Melbourne Football

Rd. 9, Sat 2 Dec, vs. Newcastle, away

jw1739

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

First 15 minutes he was in a shooting gallery. Freakish performance 

Simply sensational, good distribution and even towards the end just very clean with everything that came near him, heart in mouth with that last cut back across the goal and he took it with ease.

• Like 1

Big turnaround that second half. Started looking a lot better when Brattan started getting onto the ball and we actually settled a bit and played easy passes. Bouzanis had a great game and hopefully he stays in goals for the rest of the season. We should've been blown out of the water before half time but credit to the boys for a big turnaround in that second half. 

Budzinski should never start a match again its actually a joke that he is a marquee.

3 minutes ago, rass said:

Just read through two pages of some real negative shit. Fair enough, we were woeful in that first half. 

I'd love to hear one person at least now give credit to the turnaround. We were miles better than them in the second half. Whatever was said in the dressing room at half time clearly worked.

Agreed. Almost posted five minutes into the second half to say they looked like they'd had the hair-dryer at half time, such was the change in approach.

• Like 1

First time poster.

I probably have a slightly different view than most in this. I totally appreciate what everyone is saying about our performances but defensively we have been so much better this season it’s not funny. We gave away 45 goals last over 27 rounds. We have only given away 10 in 9 games this season. Huge difference! Might not be as nice or as pretty to watch but we are 1 point off 2nd spot, 9 games into a new coach’s regime who has brought in a completely different game style and philosophy. We will get better as the season goes on as they buy into this cunt. He takes no prisoners and a lot of the players don’t like him, including Brattan. But look how he has played the last 2 weeks. Tough fucken love is sometimes required, particularly in soccer where egos are huge. Pretty happy 1/3 of the way through the season. I couldn’t give a fuck if Cahill leaves, we need Bruno back ASAP!

• Like 1

Bouzanis a hero for 90 min. :clap:

Kudos to Wazza for yanking the invisible Budzinski off the pitch early. With Kamau coming on that changed the dynamics of the game along with Brattan starting to really pull some strings. As for Budzinski, haven't seen a more lame marquee since our last lame marquee Koren. :droy:

I've just been dropped into an alternate reality. 

Positives:

Bouzanis saved our arse, we should have been down 5-0 after 15'.

Muscat won the game for us and with a goal scored from open play. That's right, We. Scored. A. Goal. From. Open. Play.

We won away

We won in our red strip

Muscat is suspended for a game with his 5th foul or Wazza would be playing him on the wing next game and Fitzy back at fullback

Great second half from Brattan

Negatives:

What was that first half, it was abject?

Marcin with a great assist for Nabout

Still can't find a way to play Cahill and McCormack together

Wazza buys more time

I read a good Tweet during the game where someone pointed out that the Rapture had already quietly happened and that David Bowie and Prince (and I'd add Leonard Cohen) were the only people to ascend. He must also be a Melbourne City supporter as supporting our team really exists in a special layer of Hell

8 minutes ago, CityIsMelbourne said:

First time poster.

I probably have a slightly different view than most in this. I totally appreciate what everyone is saying about our performances but defensively we have been so much better this season it’s not funny. We gave away 45 goals last over 27 rounds. We have only given away 10 in 9 games this season. Huge difference! Might not be as nice or as pretty to watch but we are 1 point off 2nd spot, 9 games into a new coach’s regime who has brought in a completely different game style and philosophy. We will get better as the season goes on as they buy into this cunt. He takes no prisoners and a lot of the players don’t like him, including Brattan. But look how he has played the last 2 weeks. Tough fucken love is sometimes required, particularly in soccer where egos are huge. Pretty happy 1/3 of the way through the season. I couldn’t give a fuck if Cahill leaves, we need Bruno back ASAP!

Tough love is definitely required but you have to find a way for the players to buy into the vision. I'm not convinced that Wazza has done that

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I've just been dropped into an alternate reality. 

Positives:

Bouzanis saved our arse, we should have been down 5-0 after 15'.

Muscat won the game for us and with a goal scored from open play. That's right, We. Scored. A. Goal. From. Open. Play.

We won away

We won in our red strip

Muscat is suspended for a game with his 5th foul or Wazza would be playing him on the wing next game and Fitzy back at fullback

Great second half from Brattan

Negatives:

What was that first half, it was abject?

Marcin with a great assist for Nabout

Still can't find a way to play Cahill and McCormack together

Wazza buys more time

I read a good Tweet during the game where someone pointed out that the Rapture had already quietly happened and that David Bowie and Prince (and I'd add Leonard Cohen) were the only people to ascend. He must also be a Melbourne City supporter as supporting our team really exists in a special layer of Hell

Tough love is definitely required but you have to find a way for the players to buy into the vision. I'm not convinced that Wazza has done that

Being 1 point off second and 6 off top, what would have considered a successful buy in after 9 games then??

1 minute ago, CityIsMelbourne said:

Being 1 point off second and 6 off top, what would have considered a successful buy in after 9 games then??

Consistency, at least consistency with a clear plan of how we want to play and some sign that the players are working together as a group. I'm heartened by the second half, traumatised by the first.