Melbourne Football

Rd 17 vs Adelaide@AAMI - 21/1 7PM

neio

Thoroughly enjoyed that game. A shame the crowd was only 8103 but then again the crowds have dropped across the board this season. Just proves FFA is so out of touch with the A-league. Would be good if everyone can try and bring someone to the game this Thursday and use those free tickets you get with the membership. I'm bringing a work colleague who is a MV fan :ph34r: 

36 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that game. A shame the crowd was only 8103 but then again the crowds have dropped across the board this season. Just proves FFA is so out of touch with the A-league. Would be good if everyone can try and bring someone to the game this Thursday and use those free tickets you get with the membership. I'm bringing a work colleague who is a MV fan :ph34r: 

Crowds have dropped across the League but interestingly they haven't dropped as much as BBL crowds, that just doesn't get publicised. It'll be interesting to see how the tennis crowds go

7 hours ago, Shahanga said:

It’s not just the shot either. You have to get yourself in the right place to get the ball. The only people who think that’s easy have never played upfront. 

That first one may have gone in without the deflection- on target and hit hard. The second yeah you’ve summed it up nicely 

Exactly this. 

FFS seriously some of the comments here are ridiculous.

I will give you the match summary in a nutshell.

Attacker's job is to score goals; did they score goals? YES

Midfield's job is to create opportunities for attackers and help in defence. Did they do that? YES

Defender's job is to stop the opposition scoring. Did they do that? YES

So did we dominant the game?

YES because we won 5-0

And just so people realise....

A 5-0 scoreline is an absolute thrashing, and an annihilation of the opposition.

FFS,  just enjoy the win

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Comprehensive win although they had two one on one. Bud scored when game was still alive.

Watching the replay at lunch, that first one on one was a blatant foul on Jakobsen. I agree with @thisphantomfortress's summation at the game that Stamatopolous hit it a bit flippantly because he fully expected to hear the whistle.

3 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Crowds have dropped across the League but interestingly they haven't dropped as much as BBL crowds, that just doesn't get publicised. It'll be interesting to see how the tennis crowds go

Tennis crowds have broken records for 4 of the 7 days so far and are on track for a record attendance 

4 hours ago, belaguttman said:

So far there really isn't much change for City. Our eight non-Derby crowds have averaged 8,064. Last season's average was 8,580.

55 minutes ago, playmaker said:

No,

2-0 is a comprehensive win

5-0 is a pumbling or in other words 'beating the crap out of a team'

As someone who has watched a lot of football, it was probably the luckiest 5-0 win I've ever seen

We had budz do his best Koren debut impression and  get lucky to score two goals, as well as Vidosic and Ross hitting some absolute flukes 

Still a lot to work on and we're not as good as we think we are, sorry to rain on everybody's parade.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

As someone who has watched a lot of football, it was probably the luckiest 5-0 win I've ever seen

We had budz do his best Koren debut impression and  get lucky to score two goals, as well as Vidosic and Ross hitting some absolute flukes 

Still a lot to work on and we're not as good as we think we are, sorry to rain on everybody's parade.

Sorry I didn't get that....

Who did we play again?

Oh yeah Adelaide.

What was the score again?

Oh yeah 5-0

That's an absolute pumbling in any part of the world.

You can tip it upside down, shake it side to side and look at it from every angle, but in this game we gave them a football lesson.

A complete performance and complete dominance.

25 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Who did we play again?

Oh yeah Adelaide.

Oh yeah 5-0

You can tip it upside down, shake it side to side and look at it from every angle, but in this game we gave them a football lesson.

Exactly right, who did we play?

The biggest bunch of pretenders in the league so far this season

How did we score our goals?

From two lucky deflections, and 3 bullshit strikes. We should've been down 1-0 btw after Jakobsens error.

It was a complete luckfest, fmd if only JA had the same level of luck, roarcelona would be killing the league atm.

I have to ruin the party sometimes because this form is too positive and we need to be real and focus on the negatives for a change.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Exactly right, who did we play?

The biggest bunch of pretenders in the league so far this season

How did we score our goals?

From two lucky deflections, and 3 bullshit strikes. We should've been down 1-0 btw after Jakobsens error.

It was a complete luckfest, fmd if only JA had the same level of luck, roarcelona would be killing the league atm.

I have to ruin the party sometimes because this form is too positive and we need to be real and focus on the negatives for a change.

Hey guess what.....

videotogif_2018_01.22_23_48_08.gif.a8c293439ff2a80e357177547d7d2dc7.gif          

Edited by playmaker
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, playmaker said:

Who did we play again?

Oh yeah Adelaide.

Oh yeah 5-0

So a comprehensive win?