Jump to content
Melbourne Football
n i k o

Round 10: vs CCM Sunday 10 December AAMI Park @ 7pm

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

NO motivation to go. Just going to keep the numbers up at City games. FFA has made me not give a toss about the A-league.

Which of their actions in particular ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chris p said:

Which of their actions in particular ? 

banning banners flares overpolicing banning chants banning allocation banning exsitrnce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2017 at 5:51 PM, playmaker said:

Muscat is suspended. 5 yellows

Ahh true.. Agreed then. Give the youngster a chance. My guess is we'll play fitzy unfortunately. Or play Bart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shahanga said:

My take on that interview was that Tongyik will be leaving in January.

When asked if he had a future (with another central defender arriving) he said “yes, but I wouldn’t tell you if it was no”. Seems clear Tongyik will this be the 5th choice centre back at that point and unless Wazza has another plan to play s defender elsewhere (God help us) then he’ll need a team bus crash to get a game.

On top of that Wazza was quite clear that someone had to leave to make room for Delbridge. I’d say that’s Kilkenny and Tongyik, plus possibly Genreau.

Highly doubt Genreau would be moved on (he is only 18) but agree with the others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MXG said:

Who will be bench striker? Arzani or Crowley?

They scored a double and hattrick respectively in last week’s youth derby so will be tough for Joyce to pick from. Najjarine also scored a hattrick so he’ll be pushing as well for a spot in the front three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Crowley is the only true striker there. The other two are wing/attacking mids.

Didn't stop him playing Budz against Brisbane as striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Didn't stop him playing Budz against Brisbane as striker.

Yeh but thats an established player v a kid. I doubt they'd throw a kid in in an unnatural position when there's another kid in form that is a natural. Anywho, this week :

                                     Bouzanis

Jakobsen      La Rocca     Schenkeveld     Jamieson

                         Malik            Brattan

                                    Mauk

Fitzy                       McCormack           Kamau

SUBS : Galekovic Arzani Tongyik Budzinski Carrusca

I'd prefer to see Jako left at CDM and a kid (Cavallo, Pieiras or Atkinson) given a crack at RB, but i have my doubts as to whether it will happen. Alternatively we could have another crack at Fitzy back there and play Arzani on the right wing. I'd suggest if we do that then Najaarine or Genreau will replace Tongyik on the bench as Malik will sit on the pine.

Edit : Leaving Crowley out as i think if Ross has to come off then Fitzy or Bud replaces him.

Edited by bt50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bt50 said:

Yeh but thats an established player v a kid. I doubt they'd throw a kid in in an unnatural position when there's another kid in form that is a natural. Anywho, this week :

                                     Bouzanis

Jakobsen      La Rocca     Schenkeveld     Jamieson

                         Malik            Brattan

                                    Mauk

Fitzy                       McCormack           Kamau

SUBS : Galekovic Arzani Tongyik Budzinski Carrusca

I'd prefer to see Jako left at CDM and a kid (Cavallo, Pieiras or Atkinson) given a crack at RB, but i have my doubts as to whether it will happen. Alternatively we could have another crack at Fitzy back there and play Arzani on the right wing. I'd suggest if we do that then Najaarine or Genreau will replace Tongyik on the bench as Malik will sit on the pine.

Edit : Leaving Crowley out as i think if Ross has to come off then Fitzy or Bud replaces him.

Kamau is proved to be only a supersub so far. Would start Fitzy/Arzani there and replace later for Kamau.

If Carrusca fit should start instead of Mauk and Mauk should start instead of Brattan. Brattan starts on the bench and appears in second half.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Melbourne City FC v Central Coast Mariners

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:00 PM (Local) (7:00 PM AEDT)

Referee:  Jarred Gillett

MELBOURNE CITY FC

Ins: 6.Osama MALIK (returns from suspension), 12.Braedyn CROWLEY (promoted), 35.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted), 8.Neil KILKENNY (promoted)

Outs: 2.Manny MUSCAT (suspended (yellow card accumulation) - 1 week), 17.Tim CAHILL (released - mutual termination)

Unavailable: 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (ankle), 9.Marcelo CARRUSCA (calf), 2187.FINN (Coma – 1 week)

