Melbourne Football

Dario Vidosic

jeffplz

3 minutes ago, silloth52 said:

wtf why   done nothing at the many clubs he,s been

And why until 31st May 2019 with an option for a further season? FMD, wait and see what he's like this season. Our younger players will never make the seniors while we keep signing these old crocks.

I have always have rated him, quality player. My reservations are his history, never really lived up to his potential and never really dominated. 

Big question is that of Budzinski now. With Mauk away with the national team I thought Budz might have a final hurrah but now not so sure.

Willing to see what he can offer. Anything at the moment will be better I guess. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

“Melbourne City’s professional environment and the quality of the playing and coaching groups made this an easy decision for me. I am looking forward to contributing to the Club both on and off the field and to showing the City fans what I am capable of.”

All our recruits say this. Must be a standard part of their contract. Please repeat after me “Melbourne City’s professional environment ..... “

And what role does Rado take in the CFG family?

9 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Won't be playing until the 6th Jan against Wellington. Cannot play until the window opens 1st Jan . say's on the website until the end of this season with option for another year.

Actually, the club web-site says "...signed...until the end of the 2018/19 season with the option for a further season."

Edited by jw1739

46 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

And why until 31st May 2019 with an option for a further season? FMD, wait and see what he's like this season. Our younger players will never make the seniors while we keep signing these old crocks.

So you'd rather we sign him up on a shorter contract so you can complain when our player turnover is high?

Christ, some of you people live in a constant state of self-induced misery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Embee said:

So you'd rather we sign him up on a shorter contract so you can complain when our player turnover is high?

Christ, some of you people live in a constant state of self-induced misery.

Yes, I would. Although my real preference would be not to sign him at all. When we have 8 Young Socceroos on our books I'd rather see one of them given a chance in front of some aging crock from the bottom club in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, I would. Although my real preference would be not to sign him at all. When we have 8 Young Socceroos on our books I'd rather see one of them given a chance in front of some aging crock from the bottom club in the league.

And if they didn't display the necessary abilities once in the team you'd beat the side for not signing the right players etc.

Edited by Embee

13 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Front third:

Carusca        Budzinski       Vidosic

Ross/Bruno

Looks half decent actually!!!

>implying budzinski

>implying carrusca

likely will be fitzy  mauk kamau

ross

vidosic as super sub for mauk in 70th min

• Like 1

Just now, Shahanga said:

Decent player. surely has been signed to take Mauk’s starting spot.

Can’t see Bud featuring again now though.

Not sure if he pushes Mauk out, likely takes a starting spot on the wing IMO.

If we manage to keep Ross and Bruno then I suggest that's when Mauk finds himself on the pine.

1 hour ago, moops said:

He has no club ATM having left Welly, he should be able to play this weekend if Wazza wanted, it's part of the FIFA rules that clubless players can sign at any time?

@moopsThat's indeed what I thought. I also thought the same about Delbridge, because his contract in the States finished in October/November sometime. However, it seems not to be the case.

A similar restriction has been applied to Jodie Taylor, our English import to the W-League team. She is eligible to play for the first time against WSW this coming weekend.

Edited by jw1739