Melbourne Football

Harrison Delbridge

Forever City

9 hours ago, citymad said:

Crowley, Tongyik and Arzani are the mandatory youth players. Their wages come within the salary cap. The scholarship players are outside the cap (Delianov, Pierias, Metcalfe, Genreau, Najjarine and Roberts). Rumour has it that some of these scholarship players will get elevated to full contracts when the January shake up occurs. There are two cavallo's at the club, Joshua Cavallo is, from what i have heard, getting a scholarship contact. so that may happen when one of the other 6 get a full contract. I reckon some of those young lads who were getting A league time last year, including Arzani and Tongyik, will look to move on in the January transfer window. Brandan will go and i reckon kilkenny will go too. joyce wants big strong tall players with experience. fast players upfront. no ball playing midfielders required. Carusca will sit on the bench all season. 

i like the look of this Delbridge. He is massive and can play. He will replace Iacopo Larocca in January. 

So if this is true I can’t see Joyce wanting Bruno either. Man if that happens that will do me. I’d be on the war path to get the Anglo cunt back to England haha

41 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So if this is true I can’t see Joyce wanting Bruno either. Man if that happens that will do me. I’d be on the war path to get the Anglo cunt back to England haha

I call bullshit on it all. 

I can't see CFG allow 1 person  (Joyce ) come in and turn everything upside down and destroy all the work and planning done over the past few years. It makes no sense.

And to remove a visa player that CFG hand picked without him playing a game for the new coach is just bullshit. 

Okay Joyce may have some opinions on players but any big changes on players and contracts has to be approved and endorsed by CFG. And what is pretty evident CFG are very reluctant to be seen to make errors especially on recruitment for example Koren. When it was clear to everyone he needed to go they kept him for 2 extra windows.

So I call bullshit on Brandan rumour and think he will see out his contract as a bare minimum. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I call bullshit on it all. 

I can't see CFG allow 1 person  (Joyce ) come in and turn everything upside down and destroy all the work and planning done over the past few years. It makes no sense.

And to remove a visa player that CFG hand picked without him playing a game for the new coach is just bullshit. 

Okay Joyce may have some opinions on players but any big changes on players and contracts has to be approved and endorsed by CFG. And what is pretty evident CFG are very reluctant to be seen to make errors especially on recruitment for example Koren. When it was clear to everyone he needed to go they kept him for 2 extra windows.

So I call bullshit on Brandan rumour and think he will see out his contract as a bare minimum. 

Agreed. 

Personally CBF posting further about stories that have BULLSHIT written all over them.

• Like 1

Bruno will stay, but he will be pissed when Nando leaves and will sulk for a few rounds and complain he has lost his best mate etc. His english is better than Nandos so Joyce may work with him if he scores and gets back to fitness. That is up to him. He is pretty lazy. Bruno will be happy to see the back of cahill and wont want ross here. I cant see McCormack staying beyond Jan. budzinski needs to do way more for Mkee wages. The young striker, roberts will leave and crowley wont get A league minutes until he scores more regularly in youth games. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, citymad said:

I reckon some of those young lads who were getting A league time last year, including Arzani and Tongyik, will look to move on in the January transfer window. Brandan will go and i reckon kilkenny will go too. joyce wants big strong tall players with experience. fast players upfront. no ball playing midfielders required. Carusca will sit on the bench all season. 

So we might as well get rid of Brattan, Budzinski and Mauk too? 

Get ready for Malik, Jakobsen and La Rocca in the midfield, people.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, citymad said:

Bruno will stay, but he will be pissed when Nando leaves and will sulk for a few rounds and complain he has lost his best mate etc. His english is better than Nandos so Joyce may work with him if he scores and gets back to fitness. That is up to him. He is pretty lazy. Bruno will be happy to see the back of cahill and wont want ross here. I cant see McCormack staying beyond Jan. budzinski needs to do way more for Mkee wages. The young striker, roberts will leave and crowley wont get A league minutes until he scores more regularly in youth games. 

2 goals in 2 games for Crowley.

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

So we might as well get rid of Brattan, Budzinski and Mauk too? 

Get ready for Malik, Jakobsen and La Rocca in the midfield, people.  

What do you mean "get ready...??" Malik and Jakobsen already play in the midfield as deep no 6's... Bratten only used when Malik was red carded and is not happy being on bench. Kilkenny not in Joyces plans at all really. Carusca on bench. mauk playing high as 10 and no sign of a strong connection between defenders and attacking players. I don't think we should get rid of the players you mentioned but it is a fact that they are not prefered by joyce. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, citymad said:

What do you mean "get ready...??" Malik and Jakobsen already play in the midfield as deep no 6's... Bratten only used when Malik was red carded and is not happy being on bench. Kilkenny not in Joyces plans at all really. Carusca on bench. mauk playing high as 10 and no sign of a strong connection between defenders and attacking players. I don't think we should get rid of the players you mentioned but it is a fact that they are not prefered by joyce. 

