Melbourne Football

Round 10: vs CCM Sunday 10 December AAMI Park @ 7pm

n i k o

4 hours ago, moops said:

Seriously (exaggerated eye roll included) from Pierias's one appearance he showed more than Muscat has imho, but tbf Muscat does have a decent cross on him, but at his age won't be getting much better, he is what he is. It depends what you see as important or improvement, keep the status quo which is average but dependable. Or show some faith in a fella who could improve exponentially, who has shown he can compete at this level and 'could' (operative word) improve further and impact games like Fitzy is?

Consider Ajax who's champions league team's average age was 23, now HAL isn't no champions league, if they have young guys running about there, but we are to scared to in this league, I call bs. With our facilities and set up we could become the Ajax of Australia and have a revolving door for young Aussies to Europe and a good cash flow so we don't care about crowd size.

Mooy's sale was worth more than CFG payed for the actual club, a few more gems it's almost free to run and a good way for Manchester to inflate it's fair play spending. Reputation rises sales are easier, more investments can be made and it's snow ball time, who knows maybe we may have someone play for Manchester one day?

Don't kid yourself that the HAL isn't a development league, when the whole team wage cap could pay for only one player in Europe or Asia.

We should capitalise on what we have and it's not player spending power, it's our facilities, coaching staff and opportunities we can provide.

Rant over.

Wasn't it the idea initially? Even bring ManCity young players to develop here? Joyce appearance hinted on something like this as well. May be the plan was to build the base and then start to inject young players? And I do not think crowd numbers would suffer if we keep winning.

24 minutes ago, MXG said:

Wasn't it the idea initially? Even bring ManCity young players to develop here? Joyce appearance hinted on something like this as well. May be the plan was to build the base and then start to inject young players? And I do not think crowd numbers would suffer if we keep winning.

FFA loan system means that the loanees wage is calculated under the cap, even if Manchester loan us a player for free, his club wage is taken into account.

This only came into effect when CFG bought us.

Most City youth are earning more than our seniors.

I have said it before. Joyce is completely blind to the creative midfield stategy of play. He wants 4 up front which includes a high 10. He wants two 6's doubling as CB and 4 across the back. Players like Kilkenny, Bratten, and youth like Genreau and Metcalfe dont fit into the Joyce structure. Kilkenny is done. Bratten not far behind and if you are a midfield youth player, seriously start looking for another club IMO. 

Cheer up you buggers.  I'm looking forward to getting to the game. Sod this negative bollocks, we're third, we've got a decent team, we've done a lot of swamp draining, and I reckon we'll see some of the kids get a run tonight. Sun's out, it's finally weather good enough to wear colours without dying of exposure.  It's not life and death, it's just a game of football, and just as in life, success is not guaranteed.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Cheer up you buggers.  I'm looking forward to getting to the game. Sod this negative bollocks, we're third, we've got a decent team, we've done a lot of swamp draining, and I reckon we'll see some of the kids get a run tonight. Sun's out, it's finally weather good enough to wear colours without dying of exposure.  It's not life and death, it's just a game of football, and just as in life, success is not guaranteed.

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Fabulous, famous quote, but rang awfully hollow for Liverpool fans after Hillsborough.

Yes. Some more from him - some I didn't know until now. Particularly like the one about first and second.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/bill-shankly-remembered-11-brilliant-10156199

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly.

28 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Fabulous, famous quote, but rang awfully hollow for Liverpool fans after Hillsborough.

The only quote of relevance is this.

This should be our moto.

24 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

2D1F86AF-016A-436D-81A6-D25A5B3155E0.jpeg

Is this really the line up? What part of “we can play better football without Malik” does Joyce not understand?

I agree with creating consistency and giving players confidence but this is going to far. 2 red cards and  a handful of bad games and Malik walks straight back in.

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Is this really the line up? What part of “we can play better football without Malik” does Joyce not understand?

I agree with creating consistency and giving players confidence but this is going to far. 2 red cards and  a handful of bad games and Malik walks straight back in.

This is the line up I thought with the starting squad picked on the Facebook page

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Wazza loves Malik @Mr MO. He’s the first man picked. Accept it and move on.

i was assuming Brattan would be on the wing again.

I see Brucey, after a decent game off the bench finds himself in the stands. That’s football! Hopefully he’ll work hard to get back in.

Could be the case I’d like to see Jako in the back 4 

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Looks like about 10 people there?

obviously 7pm Sunday is just dumb but until we change our prices our crowds won’t grow imo

It ain’t prices.

Shit time for families.

Shit football sending the fans to sleep.

ive got 5 hours of my Sunday back by staying home. Loving it.

3 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

This is the line up I thought with the starting squad picked on the Facebook page

Could be the case I’d like to see Jako in the back 4 

So would I mate but Wazza loves playing 2 destroyers in midfield