• Malik
    • Fitzy
    • McCormacl
    • Jakobsen
    • Crowley
    • Budzik
    • Waz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/17 at 10:05 AM

45 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

We need more TV audience. The sydney derby only got 50,000 views, eclipsed widely by the Women's BBL, which got 300k+. If we are to succeed as a club we need to focus on what looks good for the cameras

Nah, FFA need to get off their fucking asses and do some good for the game, rather than worry about their 7 figure pay cheques and their ALF/NRL small minded thinking.

A lot of fans are disenchanted with them and the direction they are taking our product, if they showed a hint of moving the game forward people would still be excited, but they seem to be fighting football at every level at the moment, even FIFA themselves!

For custodians of the game, they seem more like parasites, not excitement inducing, downright disparaging.

• Like 2

I can’t understand why people think Malik had a bad game. I was expecting him to, but I thought he had a solid game. He didn’t try to overlap young Atkinson. However, he looked better defensively than Muscat.

The player who disappointed me was Mauk. His first touch was terrible the whole game. He needs to do better in that position. It’s okay having a good work rate, but as an attacking midfielder he needs to create more. I will give him credit for the block at the end, but he was still our worse player on the day.

57 minutes ago, silva10 said:

I can’t understand why people think Malik had a bad game. I was expecting him to, but I thought he had a solid game. He didn’t try to overlap young Atkinson. However, he looked better defensively than Muscat.

The player who disappointed me was Mauk. His first touch was terrible the whole game. He needs to do better in that position. It’s okay having a good work rate, but as an attacking midfielder he needs to create more. I will give him credit for the block at the end, but he was still our worse player on the day.

I am with you. I would have subbed Mauk off at the 65 minute mark (if not at half time) and replaced him Budzinski - let those two fight out for the starting line up.

2 hours ago, silva10 said:

Interestingly Mauk made TWGs team of the week.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxbig said:

How dense are people on this forum, Malik  leading the dud of the week race.......do you clowns even know football.....probaly not just go off Fifa 18 rankings

Agree. The only problem with Malik this season is 2 red cards in only 10 rounds of football. That's borderline becoming a liability to me. 

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Agree. The only problem with Malik this season is 2 red cards in only 10 rounds of football. That's borderline becoming a liability to me. 

It is and has to be considered. In his defence i think you can probably argue both reds were harsh, but nevertheless, noone else has a red, let alone two.

19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Just now, bt50 said:

It is and has to be considered. In his defence i think you can probably argue both reds were harsh, but nevertheless, noone else has a red, let alone two.

but he's Wazza's boy... so he can do no wrong 

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Just so it's clear my stance on it is it shouldn't and probably won't affect his game time going forward, unless he gets another one on this side of the half of the season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, japiedog said:

but he's Wazza's boy... so he can do no wrong 

Eh i dont think that's even the case. I think his performances this season have generally been good, plus he's a ripping bloke and puts the effort in every day of the week, so its no surprise to me that he keeps getting selected. Is he better than some of the other players? Probably not but sometimes its better to give the player that does the right things the opportunity rather than the more talented but less hard-working types, provided they cut the mustard on the field of course. I think Wazza likes to generally reward performance, hence why we've generally kept the same XI.
For that reason i think we'll go unchanged this week and Muscat will stay on the bench, although iirc Manny played really well against Sydney 5 weeks ago. For mine the only person i see him coming back in for is Ossie tho.

Edited by bt50

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

For that reason i think we'll go unchanged this week and Muscat will stay on the bench, although iirc Manny played really well against Sydney 5 weeks ago.

For mine the only person i see him coming back in for is Ossie tho.

So you think Atkinson will start? I'm not sure what will happen or what should happen. If Muscat replaces Malik at RB, Atkinson will be really tested by Zullo. 

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Just now, Jovan said:

So you think Atkinson will start? I'm not sure what will happen or what should happen. If Muscat replaces Malik at RB, Atkinson will be really tested by Zullo. 

Personally I'm not comfortable with Atkinson starting. He could perform well but I think Sydney is that damn ahead of CCM that I think he'd struggle.

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Yeh i do. As i mentioned, i think Wazza is the gaffer that generally rewards performance and our right side was very strong last week, particularly in the first 60 min. I think Muscat would have replaced Malik had Malik not played so well last week at RB, but given his performance i'd suggest he'll be given first shot at it. In saying that there's def a distinct possibility that Manny regains that spot. 
For RW i highly doubt we make an abnormal change there. Theyll ensure its attacking per normal imo, so if Atkinson is to miss, it will be for Arzani imo. I wouldnt rule it out completely, but i really dont think theyll change the midfield three of Jako, Bratts and Mauky after last week.

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Personally I'm not comfortable with Atkinson starting. He could perform well but I think Sydney is that damn ahead of CCM that I think he'd struggle.

Eh you have to faith in him imo and i think he has the tank and speed to run with his full back for an hour. It's Michael Zullo, not Jordi Alba

Edited by bt50

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Zullo has been probably the best LB in the League since leaving us (or joining Sydney depending on your stance) but Atkinson is no Ronaldo either.

*comparison of a Barca Lb and a Real Rw.

Haha point taken. Look he probably has been, but he's still the same bloke that was running around as defensive liability for us. He's a good player no doubt, but I dont think he's so good that we have to worry about him more offensively than he does about whoever is playing wing for us.

7 hours ago, Jovan said:

Zullo has been probably the best LB in the League since leaving us (or joining Sydney depending on your stance) but Atkinson is no Ronaldo either.

*comparison of a Barca Lb and a Real Rw.

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

Haha point taken. Look he probably has been, but he's still the same bloke that was running around as defensive liability for us. He's a good player no doubt, but I dont think he's so good that we have to worry about him more offensively than he does about whoever is playing wing for us.

That's sort of what I was hinting at as @Jovan said. To make it clear its more my gut feeling about him starting and not necassarily a rationionally thought out arguement for dropping him. You could very well be right though @bt50, let's hope if he starts he can make a positive impact.