• Budzinksi
    • Vidosic
    • Arzani
    • Fitzy
    • McCormack
    • Mauk
    • Muscat
    • Waz

You muppets do realise Fitzy setup goals two and three don;t you?

Seriously, the team finally plays decently because wingers are playing on the wing and centrally we had some ball players for a change and yet you still have to bag someone.

As soon as Garrucio came on Wazza switched Fitz and Arzani because Fitz defends and Arzani doesn't. He is an important cog in what can be a very impressive machine. I am excited for what this squad can do. I think we should ban this spud thread when we win.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

You muppets do realise Fitzy setup goals two and three don;t you?

Seriously, the team finally plays decently because wingers are playing on the wing and centrally we had some ball players for a change and yet you still have to bag someone.

As soon as Garrucio came on Wazza switched Fitz and Arzani because Fitz defends and Arzani doesn't. He is an important cog in what can be a very impressive machine. I am excited for what this squad can do. I think we should ban this spud thread when we win.

Criticism of Fitzgerald totally misplaced. He's been a part of many of the attacking moves this season that have lead to goals.

No spud for me. 

Fitzy just seems to be trying a bit too hard but he still set up two goals & looked relatively dangerous throughout. Can understand the criticism regarding his finishing but find it strange how quickly some turn on a player that loses a bit of a form/confidence, especially considering how dominant he was for us the first half of the season. 

9 minutes ago, LB said:

No spud for me. 

Fitzy just seems to be trying a bit too hard but he still set up two goals & looked relatively dangerous throughout. Can understand the criticism regarding his finishing but find it strange how quickly some turn on a player that loses a bit of a form/confidence, especially considering how dominant he was for us the first half of the season. 

I think its a response to people that consistently overrate his performance tbh. There are some in our fan base that think he's motm worthy every week, despite whatever his actual performance is like.
The anti Malik if you like.

• Like 2

Hold on. Isn't this whole thread about individual performances? All that's being done here is a player is being rated objectively without connection to the end result. I don't see a problem with it and if there isn't a reason to vote for someone then simply don't vote. Of course he made some great contributions in parts of the game too. I felt irrespective of the result that Fitzys performance was below average given his role and did deserve a vote. 

3 hours ago, malloy said:

In future can you put a no-one option?

Yea good idea, I was including the total votes in the poll as like a sort of 'multiplier'. So if only 10 people vote, and Fitzy had the most with 4. It would not be as bad if there were 50 votes and Fitzy won with 20 (same %).

If I remember Ill include it next round, knowing us though it will be the worse game of the season :ph34r:

The amount of criticism on Fitzy is harsh IMO. Assisted vidosic for his first goal and provided the secondary assist (a great cross) for Budzinski's goal. Looking at it objectively, Fitzgerald was involved in more goals than Arzani.

I reckon Fitzgerald gets a disproportionate amount of criticism simply because he hasn't scored yet this season. That's unfair IMO, given how many attacking build-ups he's been in that have resulted in goals this season.

Perhaps because of his lack of goals Fitzy will fall out of the starting XI. But I'd say that's because we have huge competition for the attacking spots ATM with McCormack, Vidosic, Budzinski and Arzani in strong form. I see Fitzy playing a valuable role as our next attacking option, kind of the 12th player in the team. Out of our second tier of attacking players--Fitzy, Kamau, Mauk, youth players--Fitzy is a pretty decent and reliable attacker.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

The amount of criticism on Fitzy is harsh IMO. Assisted vidosic for his first goal and provided the secondary assist (a great cross) for Budzinski's goal. Looking at it objectively, Fitzgerald was involved in more goals than Arzani.

I reckon Fitzgerald gets a disproportionate amount of criticism simply because he hasn't scored yet this season. That's unfair IMO, given how many attacking build-ups he's been in that have resulted in goals this season.

Perhaps because of his lack of goals Fitzy will fall out of the starting XI. But I'd say that's because we have huge competition for the attacking spots ATM with McCormack, Vidosic, Budzinski and Arzani in strong form. I see Fitzy playing a valuable role as our next attacking option, kind of the 12th player in the team. Out of our second tier of attacking players--Fitzy, Kamau, Mauk, youth players--Fitzy is a pretty decent and reliable attacker.

Murf you need to post less, I run out of likes too quickly :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MXG said:

Fitzy had a good game. Always available. Paired great with Jamo. Atkinson struggled with Arzani.

Actually, I thought that it was Arzani who struggled with Atkinson - he kept drifting infield when the better option was to stay wide. Happened quite a few times in the first half. Possibly one of the "habits" that Joyce referred to?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Actually, I thought that it was Arzani who struggled with Atkinson - he kept drifting infield when the better option was to stay wide. Happened quite a few times in the first half. Possibly one of the "habits" that Joyce referred to?

Absolutely right. I probably expressed myself incorrectly. I meant that it was difficult for Atkinson who was solid to play with Arzani who was improvising all the time.

My thoughts exactly with regards to Joyce remark about "bad habits". :)

• Like 1