Melbourne Football

Dario Vidosic

jeffplz

2 hours ago, moops said:

He has no club ATM having left Welly, he should be able to play this weekend if Wazza wanted, it's part of the FIFA rules that clubless players can sign at any time?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

@moopsThat's indeed what I thought. I also thought the same about Delbridge, because his contract in the States finished in October/November sometime. However, it seems not to be the case.

A similar restriction has been applied to Jodie Taylor, our English import to the W-League team. She is eligible to play for the first time against WSW this coming weekend.

They can't join as free agents as they weren't free agents when the window shut, same reason as to why cahill can't join another club until January 

Or at least that's my understanding of the rule 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jovan said:

Mauk Kamau and Ruon will be away with the u23s for all of January.

..and for all those peeps that whinge about not playing more youth, this is why. Because of the continual fukd up scheduling, why would you invest in playing your good youth players when they miss so many games in a season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neio said:

They can't join as free agents as they weren't free agents when the window shut, same reason as to why cahill can't join another club until January 

Or at least that's my understanding of the rule 

Ah yes, that's it. They have to wait until the start of the next window if they weren't free agents at the close of the previous one.

Personal feelings towards this signing is im optimistic because he's always had potential. However I dont think he offers much more than Marcin except in one area and it's probably the one Joyce values the most, and that is his mobility/work rate.  There's no doubt that players that are working hard, doing their basics are being prioritised often at the expense of some better quality out on the pitch. Overall though happy to have another Aussie player on the books and one with potential to go further. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

He was the Nix’s best player this season and we have signed him under the cap, looks a very good signing. 

The problem is he has been injured and could be still injured. We dont want to be playing an injured player. Look at Ross, he has been injured for the whole season with an ancle injury or something

I've generally liked Vidosic over the years.

However, I'm weary of signing another long time A-League player like him. We seem to recruit more "Franjics" (who don't produce their best A-League football at our club) than "Fitzgeralds" (who arguably produce their best at our club).

The fact that Vidosic has an injury cloud over him, and that we're getting him from the worst A-League club mid-season, makes me all the more weary about signing him.

Hopefully with the change of scenery Vidosic (still a good age, at 30) can get back to his best.

• Like 2

Dario Vidosic slams Wellington Phoenix after he and his father were dragged ‘through the mud’

DAVID DAVUTOVIC

January 5, 2018

NEW Melbourne City signing Dario Vidosic has lit the fuse for an explosive clash with Wellington Phoenix by slamming his former club for putting his family’s name through the mud.

Vidosic and his dad, assistant coach Rado Vidosic were controversially ushered out of Wellington a fortnight ago amid reports in the New Zealand press that coach Darije Kalezic had been undermined.

The attacker revealed they were blindsided, with his dad sacked via SMS after returning from road trips to Brisbane and Perth.

“It threw Christmas into disarray. It was a stressful time trying to piece everything together,’’ Vidosic said.

“It was a surprise for us both when it all happened coming back from a one-week trip. A few things were said in the media, undermining and players reacting to that in regards to my father and directed at myself too.

“What was most disappointing was that our name was put through the mud.

“We’re not those sort of people, my father didn’t raise me like that. We’re both football-loving people, hard workers. My father came to Australia with nothing and raised me to be in a certain way.

“My father was texted and told that the coach said that they couldn’t work together. There’s a truth to that in that their playing philosophies were very different – (Kalezic) is very defensive, my father is more attacking. And that’s fine, they still worked together, were always in meetings together.’’

Vidosic Snr has forged a reputation as one of the A-League’s shrewdest lieutenants, serving under Ange Postecoglou, Graham Arnold and Kevin Muscat.

Capped 23 times by the Socceroos, Vidosic fumed at reports that he wasn’t performing to his maximum.

“It’s disappointing that my father’s been made out to be a scapegoat with a lack of results. I don’t want to turn it into a (slanging match), but if we look at the facts, if I was undermining I wouldn’t be performing the way I was,’’ he said.

“Against the Roar I was named captain, which was an honour. I had a good performance. It’s not something a player who’s undermining the coach would do (play well). We didn’t come to Wellington to do that.

“Mostly I feel for my father. He loves football, he’s worked with the best coaches, has great relationships.’’

Vidosic admits he’s got a point to prove, but was confident of making an impact.

“I know there’s the whole thing about the changing of clubs and all these things that have gone along with my signing here,’’ Vidosic said.

“For me it’s a bit of a blessing in disguise to come to a fantastic club, somewhere I can develop.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/dario-vidosic-slams-wellington-phoenix-after-he-and-his-father-were-dragged-through-the-mud/news-story/cefee1c3498d845dcd49e22c1c42be90

Last chance saloon for this bloke. Over his years in the League he has always been a quality player and has ripped some games but never gone to the next level that his quality should have taken him. His record is testiment to that. 

Maybe this public falling out and his need to prove himself and maybe the players around him at City could get the best out of him. We need him at his best and he needs to play at his best so who knows it could be a match made in heaven. Being named to start so early also shows the coach is backing him straight away which in our situation has proved to build some players eg Malik Fitzy and lesser degree Mauk. 

Can see him scoring tonight maybe more than one. 

If not and he plays like shit and the rest of the team likewise, and we lose they can get fucked.

53 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I reckon he is a good player but I'm still surprised we signed him, he doesn't really strike me as a Warren Joyce type of player. He is more languid and skillful than strong and tenacious. Also, we don't currently play with an attacking midfielder so will he play on a wing or we he assume the Mauk role up front?

There is a common misconception at this forum that Wazza prefers strong, defensive style players. He was devastated when Cacceras left, hardly a defensive type player.

11 hours ago, Jovan said:

Last chance saloon for this bloke. Over his years in the League he has always been a quality player and has ripped some games but never gone to the next level that his quality should have taken him. His record is testiment to that. 

Maybe this public falling out and his need to prove himself and maybe the players around him at City could get the best out of him. We need him at his best and he needs to play at his best so who knows it could be a match made in heaven. Being named to start so early also shows the coach is backing him straight away which in our situation has proved to build some players eg Malik Fitzy and lesser degree Mauk. 

Can see him scoring tonight maybe more than one. 

If not and he plays like shit and the rest of the team likewise, and we lose they can get fucked.

You're kidding yourself it's the A-League! He'll end up at CCM or back at Adelaide after us

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So what's Wazza's strike rate so far with Signings? Vidosic is the only standout Imo. But how long until he leaves to his next club? It might not happen since his dad isn't putting his dick in everything

5 minutes ago, haz said:

So what's Wazza's strike rate so far with Signings? Vidosic is the only standout Imo. But how long until he leaves to his next club? It might not happen since his dad isn't putting his dick in everything

AFAIK he's contracted until the end of next season, with a one-year option to extend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forever City said:

I would add Bart to the list of Wazza's best signings.

But was he his signing or not? I have no idea what influence he had on signings before the season started. But overall yes, Bort is imo our best signing of the season

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

There was a press release way back that said that the Bart signing was JVS' idea and it was he who convinced him to come to Melbourne.

Pretty sure Bart was at JVS's club and was told by JVS he wouldn't be in his plans followed by what you said.

13 minutes ago, malloy said:

Pretty sure Bart was at JVS's club and was told by JVS he wouldn't be in his plans followed by what you said.

Man I feel for Bort.

Imagine having a choice of playing for JVS or Joyce. Retirement becomes a real option. 

• Like 2