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

Ins: 3.Josh ROSE (return from injury), 9.ASDRUBAL (return from injury)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 900.Yoda  (Back - indefinite)

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 3.Scott JAMIESON, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 7.Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Braedyn CROWLEY, 13.Stefan MAUK, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Marcin BUDZINSKI, 35.Ramy NAJJARINE, 44.Ross McCORMACK

**two to be omitted**

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 23.Wout BRAMA


**two to be omitted**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Melbourne City FC v Central Coast Mariners

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:00 PM (Local) (7:00 PM AEDT)

Referee:  Jarred Gillett

MELBOURNE CITY FC

Ins: 6.Osama MALIK (returns from suspension), 12.Braedyn CROWLEY (promoted), 35.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted), 8.Neil KILKENNY (promoted)

Outs: 2.Manny MUSCAT (suspended (yellow card accumulation) - 1 week), 17.Tim CAHILL (released - mutual termination)

Unavailable: 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (ankle), 9.Marcelo CARRUSCA (calf), 2187.FINN (Coma – 1 week)

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

Ins: 3.Josh ROSE (return from injury), 9.ASDRUBAL (return from injury)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 900.Yoda  (Back - indefinite)

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 3.Scott JAMIESON, 5.Bart SCHENKEVELD, 6.Osama MALIK, 7.Nick FITZGERALD, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Braedyn CROWLEY, 13.Stefan MAUK, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 18.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 25.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Marcin BUDZINSKI, 35.Ramy NAJJARINE, 44.Ross McCORMACK

**two to be omitted**

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 23.Wout BRAMA


**two to be omitted**

Unavailable: 900.Yoda  (Back - indefinite)

<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, japiedog said:

any chance of this match starting at 7pm ????

was not amused at the last Sunday 7pm kick off......  it started at around 7.25 pm

 

Apparently all the matches start at least 5 minutes after the so-called scheduled time - even those scheduled for 7.50. Something to do with TV I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jw1739 said:

Apparently all the matches start at least 5 minutes after the so-called scheduled time - even those scheduled for 7.50. Something to do with TV I suppose.

I understand that ...

7.50pm matches start close to 8pm

the 25 minutes is pushing the envelope 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Unavailable: 900.Yoda  (Back - indefinite)

<_<

You missed "2187.FINN (Coma – 1 week)"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, japiedog said:

any chance of this match starting at 7pm ????

was not amused at the last Sunday 7pm kick off......  it started at around 7.25 pm

 

That was just a one off thing, the Wellington game ran over, than the wleague game ran over, and then there was the issue with net 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruno is not yet back, as himself predicted . It's a bit unlikely that he will be thrown into next two derbies directly. 

Hard to believe but he may not be back until there is a room for Ross as a regular player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Bruno is not yet back, as himself predicted . It's a bit unlikely that he will be thrown into next two derbies directly. 

Hard to believe but he may not be back until there is a room for Ross as a regular player.

It really depends how Wazza uses Bruno and Ross, and also assuming Ross is going to stay after Jan transfers. Interesting though that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Hmm strange, almost all of them are Hellenic Hero and his 5 alts.

Can you go one thread without sledging me for some stupid, unrelated reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Show me then. I have never liked a post of @Imtellingyou, and yet you somehow find a way to link me to all the 17 different posters who have reacted to his posts? 

Don't take posts on the internet too seriously, I was like you once

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

To Thank Tim for all his done for the club just a thought at the 17 minute mark have a minute of applause to thank him for all his done for the club. Just a thought. 

No.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

To Thank Tim for all his done for the club just a thought at the 17 minute mark have a minute of applause to thank him for all his done for the club. Just a thought. 

What would we be doing that for? And will you be doing this or is it just a thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

What would we be doing that for? And will you be doing this or is it just a thought?

We should do a tifo of Timmy with a cock going into his mouth with an english flag on it......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jessee Jenkinson said:

To Thank Tim for all his done for the club just a thought at the 17 minute mark have a minute of applause to thank him for all his done for the club. Just a thought. 

I've been in constant dialogue with the melburnians and something like this will be happening. 

There's also a tifo in the works being produced that will be displayed before the CCM game on Sunday,  it's only right we show him some appreciation,  he did win us our second piece of silver ware.  Right behind the mighty Craig foster cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...