Melbourne Football

Round 10: vs CCM Sunday 10 December AAMI Park @ 7pm

n i k o

Surely an unchanged lineup besides Budznski out. La Rocca has to stay in defence as does Jako in midfield. Show some faith and play the youngster Pierias in right back. Should he struggle then move Jako in central defense and Bort to right back. 

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Arzani on the left, bench Mauk and Kamau, Bud CAM, bring on Mauk for Bud and Kamau for the wide player that is tired.

Kamau has quite an impact off the bench.

Can't agree with Bud taking Mauks spot. I just don't see any area that you could say he's outperformed in to warrant this spot. If I was Mauk I'd be absolutely filthy if it happened. 

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

That's fine. But Mauks spot is his to lose and so far (especially after yesterday) he keeps that spot.

Fair enough, I would like Mauk to play a more attacking role though and yet Bud needs games in his natural position to see if he is the real deal as we shouldn't have our marquees on the pine.

Tough decision.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Stay away then. I'll be there although the time is disgusting. 

We'll be there too. Dreadful time. I can imagine that the players would find it hard to get themselves up at such a time. Forecast maximum of 21 for the day. Out come the trench coat and woollen scarf again! Hard to see more than 7,500.

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We'll be there too. Dreadful time. I can imagine that the players would find it hard to get themselves up at such a time. Forecast maximum of 21 for the day. Out come the trench coat and woollen scarf again! Hard to see more than 7,500.

TBH the women's game double headers make the 7pm kick off a lot more palatable for me. Still shit and I hate it, but makes it less worse. 

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I reckon Brattan has played himself into Maliks spot now

Agree with that. Whilst Malik has been stiff with his reds he copped, at the end of the day hes had two and Brattan has stepped up, in the second halves at least.

If Wazza is consistent, which i believe he is, then its Brattan's spot to lose now. Same goes with Bouzanis.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

7pm Sunday against Mariners after an unconvincing game. Attendance will be 3 people not including the squad, cameramen, and staff.

So CCM got one of their future 7pm Sunday games moved back to 5pm and also cut ticket prices.... Wish we could do that

On 03/12/2017 at 3:49 PM, n i k o said:

Surely an unchanged lineup besides Budznski out. La Rocca has to stay in defence as does Jako in midfield. Show some faith and play the youngster Pierias in right back. Should he struggle then move Jako in central defense and Bort to right back. 

Don't understand the logic behind dropping muscat after last week. All for showing faith for youngsters but muscat doesn't deserve to lose his spot 

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

In reality it'll probably be Bort, Jako, La Rocca, Jamieson in the back with Malik, Brattan and Mauk in the midfield. 

If that ends up being the case. You would think there is enough cover for Tongyik to get a start in there in replacement of LaRocca

Anyway with how the senior team played against Newcastle and how comprehensively the youth team won you’d hope a couple of them would get a start at least

most likely Tongyik and Arzani

27 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If that ends up being the case. You would think there is enough cover for Tongyik to get a start in there in replacement of LaRocca

Anyway with how the senior team played against Newcastle and how comprehensively the youth team won you’d hope a couple of them would get a start at least

most likely Tongyik and Arzani

Ill be shocked if Tongyik gets a start, La Rocca has been pretty good outside of his Brisbane debacle. Woth noting that the youth still conceded twice.

In fact imo we'd be more likely to select Atkinson if we look to replace Manny without a reshuffle.

I think Arzani gets minutes this week, but Kamau will start after a pretty good second half.

As much as we'd all like to give the kids a crack, I'm really not sure how we fit them in given the likes of Killa aren't even in the squad.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Ill be shocked if Tongyik gets a start, La Rocca has been pretty good outside of his Brisbane debacle. Woth noting that the youth still conceded twice.

In fact imo we'd be more likely to select Atkinson if we look to replace Manny without a reshuffle.

I think Arzani gets minutes this week, but Kamau will start after a pretty good second half.

As much as we'd all like to give the kids a crack, I'm really not sure how we fit them in given the likes of Killa aren't even in the squad.

It won't be Tongyik. In a recent presser Joyce was quite clear about how Rui needs to improve his defensive work.

IMO the front runners (no pun intended) are Najjarine, Genreau, Crowley and Arzani (in no particular order).

It is hard to get them included. To do so means Joycey has to drop underperforming players such as Budski and Cahill, and that's a tall order at this stage of the season. If we were down in the basement yes, but when a point off second that would be a bold decision by any manager.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

It won't be Tongyik. In a recent presser Joyce was quite clear about how Rui needs to improve his defensive work.

IMO the front runners (no pun intended) are Najjarine, Genreau, Crowley and Arzani (in no particular order).

It is hard to get them included. To do so means Joycey has to drop underperforming players such as Budski and Cahill, and that's a tall order at this stage of the season. If we were down in the basement yes, but when a point off second that would be a bold decision by any manager.

Yeh exactly, I'm not sure people appreciate how it looks if your marquee is dropped out of the squad completely for some no name kid with barely a appearance to their name. 

Look i dont think cahill is anywhere near being dropped altogether; its a tough gig to come off the bench when you're playing up front and he's well and truly got the credits in the bank. IMO Bud is a much greater chance of finding himself out all together; he's been given plenty of opportunity, even if not in his preferred position, and basically has nothing to show for it.

• Like 2

In lieu of the high probability that Cahill has thrown his toys out of the cot and is not a long term player, Wazza needs to give Budzinski/ Carusca game time in their natural position as we need to get them firing for when Bruno is back. Maybe play Bort as RB and have Mauk and Brattan DMs and have Azarni LM and have Fitzgerald in is natural RM position. Kamau as an impact sub.

The beauty of having Bort RB is that if we are up by the middle of the second half we can transition to a back 5 and bring Genreau and Kamau on to beat them with speed the on right side on the break.

Edited by playmaker

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

My take on that interview was that Tongyik will be leaving in January.

When asked if he had a future (with another central defender arriving) he said “yes, but I wouldn’t tell you if it was no”. Seems clear Tongyik will this be the 5th choice centre back at that point and unless Wazza has another plan to play s defender elsewhere (God help us) then he’ll need a team bus crash to get a game.

On top of that Wazza was quite clear that someone had to leave to make room for Delbridge. I’d say that’s Kilkenny and Tongyik, plus possibly Genreau.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't feel strongly either way about Cahill but I'm not sure that there's any evidence that he's under-performing. He's barely spent long enough on the pitch to tell

Budski has spent long enough on the pitch and is underperforming in the role that we've given him

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Under no circumstances should Bart be moved. He has been by far our best player this year and should be the first name on the team sheet AND in his natural position. The very idea of moving him is madness you hear? 

From memory RB is also his natural position.

But I get your point.