Melbourne Football

City vs Glory, Tuesday 9th January 10pm

kingofhearts

2 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Any more details?

Not sure how much I can say, to paraphrase he seems to love the club and wants to be here, but he also thinks that the current manager wont play him. 

Doesn't sound positive, he doesn't want to move, but from what I understand feels he might have to, because he just wants to play football

6 minutes ago, Davy21 said:

Not sure how much I can say, to paraphrase he seems to love the club and wants to be here, but he also thinks that the current manager wont play him. 

Doesn't sound positive, he doesn't want to move, but from what I understand feels he might have to, because he just wants to play football

Not quite sure what to make of this. Half-way though the season, what assurance is he going to get that he will play if he moves? Not all the 23 members of an A-League squad get to play every match. Part of being a professional footballer is that you may not play regularly.

40 minutes ago, Davy21 said:

Thanks mate. Feel for the bloke. Deserving of a shot. Been a fan of him since I watched his debut at Port Melbourne just after he joined the club.

Edited by JMSTEP123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Not quite sure what to make of this. Half-way though the season, what assurance is he going to get that he will play if he moves? Not all the 23 members of an A-League squad get to play every match. Part of being a professional footballer is that you may not play regularly.

It seems pretty apparent that he is being frozen out, even more so when you consider that Jako and Malik were/are playing in his position. If he was getting some game then he would arguably be able to force his way into a starting berth. 

22 minutes ago, malloy said:

It seems pretty apparent that he is being frozen out, even more so when you consider that Jako and Malik were/are playing in his position. If he was getting some game then he would arguably be able to force his way into a starting berth. 

Kilkenny hasn't played since the 24th of November (when he was subbed on late for 11 minutes [he's played 70 minutes total this season]).

Given that we're playing a game 72 hours after Saturday's match, It's pretty remarkable that Kilkenny isn't even around the bench for this game. It does look like he is being frozen out, hence there seems to be nothing he could do to force his way back in.

The current situation doesn't seem to be helping Kilkenny professionally much at all.

Edited by Murfy1

Would love to know the exact reason from Waz why Kilkenny is being frozen out, I would think he would be one of the most hardest working at training. It must be mouth?

Waz is forming a typical dictator mentality, any one that questions him or could aquire more power will be sent to the dogs.... or in our case, forced out or frozen from the squad.

31 minutes ago, haz said:

Would love to know the exact reason from Waz why Kilkenny is being frozen out, I would think he would be one of the most hardest working at training. It must be mouth?

Waz is forming a typical dictator mentality, any one that questions him or could aquire more power will be sent to the dogs.... or in our case, forced out or frozen from the squad.

Lol cmon Haz, noone here knows whether thats even remotely true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Being the best Australian midfielder in the a League would make it close to a guarantee surely?

Just now, haz said:

The most outspoken players/coaches are the ones who have walked so far

Doesnt mean those players are a) right, b ) any chance of acquiring more power or c) walking (or not being selected)for the reason the wider fan base thinks. 

I'm not defending Joyce here, just saying that we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and why and to suggest we do know is probably a bit unfair to either party.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Doesnt mean those players are a) right, b ) any chance of acquiring more power or c) walking (or not being selected)for the reason the wider fan base thinks. 

I'm not defending Joyce here, just saying that we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes and why and to suggest we do know is probably a bit unfair to either party.

Of course its all speculation. TBH the reason why I have still left luggage on the #WazIn train after boarding the #WazOut express connection is that I like his hard nut disipline attitude. I just hope it doesn't become too much.

18 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Ha ha, so who are you referring to? 

Valkanis, Cahill.  Dont know what Kilkenny is at training but on the pitch hes quite commanding

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The best leadership is one that empowers players to work within a shared vision, the skill is in selling the vision and finding the individual motivating factors for each player in the team. 

Just wanted to add that there are managers that are threatened by staff who ‘speak’ up and then there are managers that have the self confidence and belief to manage so called ‘difficult’ players to the betterment of the team. I just wonder which of these two management types Joyce best represents?

