Melbourne Football

Rd 11: Sydney FC v Melbourne City, Friday 15 Dec 7.50pm

Harrison

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Turning off the Tele.

that VAR has reverted back to completely fucking useless and ridiculous 

this shit keeps up I’ll stop following the a League 

Yes, that is me officially done with the HAL.

This Sydney centric bullshit is a complete farce.

It's not the first time that POS Bobo has benefited from protection from the SFC log smokers (aka Refs).

This league can gawn. The sooner the FFA goes tits up and the HAL with it the better.

Farce product, farce officiating and Harper and co will have to resort to stroking each others logs over replays of what use to be the HAL within 18 months.

GF!!

So, I have moved interstate and don't have my foxtel set up yet which means I didn't get to see the game and had to keep up to speed via Google. I am going to prolong hooking up foxtel for as long as I can so I have an excuse not to watch our matches. Sounds like I missed an absolute classic

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

So, I have moved interstate and don't have my foxtel set up yet which means I didn't get to see the game and had to keep up to speed via Google. I am going to prolong hooking up foxtel for as long as I can so I have an excuse not to watch our matches. Sounds like I missed an absolute classic

If dont have foxtel the A League website has free radio coverage no account needed. Its much easier to pull out an earphone.

• Like 1

i think that this was our best game of the season, let down by three moments of poor decision making  and again, influence from the VAR (both ways)

Positives:

we looked more cohesive in both defence and attack and stopped Sydney playing their natural game

Yoof - both played well and should start next week if McCormack is unavailable

I don't think that we are that far off Sydney but our ongoing failure to convert our chances will continue to cost us. 

Remember we are still 2 visa players dpwn as well as Carusca (if he'd ever fit)

This will be remembered forevermore as the game where Wazza emptied the bench

Negatives:

3 stupid decisions cost us the game

We looked less effective when McCormack left the pitch

Yet another Muscat red card

Bobo's cheating is unpunished yet again, and again, and again....

Still seeing nothing of interest from Budzinski

Edited by belaguttman

Silly mistakes cost us tonight. Boys still tried hard and Arzani was pretty useful in combination with Atkinson. 

Sydney are a bunch of dogs and the ref screwed us at times ... why did he stop the play when Atkinson was in on goal?.. wtf 

We need total discipline and control defensively for the full 90.

Muscat’s elbow could have just been a yellow, red seemed harsh. 

Bouzanis was suspect tonight and needs to be on notice.

• Like 1

Played much better than Sydney, especially after Arzani appearance. Definitively best Brattan's game this season. Still to learn how to give pass BEFORE teammate is offside, but overall great performance. Mauk need to be benched, Arzani start regularly with Luke closer to defense. Brattan can provide extra presence in/around the box when we attack.

Dean made a mistake which might cost him place next game. First disappointing (by his standards) game from Schenkeveld.

Joyce: "I've been in professional football for 35 years, come a long way and some of the things I've seen in the last few weeks are just not correct."

Lol sums how fukd this league is. Some really fukd up shit in that game but the one incident that sent me over the edge was the ref pulling up Atkinson as he was running into the box and not play advantage. That's not a simple mistake; you get instructed to make those types of decisions... only in Sydney hey...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, rass said:

Joyce: "I've been in professional football for 35 years, come a long way and some of the things I've seen in the last few weeks are just not correct."

Lol sums how fukd this league is. Some really fukd up shit in that game but the one incident that sent me over the edge was the ref pulling up Atkinson as he was running into the box and not play advantage. That's not a simple mistake; you get instructed to make those types of decisions... only in Sydney hey...

Wish we could see what would have happened had the whistle not blown. Absolutely irate 

7 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Silly mistakes cost us tonight. Boys still tried hard and Arzani was pretty useful in combination with Atkinson. 

Sydney are a bunch of dogs and the ref screwed us at times ... why did he stop the play when Atkinson was in on goal?.. wtf 

We need total discipline and control defensively for the full 90.

Muscat’s elbow could have just been a yellow, red seemed harsh. 

Bouzanis was suspect tonight and needs to be on notice.

Let's face it, those are the reasons why we have yet to win a league trophy. We are simply not good enough for 95 minutes every week. No point in being the better team for 92 minutes if you throw the match away in the other three. That's what Joyce was brought here to fix, and it's clear that he has not done it yet.

• Thanks 1

Wow. So VARS doesn't rule because they couldn't decide on it being a yellow or red. If they couldn't rule it themselves then get the fucking ref to review it. Or does this mean it may go to the MRP? Or will it be ignored? And Kozzie saying Muscat went down easily. You fucking dinosaur Kozzie he's well within his right to go down.

Edited by n i k o

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Wow. So VARS doesn't rule because they couldn't decide on it being a yellow or red. If they couldn't rule it themselves then get the fucking red to review it. Or does this mean it may go to the MRP? Or will it be ignored? And Kozzie saying Muscat went down easily. You fucking dinosaur Kozzie he's well within his right to go down.

Was a pretty filthy game all in all. Emotions got the better of reason. Syd got the better of City, though still in retrospect could have been anyones game.

13 minutes ago, rass said:

Imagine if it had been Muscat's studs on Bobo, it would have been VAR and a straight red with no complaints, but of course, Bobo plays for Sydney and Muscat doesn't. Muscat deserved his card but so did Bobo, especially as the ref hadn't called the foul on Muscat, it was play on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rass said:

Can someone have the balls to say Bobo's was a dog act. Looking ahead whilst kicking out fully aware the player was right there.

But no, it was just a misdemeanor.. wtf you stupid gutless cnts... 

Adam peacock said he should have been sent off. He usually says what most people are thinking as he is just a supporter and not a former player