Melbourne Football

Jw1739 & King of hearts birthday round, 6th January, 7:50 KO

kingofhearts

1 minute ago, kingofhearts said:

Just thought i'd let everyone know that everyones two favorite formies birthdays are next week <3

(Theres also a game of soccer being played by some shit team you might want to see too idk)

I feel sorry for the Shit birthday present City will serve up for you two

10 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Just thought i'd let everyone know that everyones two favorite formies birthdays are next week <3

(Theres also a game of soccer being played by some shit team you might want to see too idk)

That's my birthday present - City vs. Wellington Phoenix.

(No wonder the Forum's a mess - too many Capricorns.)

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Team I would like to see

Galekovic

Atkinson.  Schenkeveld. Jakobsen. Jamieson

Malik. 

Brattan.        Vidosic

Arzani.            McCormack.        Fitzgerald

Team we will see

Bouzanis

Muscat.  Schenkeveld  LaRocca. Jamieson

Malik.       Jakobsen

Brattan

Vidosic.          Mccormack.     Fitzgerald

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, neio said:

Team we will see

Bouzanis

Muscat.  Schenkeveld  LaRocca. Jamieson

Malik.       Jakobsen

Delbridge

Brattan.          Mccormack.     Fitzgerald

Fixed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Galekovic

Atkinson.  Schenkeveld. Jakobsen. Jamieson

Malik. 

Brattan.        Kilkenny

Arzani.            McCormack.        Vidosic

I'd love to see the above. Fitzy has looked off lately and Arzani looks dangerous, give him a chance. Vidosic should come straight in for Kamau and I'd love to see Killa given a chance now but seeing as he'll probably be shipped off that's highly unlikely. In that case I'd play the below:

Galekovic

Muscat.  Schenkeveld. Jakobsen. Jamieson

Malik. 

Brattan.        Vidosic

Atkinson.            McCormack.        Arzani

I'm sure I'll get some stick for bringing Muscat in but Atkinson's looked every bit as dangerous offensively as anyone we've played on the wing, so I'd play him further up the field and stick Muscat at RB for a little extra defensive security.

Edited by Embee

1 minute ago, neio said:

I'm not one to usually comment on crowd size, but with the combination of 41 degrees, the big bash across the road and our extremely watchable game style I am predicting a crowd of about 107 people 

All leaving after the W-League game

• Like 2

Scrap the 4-2-3-1. We don't have the cattle or the coach to implement it successfully. 

GK

Schenkeveld - CB - Jakobsen

Atkinson - Brattan - Malik - Jamieson

Vidosic - Fitzgerald

McCormack

Not sure how good Delbridge is, so probably go with La Rocca at centre back. In a perfect world Kilkenny would be in the centre with Brattan and we'd control a shitload more of the posession and wouldn't constantly be turning the ball over in our final third.

My side:

Fitzgerald.    MCCormack.   Vidosic    

Caruscca  

Brattan FBS.        Kilkenny 

Jamo.     Jacobsen.   Bart.       Atkinson  

Eugene

Bench:

Dean, Delbridge, Kamau, Budzinski, Mauk.

why?

we clearly need to bring in quality and MC, NK & DV do that. I expect MC and DV won’t last the 90 but we’ll get what we can out of them.

Bad luck for Malik, but I’d rather have Carusca in my side, sorry mate.

Of course I expect Wazza to name a similar side to last week, perhaps with the addition of Delbridge and Tongyik for Brattan and Fitzgerald and the return of Manny for Atkinson.

Carrusca trained today and looked good but did not complete the sprints at the end of training. Maybe 1 week more before fully fit. Vidosic also did not complete sprints but looked really good in all other training elements. Killer was totally bossing. WTF he is not in midfield starting XI is mind boggling. Jacobsen or Malik have neither the passing ability or the organisational team command that Killer has. That is part of the issue. Jacobsen an Mailk are so focused on playing in a new position that they will not and cannot give the essential organisation directions that high quality 6 normally provides.  

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, citymad said:

Carrusca trained today and looked good but did not complete the sprints at the end of training. Maybe 1 week more before fully fit. Vidosic also did not complete sprints but looked really good in all other training elements. Killer was totally bossing. WTF he is not in midfield starting XI is mind boggling. Jacobsen or Malik have neither the passing ability or the organisational team command that Killer has. That is part of the issue. Jacobsen an Mailk are so focused on playing in a new position that they will not and cannot give the essential organisation directions that high quality 6 normally provides.  

How is Bud training?

1 hour ago, citymad said:

Good news.

I'm on the bandwagon that it should be Killa, Bratten, Carrusca midfield, that said I think Malik has been much improved.

• Like 1

Galekovic 

Delbridge.    Bart.     Jakobsen      Jamieson 

Killa.           Malik

Vidosic     Budzinski.     Carusca 

Ross

Do it Wazza! Nothing to lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Galekovic 

Delbridge.    Bart.     Jakobsen      Jamieson 

Killa.           Malik

Vidosic     Budzinski.     Carusca 

Ross

Do it Wazza! Nothing to lose.

"And then Playmaker wakes up"

• Like 2

Vidosic is the wild card here, we don't know if Wazza would play him, if he'll start, or if he'll be the only sub, or what his instructions will be. Assuming he'll start on the bench and be brought on late, if at all, I'm predicting another home loss. Remember last time we played Nix, we were outplayed across the park but managed to convert our chance. Our conversion rate is now poor and we are regularly conceding from silly mistakes. We are likely to score but likely to lose 1-2 or 1-3.

Hopefully, there'll be some sort of banner registering our displeasure

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I bet Channel 10 are licking their lips at the prospect of this one

Maybe they'll be lining up some cracker high rating ads so that they get some viewers

3 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Vidosic is the wild card here, we don't know if Wazza would play him, if he'll start, or if he'll be the only sub, or what his instructions will be. Assuming he'll start on the bench and be brought on late, if at all, I'm predicting another home loss. Remember last time we played Nix, we were outplayed across the park but managed to convert our chance. Our conversion rate is now poor and we are regularly conceding from silly mistakes. We are likely to score but likely to lose 1-2 or 1-3.

Hopefully, there'll be some sort of banner registering our displeasure

Maybe they'll be lining up some cracker high rating ads so that they get some viewers

Bloody hell, forgot new signings can play, that means Burns will be playing for the Nix this week, they could definitely nix this one.

4 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Arzani in for Kamau please. The kid was more of a goal threat in his first 5 minutes against WSW than Kamau has been for 2 months...

But can he run? 

I gave credit to Wazza for prioritising hard work, athletisism etc. originally. They're sound arguements for selecting a player that will be able to be competitive and combative (last word I'd associate with Kamau though) throughout 90 minutes of football. But football is also what you do with the ball at your feet. With each passing game the balance of these two seems to be shifting more and more predominantly towards the former rather than the later. 

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean Bouzanis, 2.Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 4.Harrison Delbridge, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6.Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 9.Marcelo Carrusca, 10.Dario Vidosic, 14.Daniel Arzani, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 37.Nathaniel Atkinson, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 2.Manny Muscat (returns from suspension), 4.Harrison Delbridge (new signing), 8.Neil Kilkenny (promoted), 9.Marcelo Carrusca (promoted), 10.Dario Vidosic (new signing)

Outs: 11.Bruce Kamau (international duty), 13. Stefan Mauk (international duty), 21.Ruon Tongyik (international duty)

Unavailable: 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle)