• Malik
    • Fitzy
    • McCormacl
    • Jakobsen
    • Crowley
    • Budzik
    • Waz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/17 at 10:05 AM

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Fitzy by a fucking street. Dont get me wrong, i rate him and love the way he goes about it, but so many of our fans have blinkers on when it comes to this bloke imo. Was thoroughly outperformed by a debutant last night.

He certainly had a quieter game by his standards. Great that we've got debutants of that quality....

Fitzy was involved in the goal, he laid on the ball for Jako who should have scored and he setup (with Ross) the goal that Mauk should have scored.

The only thing Fitzy is doing wrong is playing with guys who can;t finish.

He did seem to be playing a different role last night coming in central with Jamo hugging the line. 

I thought the debutant did well but lets not get carried away. I would be very scared having him against Zullo on Friday night. Josh Rose is a vastly different prospect to most HAL defenders

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Fitzy by a fucking street. Dont get me wrong, i rate him and love the way he goes about it, but so many of our fans have blinkers on when it comes to this bloke imo. Was thoroughly outperformed by a debutant last night.

Fitzy had his best game since Sydney at home. Was good to see him in the center as well.

23 minutes ago, MXG said:

Would be Brattan by a mile. Constantly paused the game with side and return passes. But he suddenly woke up on the left, been found by great Dean, did the only bright thing in the whole game. So this time not 13*2 but just 13. Mauk.

With observations like this, there is no doubt this bloke is a flat earther

39 minutes ago, MXG said:

Would be Brattan by a mile. Constantly paused the game with side and return passes. But he suddenly woke up on the left, been found by great Dean, did the only bright thing in the whole game. So this time not 13*2 but just 13. Mauk.

15 minutes ago, Dylan said:

With observations like this, there is no doubt this bloke is a flat earther

Fish memory syndrome? Remove that rare moment of enlightenment with a goal and think what else did Brattan right yesterday.

@haz Hope you'll forgive me for saying it, but IMO these "Spud" threads are pretty meaningless when the team has put in a reasonable performance and won the match. No player is going to be perfect for the whole match, and calling someone a "spud" for a missed chance or errant pass is a bit ridiculous and just leads to polarised views. 

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Agree. We would have won had he done things differently 

Malik had a decent game tbh but he is a massive liability and has copped 2 red cards and also cost us points against WSW. The risk for him to implode is too high when you have class players like Killer playing in the youth....

Anyway, no clear spud so all votes are valid. 4 people have voted for Budz who didn't even play!!

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

@haz Hope you'll forgive me for saying it, but IMO these "Spud" threads are pretty meaningless when the team has put in a reasonable performance and won the match. No player is going to be perfect for the whole match, and calling someone a "spud" for a missed chance or errant pass is a bit ridiculous and just leads to polarised views. 

In games like that it is a bit unfair to pick someone, you can see by the votes no one did anything glaring wrong as it's pretty much spread across the board, with a few favourites being picked.

As team it was a good improvement over the last few weeks, but it's just a bit of fun in the end.

12 minutes ago, MXG said:

Just out of interest, who do you think should be selected instead of Malik?

As I said earlier, I would rather select Kilkenny who seems to be missing for reasons other than his ability as a footballer. Malik had a solid game yesterday but is always a risky selection IMO due to his propensity to fuck up or get sent off.

Malik and Wazza are currently leading the vote ahead of Budzinski who didn't even play, so I'm assuming I'm not alone in this opinion.

No spud. Solid performance across the park. Give the boys one week spudless. 

6 hours ago, bt50 said:

How? Atkinson was great, but how did he thoroughly outplay him? Thought Fitzy was good again. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, loriente said:

As I said earlier, I would rather select Kilkenny who seems to be missing for reasons other than his ability as a footballer. Malik had a solid game yesterday but is always a risky selection IMO due to his propensity to fuck up or get sent off.

Malik and Wazza are currently leading the vote ahead of Budzinski who didn't even play, so I'm assuming I'm not alone in this opinion.

Agree with Killa. He's missing because of some personal issues. Would be great to have him around, then Jacobsen would not be required in the midfield.

