Melbourne Football

Oliver Bozanic

kingofhearts

24 minutes ago, rass said:

How do you know we won't sign a striker as well?

Precisely. Why would we have been in talks with Omar Eddahri if we had no interest in signing a striker? We're still below the allowable number of players, and provided there's cap room I think we will sign further players. We're short of decent forwards and I think that's where we'll make at least one addition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

I'm really concerned about both fullbacks. Jamieson was poor and Muscat/Delbridge well lets just not go there. If we are relying on Pierias or Atkinson then thats a huge risk. 

Maybe bring La Rocca back and shift Jako to lb and give Jamo a rest.

Jamo will be fine against other opposition and I don't see risking moving Jakobsen out of position being worth the risk. The problem for me is in the right, where Atkinson was beginning to look more comfortable, but in contrast Muscat is beginning to look a little creaky, and too often concedes fouls. I would have a look at Pierias albeit with no assumptions about whether he is the answer.

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

I'm really concerned about both fullbacks. Jamieson was poor and Muscat/Delbridge well lets just not go there. If we are relying on Pierias or Atkinson then thats a huge risk. 

I think Jamo is a quality fullback and is capable. He did have a shocker on Saturday, perhaps was culpable for our first goal with his positioning and lack of forward attacking ability. But he's been fairly solid so far besides that. 

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

My work colleague watched the game on Foxtel. He was saying that Jamo was holding his knee. Perhaps he wasn't 100% hence the poor game?

3 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

He definitely copped a knock and was not himself afterwards.  He also seemed intimidated by the bald polish dude, who got in his face after he scored with his bicep flex ... seriously, I cant stand that celebration, someone should throw an air punch at him when he does to make him flinch ... that would be priceless

Fukn twat - was celebrating his miskick goal like it was the greatest piece of skill ever. Didn't see him flexing when the teenager Arzani beat him 1v1 more than once in the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

He definitely copped a knock and was not himself afterwards.  He also seemed intimidated by the bald polish dude, who got in his face after he scored with his bicep flex ... seriously, I cant stand that celebration, someone should throw an air punch at him when he does to make him flinch ... that would be priceless

After the game he made an apology to Jamo during his interview but said that it was a response to what Jamo said prior to it to someone on the Sydney team. 

On 2/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, n i k o said:

After the game he made an apology to Jamo during his interview but said that it was a response to what Jamo said prior to it to someone on the Sydney team. 

But what was said had NOTHING to do with him so why try to hurt an opposition player after the fact,  that to me is just being vindictive  AND STUPID but then maybe he is.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Great news. Was a squad player at best who probably commands a fair chunk of the cap living off his performances while he was at the Mariners. Frustrated the shit out of me with his laziness  last season, don't think I've seen a bloke who's chasing a contract put in so little effort while on the park before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I don't know whether that says more about the relative quality of the A League, or the lack of it in Scottish football... 

Outside of Celtic, Scottish football is awful.

Bozanic will probably be one of the better midfielders in a league of that quality.

10 hours ago, malloy said:

Not fazed that we aren't renewing, but I thought he was solid enough for us.

Yeah, agree. He was better than I expected him to be, given the injury to Malik immediately after he joined it turned out to be a relatively savvy signing. Not sad to see him go though.