Melbourne Football

Bring back JVS

AlexJones

17 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Honestly I can accept the banter but JVS’ PEC Zwolle are actually doing really well. 4th in their league with 18 matches played, behind only Ajax, Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar

Which begs the question - do we need overseas coaches? They don't appear to be that successful in an Australian setting like teh A-League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Also bring back maycon,  and the free WiFi at Aami park. 

Also,  does anyone know where the sausage stand has been during this season? Haven't been able to find it anywhere :'(

Was there a sausage stand...im sick of the shitty chicken strips and wierd potato looking chips

46 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Which begs the question - do we need overseas coaches? They don't appear to be that successful in an Australian setting like teh A-League.

There is a fair bit of data to suggest Australian coaches are under rated. 

It just seems we have a “cultural cringe” when it comes to football. A foreigner simply must be better, even when there is no particular evidence as to why.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

It just seems we have a “cultural cringe” when it comes to football. A foreigner simply must be better, even when there is no particular evidence as to why.

This view seems to be promoted by Craig Foster. I note that most foreign managers don't do much here.

Look at Graham Arnold atm. Even though they have been lucky a few times (against us), he has still has been a successful coach in the A-League with both CCM and Sydney.

7 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

This view seems to be promoted by Craig Foster. I note that most foreign managers don't do much here.

Amore was successful with Adelaide and also Merick with Victory and now Newcastle but there the only coaches i can think of who were from Europe. Lets see how Wazza turns out. Prove me wrong Wazza

6 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Not sure about that. Its probably fifty fifty with success rates of foreign coaches as opposed to Australian.

Actually just checked and using the Premiers (team that finished season on top but it's another debate about GF) its 7 Australian born to 5 Foreign. 

1 hour ago, AlexJones said:

Look at Graham Arnold atm. Even though they have been lucky a few times (against us), he has still has been a successful coach in the A-League with both CCM and Sydney.

Amore was successful with Adelaide and also Merick with Victory and now Newcastle but there the only coaches i can think of who were from Europe. Lets see how Wazza turns out. Prove me wrong Wazza

Merrick would be counted as an Aussie, being a citizen and having done all his training here.

19 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Honestly I can accept the banter but JVS’ PEC Zwolle are actually doing really well. 4th in their league with 18 matches played, behind only Ajax, Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar

Ah, but this begs the question. How long does it take for a bad coach/manager to affect a good team/business.

2 hours ago, mjake1234 said:

Ah, but this begs the question. How long does it take for a bad coach/manager to affect a good team/business.

Except Zwolle finished 14th last season only 1 points clear of the relegation playoff

16/17 P:34 W:9 D:8 L:17 GD: -28 PTS: 35

JVS 17/18 P:18 W:9 D:6 L:3 GD: 5 PTS: 33

Thats a pretty huge turnaround. Maybe JVS is semi-decent and the A-League wasn't the right environment for him to shine.