Melbourne Football

Round 10: vs CCM Sunday 10 December AAMI Park @ 7pm

n i k o

For me the first half was easily our best performance of the season and should have been three up at half time. Of course the second half wasn’t as good, but we kept going and got the win.

I have been critical of Wazza’s tactics and selections. I still think he needs to improve, but will give him credit for that first half performance. We just need more of that kind of football.

• Like 1

Probably our best constructed goal this year and a pointer to how Wazza likes to have the players attack quickly with intent. Watching it on the replay it does have the appearance of a training ground move that came off perfectly.

Some people have called this ball from Bouzanis a long hopeful pass but it looked very planned with Brattan out wide and a well headed knock down pass to Fitzy.

25121548438_71634d2108_b.jpg

Back heel from Fitzy with Brattan following onto the ball. Looked like he knew what Fitzy was going to do.

38276877944_a1e84ec122_b.jpg

Then a slide rule pass to Ross who's making space perfectly in the middle splitting the defenders.

25121553658_876ae3d4c6_b.jpg

And then Ross burying it into the back of the net.

24128503927_dcb23a3a55_b.jpg

Now that's a goal made in football heaven. More of that lads :up:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Probably our best constructed goal this year and a pointer to how Wazza likes to have the players attack quickly with intent. Watching it on the replay it does have the appearance of a training ground move that came off perfectly.

Some people have called this ball from Bouzanis a long hopeful pass but it looked very planned with Brattan out wide and a well headed knock down pass to Fitzy.

25121548438_71634d2108_b.jpg

Back heel from Fitzy with Brattan following onto the ball. Looked like he knew what Fitzy was going to do.

38276877944_a1e84ec122_b.jpg

Then a slide rule pass to Ross who's making space perfectly in the middle splitting the defenders.

25121553658_876ae3d4c6_b.jpg

And then Ross burying it into the back of the net.

24128503927_dcb23a3a55_b.jpg

Now that's a goal made in football heaven. More of that lads :up:

These screenshots don't show it, but on the replay from this angle, Fox Sports showed as soon as Bart passes the ball towards Bouzanis, Brattan breaks out to his spot out wide and begins furiously calling for the ball from Bouzanis who in turn spots him and sends it on a dime for him. Definitely not a hit and hope, this was a sensational, thought out goal. Brilliant stuff

Those down on Fitzy need to take a second look. Set up Mauk and Jakobsen, and played an integral part in the goal. And there he is following in alongside McCormack in case there's a rebound. He's really worked on that back-heel of his, and I thought he had a solid match all through.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

The fact we won AND it was in the star wars round well, I just didn't know how last weekend could have gone much better

Was I the only one who thought that the star wars round was a success?

Hopefully they'll implement a Shrek round, or something along those lines

I prefer a 'Goonies' Round

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

The fact we won AND it was in the star wars round well, I just didn't know how last weekend could have gone much better

Was I the only one who thought that the star wars round was a success?

Hopefully they'll implement a Shrek round, or something along those lines

Was it? How do we measure it? From the photographs it seems quite a few enjoyed the theme in "City Square", but I thought it was pretty lukewarm (haha!) in the stadium. The KO time wouldn't have helped of course. I know it's all about TV money of course, but IMO Sunday night is the real graveyard shift.

The positive for me this season is that MrsJW is much more interested in the club and matches this season than she has been in the previous seven, and so she was keen to go despite the time. She thinks we're putting a lot more energy into the game than previously.

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The positive for me this season is that MrsJW is much more interested in the club and matches this season than she has been in the previous seven, and so she was keen to go despite the time. She thinks we're putting a lot more energy into the game than previously.

Maybe Mrs JW has a thing for Waz..... JW I think you better start wearing shorts!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Was it? How do we measure it? From the photographs it seems quite a few enjoyed the theme in "City Square", but I thought it was pretty lukewarm (haha!) in the stadium. The KO time wouldn't have helped of course. I know it's all about TV money of course, but IMO Sunday night is the real graveyard shift.

Nah was not being serious, honestly don't even understand the point of having a star wars round. What the hell does star wars have to do with football?

Was serious about having a shrek round though, make it happen ffa or whoever ends up of being in charge of the a-league

• Haha 1