Melbourne Football

Christmas Derby 23rd December

Hellenic Hero

Offering nothing. Why doesn't Wazza just field 11 defenders? Our home derby and we look like a bottom team. Too many unforced errors, a huge striker sized hole when we rarely get the ball forward.

We've often attacked with 3 players against 5 or 6 defenders

Edited by belaguttman

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Can we not lose just one game from a brain fart?

We can when we have a poor first half, we create few chances and convert none of them. That always leaves us open to a Bouzanis brain fart

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

Are we cursed?

No, it's what we deserved, see above. There are mitigating circumstances given key injuries but we deserved it. Why didn't Wazza bring on Arzani at 80'?

Edited by belaguttman

of course Dean is too blame, in his defence he barely touched miligan and had his eyes on the ball.

I'm actually more annoyed with Joyce, he cost us the game by not making more attacking subs. Warren just doesn't read the game, I cannot recall one game where he has made correct and right times substitutions. - Arzani could have made a good impact.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We can when we have a poor first half, we create few chances and convert none of them. That always leaves us open to a Bouzanis brain fart

No, it's what we deserved, see above

Disagree. We had the better of the second half, and the worst of the first.  It was a tight match, always at risk of being decided by a brain fart, but it wasn't particularly deserved either way.

Edited by fensaddler

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Disagree. We had the better of the second half, and the worst of the first.  It was a tight match, always at risk of being decided by a brain fact, but it wasn't particularly deserved either way.

I don't care about their game, we need to convert our chances

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

of course Dean is too blame, in his defence he barely touched miligan and had his eyes on the ball.

I'm actually more annoyed with Joyce, he cost us the game by not making more attacking subs. Warren just doesn't read the game, I cannot recall one game where he has correct and right times substitutions. - Arzani could have made a good impact.

True, Milligan milked it and Bouzanis did try to stop, but he didn't, and it is a pen.

Wazza's sub skills are very poor.

Edited by belaguttman

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

Positives, even a half fit Ross made a big difference, and Atkinson is a hell of a prospect.  We absorbed a lot of pressure in the first half, and had the better of it in the second.

Cant wait for Victory fans to celebrate saying they are the team in Melbourne. Credit to them for winning but I wouldn"t be so proud about winning that way

I thought the plan was obvious. Defend, keep it 0-0 and then go for it second half.

He tactically switched Bruce back to the wing, Mauk up front and Brattan to the middle late in the first half which allowed us to claw back some ground. Ross then in the second half changed the complexion completely.

For everyone whinging about subs, i don't get the point of changing for the sake of it. Yeah maybe Arzani for a winger but we were well on top and by far the more dangerous - so why change it.

Joyce easily outcoached Muscat, it was just a fukn stupid brain fart that cost us.

• Like 4