Melbourne Football

Round 10 v Perth Glory 4.30 PM @ CFA

luka74

Important game for us this week. With only 3 more matches after today, we need to cement a top 4 spot. I think it would be hard to catch the Roar for top spot, but we need to stay in touch with Sydney and the Jets if we have any hope of finishing top 2 and getting a home final. Will probably see Jodie Taylor start up front. 

Will be my first visit to CFA

Squad :

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Lydia WILLIAMS (gk), 2.Yukari KINGA, 3.Lauren BARNES, 4.Ashley HATCH, 6.Aivi LUIK, 7.Steph CATLEY (C), 9.Larissa CRUMMER, 10.Jess FISHLOCK, 12. Jodie TAYLOR, 11.Rhali DOBSON, 13.Rebekah STOTT, 14.Alanna KENNEDY, 15.Amy JACKSON, 16. Sofia SAKALIS, 17.Kyah SIMON, 19.Tyla-Jay VLAJNIC, 23.Melissa HUDSON (gk)

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 9. Larissa CRUMMER (promoted), 16. Sofia SAKALIS (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 20.Emily SHIELDS (wrist – indefinite)

23 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Victory, Brisbane and Newcastle last three games. Win all of those and they remain a chance for the plate.

That's true, the ladder is actually closer than I realised. All potentially tough games too, but I feel pretty confident after this afternoon's display.  

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Looked like a few hundred there? Not bad considering KO time and what a pain it is for many people to get there.

A little grandstand and a pie-and-coffee cart...?

One of the match reports said over 1000. I'm not a very good judge of crowd sizes but I would not have guessed that many, maybe 600. Still a good size. There's no seating as it is our practice pitch, but it is a good surface so I'm sure the players didn't mind. There was a truck there selling food and drink. It was similar to going to state league game or similar. So probably the best they could do at short notice. Personally I did not mind but it would have sucked if it had rained. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris p said:

I'm no expert on Melbourne geography, but is there any reason why  they dont play these at locations with decent spectator facilities ? 

Game was changed to CFA as it was decided it would too hot to play on Saturday arvo at AAMI before the men. Next game is at Epping stadium against victory.