Melbourne Football

Christmas Derby 23rd December

Hellenic Hero

5 minutes ago, neio said:

How early do you plan on getting to the game? 

Not even in the country just wondering about crowd numbers. I assume from your response that there will not be problems come 7pm tomorrow night?

Edited by haz

28 minutes ago, haz said:

Not even in the country just wondering about crowd numbers. I assume from your response that there will not be problems come 7pm tomorrow night?

Can’t see any dramas, not too many people will be getting there 24 hours early, so you should have low crowds and heaps of time if there are delays.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Can’t see any dramas, not too many people will be getting there 24 hours early, so you should have low crowds and heaps of time if there are delays.

Wow I just realised how stupid my initial post was. Currently thinking its Friday with the current HAL game on, plus the 10 hours Australia is ahead of Europe

8 minutes ago, haz said:

Wow I just realised how stupid my initial post was. Currently thinking its Friday with the current HAL game on, plus the 10 hours Australia is ahead of Europe

Yeah I know you’re on the other side of the world, so easy to get confused re time zones. Still, how could I pass up the opportunity to be a smartarse?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shahanga said:

So Metcalfe? What do people know about him?

He is a midfielder who has mainly played youth games. City signed him on a Scholarship along with roberts and najjarine. great passing game and vision from what i have seen at NYL matches. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/city-adds-scholarship-players-roberts-metcalfe-and-najjarine-a-league-squad These young players coming through city look to be very decent. Whether they get much of a go is really yet to be seen. 

1 hour ago, neio said:

If Mccormack doesn't play, and we don't go with bud. Crowley has to be the one who gets the start, no point having him if you arnt going to play him when we have no one else 

McCormack trained today and looked fine. he will start IMO but wont play a full game. I agree, Crowley should come on as his replacement. Budzinski needs space to move to show his best should be at 8 if used. Arzani should get some minutes also. 

Edited by citymad
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, citymad said:

He is a midfielder who has mainly played youth games. City signed him on a Scholarship along with roberts and najjarine. great passing game and vision from what i have seen at NYL matches. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/city-adds-scholarship-players-roberts-metcalfe-and-najjarine-a-league-squad These young players coming through city look to be very decent. Whether they get much of a go is really yet to be seen. 

McCormack trained today and looked fine. he will start IMO but wont play a full game. I agree, Crowley should come on as his replacement. Budzinski needs space to move to show his best should be at 8 if used. Arzani should get some minutes also. 

What was the Kilkenny situation. Did he look sharp and in your opinion will he get minutes? 

Big game. I'm thinking 2-1 win in a very tight match, all goals to be scored in first half. Fitzy is well due, so i'll pick him and a Ross pen for the scorers.

With Ross:

Bouzanis

Schenkveld       Jakobsen                La Rocca      Jamieson

Malik                        Brattan

Mauk

Atkinson                              Ross                        Fitzy   

Subs : Galekovic    Arzani   Budzinski    Crowley   Kilkenny

Without Ross:

Bouzanis

Schenkveld       Jakobsen                La Rocca      Jamieson

Malik                        Brattan

Mauk

Atkinson                              Crowley                        Fitzy   

Subs : Galekovic    Arzani   Budzinski    Tongyik   Kilkenny

Wont be particularly suprised to see Malik at RB withJako back in the middle, and tbh i'd prefer that, but think theyll opt for our best four defenders with George on Victory's left flank.

6 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

A bit late now, but can you use a general admission membership to get in, or do you have to reserve a seat with it?

@kingofhearts A GA membership will not get you in. All seats are reserved for this match and I'd say it's too late to get a seat by upgrading for this match. But it's never actually a sell-out. You can try to get a ticket on-line or if that's too late rock up at the gate.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@kingofhearts A GA membership will not get you in. All seats are reserved for this match and I'd say it's too late to get a seat by upgrading for this match. But it's never actually a sell-out. You can try to get a ticket on-line or if that's too late rock up at the gate.

Still a few seats left for GA members on L2

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, neio said:

Mccormack on the bench, Kamau and Atkinson starting 

Been ultra pro Joyce but a bit confused by this. Bud bench and no Kilkenny at all probably confirms the rumours too.

Oh well, let's see what happens - don't mind the underdog tag actually...