Melbourne Football

Rd 11: Sydney FC v Melbourne City, Friday 15 Dec 7.50pm

Harrison

My take is,

We are a very good side that exploited their defence quite easily, 

We out played them for most of the game and really should have gone into the break ahead.

2 key players making very poor decisions cost us dearly.

Bouzanis had a solid game but needs to set up his wall correctly.

VAR is a joke as is the Ref for bias and not playing advantage on a few occasions. VAR is a failure in all areas except goal-line and offside adjudication and must be used for nothing else during the game, nothing.

Bobo should have been sent off at the 50th minute, and will get weeks.

Muscat is naughty

Brilliante should have been off with a 2 yellows

Ross is a big loss

Atkinson is not ready and the correct sub for Ross was either Azarni or Budzinski 

Wazza still playing with the list which is understandable as Jan transfers are coming and he needs to make some big decisions, but he must start Budzinski over the next few weeks or get rid of him because we need a game breaker up forward (which is what Bud needs to be).

Sad we lost but given the circumstances with Ross and the adjudication bias towards Sydney but I will accept it given we out played them for most of the match. 

Joyce: "I've been in professional football for 35 years, come a long way and some of the things I've seen in the last few weeks are just not correct."

Sums it up nicely we need marquee refs and I hope this issue gets traction.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Can someone explain what is this "grey area"?

Upset we lost but proud we played so well. Revenge on the cards!

It's translated as: "I'm making some shit up just so as not to penalise Sydney and Bobo, whilst at the same time completely contradicting myself on national TV."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Atkinson is not ready and the correct sub for Ross was either Azarni or Budzinski 

Arzani should have come on when Atkinson came on and Atkinson should have come on and played RB after Muscat's red card. 

Bringing on Budzinski was really equivalent to sending us down to 9 men. You may have guessed, I don't rate him at all

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, neio said:

Adam peacock said he should have been sent off. He usually says what most people are thinking as he is just a supporter and not a former player 

Whilst I'm at it, why can't one of these pricks actually call Matt Simon for what he is - just a pure A grade cunt. Sick of this prick.

Yet to see a single game where he hasn't come on and caused a scuffle within the first 2 minutes. 

Instead of treating him like a lovable larrikin, call him out for the dirty, cheating cunt he is. Rapt Bart wouldn't shake his hand after the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

Arzani should have come on when Atkinson came on and Atkinson should have come on and played RB after Muscat's red card. 

Bringing on Budzinski was really equivalent to sending us down to 9 men. You may have guessed, I don't rate him at all

I see your point mate, but he is a Marquee and must start consecutive games. I am neutral on him because he really hasn't had enough game time. I suggest that we start him for 4 straight games which will lead to the middle of Jan and if he doesn't perform then off load him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

I see your point mate, but he is a Marquee and must start consecutive games. I am neutral on him because he really hasn't had enough game time. I suggest that we start him for 4 straight games which will lead to the middle of Jan and if he doesn't perform then off load him.

With a performing team it would be difficult to fit him in. But now with Ross injured he might get a look in. If Arzani and Atkinson play ahead of him though, I think we just need to cut our losses and replace him.

• Like 1

Just now, n i k o said:

I get what you're saying 

You could argue that both Arzani and Atkinson have already caught up to Kamau on both skill and decision making, which is frustrating if Kamau gets more starts without performing. Although I have liked the impact of Kamu off the bench for the last 20.

6 minutes ago, haz said:

You could argue that both Arzani and Atkinson have already caught up to Kamau on both skill and decision making, which is frustrating if Kamau gets more starts without performing. Although I have liked the impact of Kamu off the bench for the last 20.

I know I've banged on about it at times but for me Arzani has been ahead of Kamau for a while. I'm still don't have an opinion on Atkinson as I haven't seen enough of him. 

What is their to say?

I thought we utterly dominated today, what cost us at the end of the day was a few very, very silly fouls.

But one thing this game reiterates to me, we are not that far off the leaders, if we are far off at all

No need to get down on ourselves after this game, we just need to be better at the little things. Such as not giving away dumb penalties or fouls on the edge of the box. 

But hey, I just got the job of my dreams today, God is great. The sun still shines when we wake up in the morning. Sleep on what you are going to say before you post it.

Or at least have a beer or 15 like i have before posting. Life is great.

We're third place regardless of what happens this round. We just need to tighten a few things up and we'll be fine.

But "ross the boss" is no good unfortuantly, time to find someone else! Stuffed up another chance from open play, he is not the striker that will take us to the championship unfortuantly 

Did i say unforutantly enough?

Edited by kingofhearts

VAR Strebre Delovski 

has always gone out of his way to fuck melbourne teams playing sydney,   love my football but seriously thinking about giving it away how about arnold walking past delovski and saying    "nice job streb" wtf i,m so irate if arnold becomes socceroos coach i will never support australian football 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, silloth52 said:

has always gone out of his way to fuck melbourne teams playing sydney,   love my football but seriously thinking about giving it away how about arnold walking past delovski and saying    "nice job streb" wtf i,m so irate if arnold becomes socceroos coach i will never support australian football 

Get over it

If people think the VAR is the reason we lost the match, then people need a reality check.

The team wasn't good enough, simple as that.

58 minutes ago, rass said:

I thought Atkinson was a shade disappointing when he came on. Perhaps it was the unfamiliar striker role, but his touch was off tonight. He seemed to improve though when Arzani came on, who i thought was exciting and dangerous. I'd definitely give him a go first. 

Why he was deployed into the strikers role and not Mauk is beyond me. 

6 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

What is their to say?

I thought we utterly dominated today, what cost us at the end of the day was a few very, very silly fouls.

But one thing this game reiterates to me, we are not that far off the leaders, if we are far off at all

No need to get down on ourselves after this game, we just need to be better at the little things. Such as not giving away dumb penalties or fouls on the edge of the box. 

But hey, I just got the job of my dreams today, God is great. The sun still shines when we wake up in the morning. Sleep on what you are going to say before you post it.

We're third place regardless of what happens this round. We just need to tighten a few things up and we'll be fine.

But "ross the boss" is no good unfortuantly, time to find someone else! Stuffed up another chance from open play, he is not the striker that will take us to the championship unfortuantly 

Congratulations on the job!

I just got a new one and hours have been crazy, so I missed the game, I will watch the replay later tonight after work :P

• Like 1

Just for all who want to travel to Sydney i feel i have to give a heads up on pricing................... ............$40!!!!!!! to get into the away bay 😳 We ended up paying $38 for a GA ticket and went where we wanted. WTF $40! Maybe theres more to people not going to SFC games. I would have thought all Aleague games anywhere would be $20 - $25 for GA. 

Cant help but feel last nights result was utterly undeserved for all parties. The old good sides find a way to win with Sydney rings true, but i really dont think they deserved shit out of that last night. Was pretty happy with our performance all things considered.

Happy with goal line technology, but VAR needs to go. It's not helping the game whatsoever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Cant help but feel last nights result was utterly undeserved for all parties. The old good sides find a way to win with Sydney rings true, but i really dont think they deserved shit out of that last night. Was pretty happy with our performance all things considered.

Happy with goal line technology, but VAR needs to go. It's not helping the game whatsoever.

VAR is meant to deal with clear cut cases. Whether a ball crosses the line or not is not a matter of interpreting the rules but just whether the technology is capable of giving you a yes or a no. Determining whether something is a red card or not is a subjective interpretation of the rules. Stebre saying the Bobo challenge on Muscat wouldn’t have warranted a red card is a subjective judgement. In these cases VAR simply shifts the subjective decision from the on field ref to the clowns up stairs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Get over it

If people think the VAR is the reason we lost the match, then people need a reality check.

The team wasn't good enough, simple as that.

I agree. Blaming the refereeing or the VAR and anything else is just a cop out. We're simply not strong enough when it counts. Eight seasons tell the same story. It's an issue of mental strength - or lack of it - that has plagued the men's team since inception.

Our record against Sydney in the "City era"- 2W-4D-5L.

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I agree. Blaming the refereeing or the VAR and anything else is just a cop out. We're simply not strong enough when it counts. Eight seasons tell the same story. It's an issue of mental strength - or lack of it - that has plagued the men's team since inception.

Our record against Sydney in the "City era"- 2W-4D-5L.

While I've made it abundantly clear on here before and on TC I won't blame the referee for a loss, there is no denying now that the referees in this league don't have the courage to deal with Sydney antics. 

Bobo off the ball, matt Simon every single game, Atkinson through on goal, the list goes on. This is the same bloke mind you that gave three penalties to Sydney last time he reffed them at Allianz. (four penalties in two games, spare me) 

People need to call out their cynical tactics for what they are - cheating. 

