Melbourne Football

Rd 13 vs WSW(away) New Years Day 7.50

neio

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Sort of. I mean the dour football is ok to ensure if your winning. 

Of course, but when the results were coming I personally didn't see any point in sitting and waiting for the wheels to come off. Sydney were able to win the league playing incredibly dour football, why couldn't we?

I've said many times on here I value results over aesthetic style, and whilst we were picking up points I was fine with the defensive, 'boring' style we were playing, can't argue with results afterall. However, once the results dried up and it was clear what we were doing wasn't yielding results anymore then the complaints about style become more valid IMO.

Edited by Embee

14 minutes ago, Embee said:

No idea how McCormack has scored so many goals in the Championship, looks absolutely inept in open play at times.

Yeah it always looks like he lacks that instinct. Always takes that needless touch or forces himself into poor body positioning to get an effective shot away.

27 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Wazza's nationality is not the issue. Any other derogatory national epithet there and you'd be on a ban. Since you're not keen on anyone British around the club I'll do you a favour and not bother attending any more. Me and the hundreds of other British born and passionate City fans. I don't care how bloody hacked off you are with this performance (join me in that) cut out the fucking casual racism.

Fair enough.

i will “withdraw my comment from Hansard”