard Mingfeng Gu. I don't known whether they were ever a sponsor, but they certainly did have a presence at AAMI Park during the Heart years - probably S3 and S4? A large group of Chinese supporters from the Group occupied quite a few seats in the south-east corner of the stadium for a while, but IIRC interest faded after the takeover. See http://www.axfgroup.com.au/2014/community.php For some reason AXF called the club "Melbourne Hearts."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It appears a doctor has terminated a pregnancy and not cleaned the teeshirt on the left. The right, unsure. 

Someone needs to buy this and have it as a forfeit for one of the Talking City boys. Some sort of segment that the loser has to wear it to the next home game

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...