Melbourne Football

City vs Glory, Tuesday 9th January 10pm

kingofhearts

3 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Fuck Perth and the fact they're so far away, such a shit klick off time.Who thought a 10pm tuesday game was a good idea lol

Tuesday night, 10pm, the best time to televise a Warren Joyce coached team. There's been enough damage done to the A-League already without exposing potential fans to our 'beautiful football'. We played WSW into form last week, we'll help Perth rediscover their mojo on Tuesday. We've won there once in 8 seasons, I can't see that changing, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Good test to see how we can back up. 

Expect Timmy to get some good game time in this one ... oh hold on, he left to get more game time elsewhere, didn’t he?  ... by that he must mean driving the tractor at a hobby farm in Byron Bay.

In all seriousness, will be interesting to see if we do attack more earnestly. Fitzy should start on the bench, Ross may need a spell so hopefully Bud gets a go and can form an understanding with Dario. Fitzy and Ross off the bench if needed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd start Rossco tbh and see how he goes, although if the gaffer thinks he's not up for 90 then adjust so accordingly.

Bouzanis

Atkinson       Bart               Jako       Jamo

Malik           Brattan

Carrusca 

Arzani                     Ross                Vidosic

SUBS : Galekovic  Muscat  Budzinski    Delbridge  Fitzgerald

Wouldnt be surprised if Delbridge starts and one of Jako or Malik is given a spell tho tbh.

• Like 2

What I'm looking forward to this game....

...is seeing Arzani start. This will be a better indicator of his level, as it's always much easier to come on as a sub and make an impact.

....seeing Vidosic in that number 10 role again. He prob played a but conservatively being his first game but got into some really good areas

....Brattan to continue his performance against Perth

....Wazza to continue using his sub 

What im not looking forward to....

...is Muscat to continue to be selected ahead of Atkinson at right back. Muscat has been a bit of a whipping boy at times when he has actually performed OK, which I don't agree with. But as a result for this very reason has also been protected way too much. I watched him closely on the replay and he was nothing short of ordinary, sometimes bordering on terrible. Besides a few good runs in on the wing there was one stage where I counted 5 misplaced passes in a row. 

...add Jameison to that as well, who has been even worse than Muscat IMO with his ball distribution. He's slid under the radar a bit but I've noticed since from prob around round 5 for whatever reason he will misplace the most basic of passes. 

...our tendency to lose in Perth regardless of form

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'd start Rossco tbh and see how he goes, although if the gaffer thinks he's not up for 90 then adjust so accordingly.

Bouzanis

Atkinson       Bart               Jako       Jamo

Malik           Brattan

Carrusca 

Arzani                     Ross                Vidosic

SUBS : Galekovic  Muscat  Budzinski    Delbridge  Fitzgerald

Wouldnt be surprised if Delbridge starts and one of Jako or Malik is given a spell tho tbh.

Only change I'd make there is switch Arzani and Vidosic

Fitzy to drop to the bench (currently out of form). Arzani to come in.

Carrusca shouldn't start. Not surprisingly his touch looked a little off. 

Is there anyone who can play Jamieson's spot? He was definitely average at best on Saturday. Muscat or Delbridge at RB. 

Every single player should be on notice but i doubt Joyce will change it up that much. But hopefully now he will be more willing to fully use his bench as he sees genuine opportunity (and the talent) to change a game.

The 4 players who I would imagine may miss due to short turn around are Atkinson, Jakobsen, Mccormack and vidosic

Assuming everyone is fit, I'd probably give Atkinson the game off anyway and go with

Bouzanis

Delbridge.   Schenkeveld. Jakobsen. Jamieson

Malik

Budzinski.    Brattan

Arzani.              Mccormack.       Vidosic

Galekovic, LaRocca, Carrusca, Fitzgerald, Kilkenny 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

The 4 players who I would imagine may miss due to short turn around are Atkinson, Jakobsen, Mccormack and vidosic

Assuming everyone is fit, I'd probably give Atkinson the game off anyway and go with

Bouzanis

Delbridge.   Schenkeveld. Jakobsen. Jamieson

Malik

Budzinski.    Brattan

Arzani.              Mccormack.       Vidosic

Galekovic, LaRocca, Carrusca, Fitzgerald, Kilkenny 

Id like to see something like this, but knowing Waz the differences will be:

-Muscat at RB

-Vidosic for Budzik

-Fitzy on the Wing

14 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Bouzanis

Delbridge. Schenka. Jako.  Jamo

Kilkenny. Brattan

Carusca

Arzani.         Budzinski        Vidosic

Dropping our top and (pretty much) our only goal scorer?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Bouzanis

Delbridge. Schenka. Jako.  Jamo

Kilkenny. Brattan

Carusca

Arzani.                Budzinski     Vidosic

Im all ears...

