• Brattan
    • Mauk
    • Fitzy
    • McCormack
    • Kamau
    • Cahill
    • Wazza

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/17 at 09:46 AM

Who's fault was it that Budzinski was playing out of position? I have no idea how good or bad he is, but it doesn't help when a spud of a manger leaves you out to dry!

He does have quick feet when on the ball and should be playing behind the striker for a few games and then we can find out if he truly is a bad signing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, silva10 said:

Who's fault was it that Budzinski was playing out of position? I have no idea how good or bad he is, but it doesn't help when a spud of a manger leaves you out to dry!

He does have quick feet when on the ball and should be playing behind the striker for a few games and then we can find out if he truly is a bad signing.

Budzinski was played out of position definitely in first half, but luckily wazza rectified thus in second and found his perfect position. The bench 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, silva10 said:

You  could be right but what has been troubling me about his performances is a lack of trying. I expect a professional footballer to be able to know the basics of every position on the pitch, additionally he would have been training on this role during the week if not weeks. He may not be good but at least he could attempt to play his part. If that was his attempt then I don't hold much expectation for his preferred role.

3 hours ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

When will we ever learn?  Why keep bringing in players who are not fit, have little or no pre-season and expecting them to just walk in and click with everyone?  I thought this guy could end up Koren 2.0 and so far he has.

I felt this way after the Derby. But the bloke has been here for atleast 10 weeks and apparently had a couple weeks prior in Manchester with their u23. 

I am really thinking it's not a fitness conditioning match fit problem. 

He doesn't suit what is being asked of him or he is not capable. 

All I hope is that by January, and maybe another 4 or 5 games a decision can be made and if he doesn't suit or is not good enough then he is moved on. And avoid another Koren situation when it was obvious to all he didn't fit and CFG delayed the inevitable. 

His next game could well and truly decide his future in Melbourne. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

I felt this way after the Derby. But the bloke has been here for atleast 10 weeks and apparently had a couple weeks prior in Manchester with their u23. 

I am really thinking it's not a fitness conditioning match fit problem. 

He doesn't suit what is being asked of him or he is not capable. 

All I hope is that by January, and maybe another 4 or 5 games a decision can be made and if he doesn't suit or is not good enough then he is moved on. And avoid another Koren situation when it was obvious to all he didn't fit and CFG delayed the inevitable. 

His next game could well and truly decide his future in Melbourne. 

Budzinski played over 200 matches in the top division of Polish football, with just two clubs. He represented Poland at U-19, U20 and U-21 levels. He's 27. That's not the profile of a player who is "not capable" of being a good player in the A-League.

IMO it has to be that he's being played as a square peg in a round hole. And he isn't the first player at Heart/City who has been that.

I can't see him being "moved on."

IIRC Joyce was appointed (June 2017) some two months before the rumours started about Budzinski (August 2017), so I don't think we can say that Bud was signed before Joyce entered the frame.

My opinion remains that it was the departure of Caceres that stuffed everything. I'm guessing that our intention was to have Caceres as the creative no. 10 and Budzinski and Fornaroli as a two-pronged attack.

Another factor could be that Joyce demands players to put absolutely everything into their training. Hence his well-known comments about deciding between the jacuzzi and being a professional footballer. It may be that Budzinski is struggling in that respect.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

I think in fairness Budzinski is no wide player as he has played all of career in a central role. He has played solid games centrally with us even though he has been under prepared physically and tactically for Wazza's style. I am not ready to give up on him quite yet, but he really needs to start showing his marquee quality.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Budzinski played over 200 matches in the top division of Polish football, with just two clubs. He represented Poland at U-19, U20 and U-21 levels. He's 27. That's not the profile of a player who is "not capable" of being a good player in the A-League.

IMO it has to be that he's being played as a square peg in a round hole. And he isn't the first player at Heart/City who has been that.

I can't see him being "moved on."

IIRC Joyce was appointed (June 2017) some two months before the rumours started about Budzinski (August 2017), so I don't think we can say that Bud was signed before Joyce entered the frame.

My opinion remains that it was the departure of Caceres that stuffed everything. I'm guessing that our intention was to have Caceres as the creative no. 10 and Budzinski and Fornaroli as a two-pronged attack.

Another factor could be that Joyce demands players to put absolutely everything into their training. Hence his well-known comments about deciding between the jacuzzi and being a professional footballer. It may be that Budzinski is struggling in that respect.

I totally get what your saying. His previous playing record does suggest he is a quality player and if nothing else a smart technical player.

From what I've seen (an unlike many on here I don't claim to be an expert but have watched alot of soccer over the years) think that he is just not good enough. It's not just last night but all of his games so far he has failed to have an influence bar the Derby in his debut. 

The burning question is who or what is more at fault the player or the system/role and what is going to change to get him to fulfill the teams needs. 

Without a big turn around and him bossing a game it's been long enough to get a good sample to make a judgment. All I fear is that as with Koren we waste a valuable Marquee spot.

Contrary to that maybe we can hope he does a Castro/Ninkovic and eventually comes good and not a Mifsud/Koren but it's not looking good at this point in time. 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2017 at 6:05 PM, Jovan said:

I totally get what your saying. His previous playing record does suggest he is a quality player and if nothing else a smart technical player.

From what I've seen (an unlike many on here I don't claim to be an expert but have watched alot of soccer over the years) think that he is just not good enough. It's not just last night but all of his games so far he has failed to have an influence bar the Derby in his debut. 

The burning question is who or what is more at fault the player or the system/role and what is going to change to get him to fulfill the teams needs. 

Without a big turn around and him bossing a game it's been long enough to get a good sample to make a judgment. All I fear is that as with Koren we waste a valuable Marquee spot.

Contrary to that maybe we can hope he does a Castro/Ninkovic and eventually comes good and not a Mifsud/Koren but it's not looking good at this point in time. 

Difference is that Mifsud wasn't even a marquee. 

• Like 1