And agree that Malik is a hack. Yesterday, though I think he had a good game, far from being a Spud. Not much clarification here why he was a spud except yours (general liability) and the comment about "miskick" at the end (probably the only mistake he did).

1 hour ago, LB said:

No spud. Solid performance across the park. Give the boys one week spudless. 

How? Atkinson was great, but how did he thoroughly outplay him? Thought Fitzy was good again. 

Eh guess i just disagree. I thought Fitzy was fairly wasteful and stuffed up more often than he created yesterday. I love him as a player, but his lack of end product this season is starting to annoy me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loriente said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that's a positive thing given the nature of this forum. Malik could score a hat-trick and some people would still want him publicly crucified out the front of AAMI Park

He played well yesterday, especially given he was in an unnatural position, the fact that anybody has voted him 'spud of the match' (marginally in front of the manager of the winning side mind you) is just a reinforcement of the blinkered scapegoating that occurs on here.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Eh guess i just disagree. I thought Fitzy was fairly wasteful and stuffed up more often than he created yesterday. I love him as a player, but his lack of end product this season is starting to annoy me.

I reckon he is one of our best players. Quick look at the stats has him first for assists (3) and first for chances created (13). He is our best creator in my opinion, but he is quite a wasteful player in terms of shooting. He is second for shots but hasn't scored yet, and his accuracy is at 50 per cent. 

Just now, Harrison said:

I reckon he is one of our best players. Quick look at the stats has him first for assists (3) and first for chances created (13). He is our best creator in my opinion, but he is quite a wasteful player in terms of shooting. He is second for shots but hasn't scored yet, and his accuracy is at 50 per cent. 

100% agree with all of that. Just saying i thought he was poor last night and it's a bit frustrating that he's not scoring given his chances. He's a key cog to our team though, and as people have said with Ross, you'd be more worried if he wasn't getting the chances at all. 
When it clicks i think we are going to truly belt someone soon.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yea all good. Just want to be consistent. When I sum the votes I take into account the total number of votes placed to hopefully take into account better weeks.

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

It's really simple. Don't vote for anyone. Cause no one was a spud during this game and the fact that people are even arguing their point here is damning of this forums attitude. 

Yep just like I say in the first post

• Like 1

The way we owned them in their wide play on both sides of the pitch was a clear indication of how good Malik, Atkinson, Jamieson and Fitzy were. 

I think if you watch the game on TV you really miss the great off camera stuff that goes on and how that forces plays that lead to ball winning opportunities. 

Malik, Brattan, Mauk, Jakobson and Jamieson were immense off the ball and that's why we dominated out wide and the middle of the pitch. 

In saying that Mauk really needs to finish better than he does with only the keeper to beat.

4 minutes ago, playmaker said:

The way we owned them in their wide play on both sides of the pitch was a clear indication of how good Malik, Atkinson, Jamieson and Fitzy were. 

I think if you watch the game on TV you really miss the great off camera stuff that goes on and how that forces plays that lead to ball winning opportunities. 

Malik, Brattan, Mauk, Jakobson and Jamieson were immense off the ball and that's why we dominated out wide and the middle of the pitch. 

In saying that Mauk really needs to finish better than he does with only the keeper to beat.

It was a good team effort in the first half and most of the second, for a team that prides itself on possession, we strangled them most of the game. A lot of credit goes to Fitzy and Atkinson who possitioned themselves narrow and didn't allow De Silva or Brama to get time on the ball and if they did our destroyers would be on them quick smart.

Malik was surprisingly good at RB when defending, limited in attack, but was never caught out of position because of it.

5 hours ago, playmaker said:

We need more TV audience. The sydney derby only got 50,000 views, eclipsed widely by the Women's BBL, which got 300k+. If we are to succeed as a club we need to focus on what looks good for the cameras

11 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

We need more TV audience. The sydney derby only got 50,000 views, eclipsed widely by the Women's BBL, which got 300k+. If we are to succeed as a club we need to focus on what looks good for the cameras

So Bort and Catley to play in underwear then?