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Dropping our top and (pretty much) our only goal scorer?

42 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Im all ears...

32 year old with a dodgy achilles shouldn't be playing with only a 3 day break especially since Perth is not the softest ground. Ross is too valuable to take the risk.

TBH I would probably rest Jakobsen and Jamieson as well and play a back 4 of

Muscat.  Bart .  La Rocca.   Delbridge 

10 minutes ago, playmaker said:

32 year old with a dodgy achilles shouldn't be playing with only a 3 day break especially since Perth is not the softest ground. Ross is too valuable to take the risk.

Hes been playing in the Championship most of his career, I think he can handle the turn around

• Like 1

9 hours ago, playmaker said:

Isn’t Delbridge a left footer?

9 hours ago, haz said:

Hes been playing in the Championship most of his career, I think he can handle the turn around

He’ll play if he can, but it’s not just the Achilles it’s the knee as well. Wazza was saying he wasn’t training much.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him start off the bench. If that happens Vidosic has to start up front.

GAME DAY

FIRE UP FARKIN

Prediction: Perth to find some form and grind out a draw result. Our poor form in Perth will continue and tonight will be no exception. Castro to run menace.

Hoping: continuation of the other night. Arzani and McCormack to link up well. Delbridge to get a start. Vidosic to dictate play. Jacobsen at CB again because F La Rocca. Dare I say it - Budzinski and Kilkenny to both get an opportunity to show they are deserving of selection and to dominate (will not happen). 

Well im hopeful of a result, purely because we are well and truly due over there. Statistically speaking, this run has got to end soon.

As far as fire in the belly goes, if the Glory couldnt get off the canvas after a 6-0, then i doubt a 3-0 to Adelaide is going to make too much difference.

Just now, bt50 said:

Well im hopeful of a result, purely because we are well and truly due over there. Statistically speaking, this run has got to end soon.

As far as fire in the belly goes, if the Glory couldnt get off the canvas after a 6-0, then i doubt a 3-0 to Adelaide is going to make too much difference.

It is going to come down to how Joyce plays his cards. I dont think we can rely on Arzani to be subbed on and create goals from latter third of the game. I think if we are going to have a shot at winning it will mean going into the sheds in a good position and then continuing to dominate possession and play after the break. 

Just now, JMSTEP123 said:

It is going to come down to how Joyce plays his cards. I dont think we can rely on Arzani to be subbed on and create goals from latter third of the game. I think if we are going to have a shot at winning it will mean going into the sheds in a good position and then continuing to dominate possession and play after the break. 

I reckon Arzani is all but certain to start after yesterday's presser, and given we have another game Sunday. 
IMO if we play normally we'll be fine, but for some reason when we play Perth we seem to get Menieres disease so who knows.

Yes it's funny, managers can change, players change, even the club name and colours change. But the stats for some reason continue to repeat themselves. Always struggled over there and based on the fact that we have been following the usual pattern of results the last few games I don't think chances are on our side today. But geez a bloody win would be helpful. 

Just now, n i k o said:

Yes it's funny, managers can change, players change, even the club name and colours change. But the stats for some reason continue to repeat themselves. Always struggled over there and based on the fact that we have been following the usual pattern of results the last few games I don't think chances are on our side today. But geez a bloody win would be helpful. 

4 points from our trips to perth and gosford would do wonders for us imo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davy21 said:

I have been talking to Neil a little bit through instagram to find out whats going, doesn't sound like he's very happy with his current situation.

His instagram story shows he is still in Melbourne so he is not playing tonight

In waiting for the announcement of his release and new club.