While both goals in the first half came from stupid mistakes, it is hard to chase a game when those adjudicating are applying the laws inconsistently. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

While I've made it abundantly clear on here before and on TC I won't blame the referee for a loss, there is no denying now that the referees in this league don't have the courage to deal with Sydney antics. 

Bobo off the ball, matt Simon every single game, Atkinson through on goal, the list goes on. This is the same bloke mind you that gave three penalties to Sydney last time he reffed them at Allianz. (four penalties in two games, spare me) 

People need to call out their cynical tactics for what they are - cheating. 

While both goals in the first half came from stupid mistakes, it is hard to chase a game when those adjudicating are applying the laws inconsistently. 

Yes it is. But IMO what we have to look at are things that are under our control. McCormack misses a sitter in the first quarter hour. Bouzanis takes two steps to his left and then, wtf, stops and watches Adrian's free-kick go into the net. And so on and so on. If you want to win the league these are the things you have to have to improve on. There will always be decisions and happenings that go against you, and you have to minimise the impacts of same.

I've decided to sleep on it and I'm still fucking livid so...petulant melt incoming. 

Sydney are now my most hated team. More than Victory. Every single one of their players shit me. From baby giraffe Redmayne, who couldn't catch a fucking beach ball when he was our keeper, to that Bujis flog with the flog haircut and invisible lat syndrome, to shit tribal tat bogan Wilkshire, that little whinging bitch Zullo, coach's son O'Neill and the two biggest wankers of all time Bobo and Simon. I hope that latter cockhead gets his leg broken one day, because he is a hack footballer and all round fuckstain. Graham Arnold is a whining prick too. Big fish small pond. Please don't get anywhere near the NT. 

The A-league now is a laughing stock. The VAR is a train-wreck, and although it gave us a goal (which goal-line technology could independently provide) it is clearly now unsustainable. The Germans have a kind of VAR and I'm sure it isn't as badly implemented. Leave it to the A-league to fuck this up. They can barely manage the league let alone manage the introduction of technology that fundamentally changes the game of football itself. 

I'm loathe to blame refereeing for losses but this goes beyond self-interest. That Shaun Evans is a semi-pro referee is an indictment on this league. The standard is just pathetic. His inexplicable and inconsistent decisions are beyond rationalisation. When you add in VAR it compounds the problem. Most of the other refs have no clue what they're doing. We desperately need actual professional referees who can make good decisions consistently and who can deal with drama. 

While I'm at it I am sick of Muscat. Far too many red cards for a shit player. Elbowing an opponent in the face deserves a straight red (even if I applaud his choice of target). We can't keep picking players who are get sent off every few games. Muscat is borderline NPL as it is. 

Bouzanis' positioning if awful. He is basically begging the opponent to put it on target to his left, instead of making him choose a side AND put it into the top corner. Rookie shit. 

Finally I assumed Ross would be a great one on one finisher for someone of his standard but that was a woeful shot. Telegraphed it and shot too early. It was poor all round. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HEARTinator said:

VAR is meant to deal with clear cut cases. Whether a ball crosses the line or not is not a matter of interpreting the rules but just whether the technology is capable of giving you a yes or a no. Determining whether something is a red card or not is a subjective interpretation of the rules. Stebre saying the Bobo challenge on Muscat wouldn’t have warranted a red card is a subjective judgement. In these cases VAR simply shifts the subjective decision from the on field ref to the clowns up stairs.

As with prior incidences, the VAR should have called on the ref to have a look at the incident and make his decision. It was serious enough to warrant that and serious enough for a red card.

And I would go further to say that with Bobo off at the 60th minute and Sydney down to 10 men the decision would have significantly influenced the game.

13 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

What is their to say?

Where we are behind is that we take far to many shots on target to score a goal. Teams this inefficient don't win championships

13 hours ago, silloth52 said:

if arnold becomes socceroos coach i will never support australian football 

He'll make that easier for you by taking Matt Simon to the World Cup as our striker

14 hours ago, rass said:

Whilst I'm at it, why can't one of these pricks actually call Matt Simon for what he is - just a pure A grade cunt. Sick of this prick.

Yet to see a single game where he hasn't come on and caused a scuffle within the first 2 minutes. 

Instead of treating him like a lovable larrikin, call him out for the dirty, cheating cunt he is. Rapt Bart wouldn't shake his hand after the game.

I wish I could like this twice.

I'm not sure what is more immense; my hate for Simon (and Bobo) or My love for Bart.

• Like 2