Is it?

• 4 weeks later...

IMO what our club needs more than anything is stability -  a stable coaching team and a solid nucleus of players who are going to stay with the club longer than a one or two season contract rather than be looking over their shoulders wondering whether they're the next for "termination by mutual agreement." I don't see how we can develop any sort of consistency while we're in a continuing state of turmoil on and off the field.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rasputin said:

Yep we need more defenders lol

This is a signing with the future in mind. Muscat, Malik, Jakobsen and Tongyik are all out of contract at season's end. IMO we'll see the departure of Muscat, and there's a few suggestions around that Jakobsen will also leave.

Rick Ross McCormack

Budinski               Brattan

(No center mid or def mid)

Jamison  Tongyik  Bart  Muscat  Delbridge

La Rocca (sweeper)  Jakobsen (sweeper)

Tommy Sorensen (come back)

Seven back counter attack

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Only played 120 odd minutes, but can't say one been impressed with him so far. Might get a good three week holiday for that shocking tackle.

I agree it was a red, but it was far from 3 weeks. Watching the replay it doesn't look malicious at all and merely a lunge out of desperation after losing the ball and trying to spread as much as possible to block a pass.

Definitely not a Muscat tackle as some on here are sugessting as he purposely goes out of his way to injure players.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Only played 120 odd minutes, but can't say one been impressed with him so far. Might get a good three week holiday for that shocking tackle.

Yeah. A few weeks off for that one.

in not marking his cards just yet. That first goal it looked like a black comedy, but actually he was in a hell of a spot. That was a wicked free kick and it was difficult for him to deal with, then his momentum carried him into Deans way.

The foul well he’s not the first who has dived into to get the ball back, hopefully he never does it again.

i also noted that against Perth he was ball watching in the first half when Castro was played in. (For the first time in his life Castro missed from there), so there are s few question marks over him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

in not marking his cards just yet. That first goal it looked like a black comedy, but actually he was in a hell of a spot. That was a wicked free kick and it was difficult for him to deal with, then his momentum carried him into Deans way.

The foul well he’s not the first who has dived into to get the ball back, hopefully he never does it again.

i also noted that against Perth he was ball watching in the first half when Castro was played in. (For the first time in his life Castro missed from there), so there are s few question marks over him.

No, not malicious, just daft and reckless. The yellow card take out on Arzani was malicious and cynical, but less dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

IIRC one Anthony Caceres (who funnily also signed for us mid season) got successive red cards in his first two starts for the club after signing and went on to be a very decent signing, so to write Delbridge off at this point would be premature.  If nothing else (and partly why I bring in Caceres), I  think Delbridge would be trying to hit the ground running (so to speak) and is liable to over committing - something that can easily lead to a rash decision / brain fart or two.

That said his tackle was a shocker and far from something that helps set a good first impression.

Edited by mattyh001

Watching his highlights from Cincinnati he loves to make big tackles. Joyce said a few week back that he had kicked just about everyone in training. 

Clearly a pretty aggressive and uncompromising player. 

Got this one wrong and deserves a few weeks. Hopefully he learns to read the game a little better and stands off when appropriate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

I have seen nothing so far that warrents him being in the team over the other CB's we have in the squad currently.

It still puzzles me to why we signed him? We desperately need players in other positions, we were pretty well covered regarding CB's before the start of the season

Agree, he seems to be a fairly standard A League defender, perhaps it frees up a visa position next season when Wazza gets rid of Bort for being too creative?

Caceras got 2 early red cards for us (harsh ones if I remember correctly) but was already a recognised talent in the League and better than most of his Australian alternatives. Delbridge, so far, doesn't appear to be better, early days though

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Agree, he seems to be a fairly standard A League defender, perhaps it frees up a visa position next season when Wazza gets rid of Bort for being too creative?

Caceras got 2 early red cards for us (harsh ones if I remember correctly) but was already a recognised talent in the League and better than most of his Australian alternatives. Delbridge, so far, doesn't appear to be better, early days though

latest?cb=20170205021439

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Is this guy better than Tongyik? You'd hope so given that he was brought it when we already had options at centre-back and because he's got minutes when Tongyik hasn't got near the pitch. 

Why would you play him if you knew he would be missing for a month? He was also 4th in line behind Bart, (an inform larocca at the time) and Jakobsen.

It's different to Mauk and Kamau who were already ahead in the pecking order and had no real competition for their spots due to injuries and lack of form.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rass said:

Why would you play him if you knew he would be missing for a month? He was also 4th in line behind Bart, (an inform larocca at the time) and Jakobsen.

It's different to Mauk and Kamau who were already ahead in the pecking order and had no real competition for their spots due to injuries and lack of form.

Furthermore, Tongyik was nowhere near as good as some on here were making out in my opinion. He's certainly very skilled in possession but his positioning and general defensive awareness needed a lot of work.

Edited by Embee