Skill wise Kilkenny would just about walk into any other HAL side yet we seem to be freezing him out. I hope this is the correct strategy.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 2

Bouzanis  

Delbridge.  Bort.   Jako.    Jamieson

.         Malik.    Brattan 

Vidosic

Atkinson.   Ross.        Arzani

Close to my ideal starting eleven. Excited. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Bouzanis  

Delbridge.  Bort.   Jako.    Jamieson

.         Malik.    Brattan 

Vidosic

Atkinson.   Ross.        Arzani

Close to my ideal starting eleven. Excited. 

Yep. Could even be a 3-4-3 tbh.

Bouzanis  

Delbridge.  Bort.   Jako. 

Atkinson   Malik.    Brattan  Jamieson

Vidosic     Ross.        Arzani

They clearly rate Robocop very highly. Keen to see him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Bouzanis  

Could very well be. Edited: It's Waz, no chance 3 at the back. 

Edited by n i k o

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Bouzanis  

Would be pretty happy with either this or Niko's team, although I suspect we may see Jako return to the midfield.

Also keen to see Delbridge, personnel wise I reckon he couldn't really have picked a better side atm.

1 hour ago, haz said:

Valkanis, Cahill.  Dont know what Kilkenny is at training but on the pitch hes quite commanding

I dont think both of these people were of any value going forward and if they were major contributors to the cultural problems that Wazza has been placed in charge to fix, then there are always going to be a small percentage of any group of people that will not comply. The situation Wazza has been put in is not an easy one, so ultimately he needs to do what is needed to achieve his objectives (that has been set by CFG). If culling the list is one of them then so be it, but I am sure he is not doing it without going through the correct processes set out by CFG. 

Any player or staff member needs to submit and buy into guidelines given by their employer, to think anything different then they don't belong there

Either they leave or they get shown the door, period.

Just now, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

Can someone please explain to me WHY IN ALL FUCK IS BOUZANIS IN GOAL AGAIN?????? Have we learnt nothing from the past 5 games?? Why does WJ hate galekovic so much???

Can you post the picture?

5 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I dont think both of these people were of any value going forward and if they were major contributors to the cultural problems that Wazza has been placed in charge to fix, then there are always going to be a small percentage of any group of people that will not comply. The situation Wazza has been put in is not an easy one, so ultimately he needs to do what is needed to achieve his objectives (that has been set by CFG). If culling the list is one of them then so be it, but I am sure he is not doing it without going through the correct processes set out by CFG. 

Any player or staff member needs to submit and buy into guidelines given by their employer, to think anything different then they don't belong there

No saying its a bad thing

Just now, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

Can someone please explain to me WHY IN ALL FUCK IS BOUZANIS IN GOAL AGAIN?????? Have we learnt nothing from the past 5 games?? Why does WJ hate galekovic so much???

I'd suggest because he's only made one fuckup, and one questionable one in 5 games?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MICHAEL_MACGYVER said:

Your shit stirring right? Last I checked Galekovic was the best keeper in the league and WJ has him warming the fucking pine for this fucking dumb ass.

Well if youre running a meritocracy and Bouzanis comes in and performs like he did in that Newy game, then you cant really drop him til he deserves it.

Even Euge made a few howlers over his 8 or so games if you recall. Not sure there's that much difference tbh, other than Dean is one of those blokes people like to hate.

15 minutes ago, playmaker said:

It's not about making players compliant, it's about motivating them to actively contribute to the vision.

7 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I’ve legit put $50 on Perth

Perth Glory v Melbourne City
Anytime Goalscorer
Diego Castro @ 3.30

Anytime Goalscorer
Andy Keogh @ 2.88

First Goalscorer
Diego Castro @ 7.00

Perth Glory v Melbourne City
Win-Draw-Win
Perth Glory @ 3.20

Perth Glory v Melbourne City
Handicap Betting
Perth Glory (+1.0) @ 1.62

I went harder than Rosco at a buffet tonight!