Melbourne Football

Oliver Bozanic

kingofhearts

2 minutes ago, IssySG said:

IMO, I feel like Bozanic was always a bit forgettable in City games. I'd see him do some nices passes here and there but there are large chunks of games I'd forget he was on the pitch.

But that doesn't mean that he wasn't doing the job he was out there for, does it? My feelings about him are pretty much those of @Embee and that he did the job he was asked to do and didn't make any catastrophic mistakes that cost us games.  Show ponies are fine but it's a team game. As long as we're replacing him with an equal or better then it's OK that he's gone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IssySG said:

I didn't say he wasn't doing his job? I meant it more in the sense I never felt like he had the sort of influence on a game that I would want someone who played his position to have.

I wasn't disagreeing with your view - it was a rhetorical question. Poor wording on my part.

38 minutes ago, IssySG said:

I didn't say he wasn't doing his job? I meant it more in the sense I never felt like he had the sort of influence on a game that I would want someone who played his position to have.

Bozanic isn't really that sort of player though.

He's what some would call a 'water-carrier'. Runs around, gets stuck in, wins the ball and moves it on. He's still suffering a little from the marquee spot that Tards wasted on him, he's not a game changing kind of player and them using that spot on him is the first place was surprising.

• Like 1