Melbourne Football

RD 7 V Brisbane Friday 17/11 Suncorp Stadium KO 7:50 PM

Inferno

3 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

3 really basic unforgivable mistakes, rightly punished by a really shit team. Aloisi is a massive fucktard.

Again didn’t take our good chances.

Wazza will have again learnt some really valuable lessons tonight. Our fringe players are starting to slip and are being found out and our better players are staking their case. He has some answers now and I suspect our best team is starting to reveal itself. Good that Marcin got 90 minutes tonight as well.

We will no doubt see a different lineup next round to what started this round.

Also, I do wonder if Cahill’s comments destabilised the team tonight and unfortunately it will be an issue again this week.

Cahill sure hasn't helped.  But we don't know what else has been going on.

Remember when we went 4-0 to start the season and pessimist me saw how shut we truly were even in the wins and every one was getting themselves off to the worst, shittest Football style this Club has seen with the "winning mentality" and only shit Kent Kamau and Ross the "Boss" were banging in goals? 

Knew this was coming lads. Happens every fucking season. Can't believe no one else saw this coming. 

The most galling thing about this loss was how shit Brisbane are. And really the entire squad and coaching staff should be embarrassed. Completely unacceptable and totally avoidable. This was a game we gave away and ultimately will cost us at the end of the season. Might end up being Brisbanes few wins.

Alot of questions need to be answered pretty soon or this will end up like every other season. 

Just a complete bunch of fuck nuggets. 

• Like 2

If Cahill really meant what's been interpreted from his "speech", he should be straightened or dispatched quickly. He's not a first choice striker whether he likes it or not. I would prefer to see Arzani or Crowly on the bench rather than some starlet primadonna. They also run quicker - we have too many slow strikers.

• Like 3

Not the end of the world, and it's better to be an utter shambles tonight than if we're in the mix at the end of the season and we do it then. The Cahill issue won't have been helpful, but I don't think he can be held accountable for what happened on the field tonight. Galekovic was woeful - and he was no better with WSW's goal last week either. La Shocker was bloody terrible also. Both need to be dropped.

Joyce has got to get Kilkenny and Brattan into the starting eleven and we have to have a playmaker at no. 10.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. This is where Joyce has got to get a grip on the squad.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

3 really basic unforgivable mistakes, rightly punished by a really shit team. Aloisi is a massive fucktard.

Again didn’t take our good chances.

Wazza will have again learnt some really valuable lessons tonight. Our fringe players are starting to slip and are being found out and our better players are staking their case. He has some answers now and I suspect our best team is starting to reveal itself. Good that Marcin got 90 minutes tonight as well.

We will no doubt see a different lineup next round to what started this round.

Great post. 

In summary, individual stupidity was the cause of our loss where three horrendous errors causing their only real chances which were converted. 

3 players have not earned the right to start anymore and that's Malik, Kamau and Muscat.

Galekovic needs to learn to punch and if he make more of these errors then we need to trade Bouzanis and get a quality no.1

Also if Timmy is causing issues then he needs to leave. Hope it is not the case though.

Lastly Valkanis needs to be sacked and Munn to follow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Great post. 

In summary, individual stupidity was the cause of our loss where three horrendous errors causing their only real chances which were converted. 

3 players have not earned the right to start anymore and that's Malik, Kamau and Muscat.

Galekovic needs to learn to punch and if he make more of these errors then we need to trade Bouzanis and get a quality no.1

Also if Timmy is causing issues then he needs to leave. Hope it is not the case though.

Lastly Valkanis needs to be sacked and Munn to follow.

So Valkanis and Munn need to be sacked.

And Bouzanis traded because of Galekovic failure to punch a ball.

And Malik Kamau and Muscat dropped. 

I can guarantee you none of the above will happen. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So Valkanis and Munn need to be sacked.

And Bouzanis traded because of Galekovic failure to punch a ball.

And Malik Kamau and Muscat dropped. 

I can guarantee you none of the above will happen. 

Valkanis makes me sick.

Munn is a pussy

Bouzanis is shit

Malik and Muscat make too many errors

Kamau is woeful and dumb with the ball.

But I agree, none of the above will happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I’m not sure why Malik is coping heat, he was solid tonight bar his missed goal. Also I didn’t see anything from Killa tonight to warrant him starting next week over Malik or Mauk

He's improved a lot, but leaking too many cheap fails.

12 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I’m not sure why Malik is coping heat, he was solid tonight bar his missed goal. Also I didn’t see anything from Killa tonight to warrant him starting next week over Malik or Mauk

Malik won't be dropped, he was pretty solid and knocked some decent passes.  Kamau did very little, can see him warming the pine.  Muscat maybe, but who comes in for him? Brattan has staked his claim, Kilkenny will depend on formation and who is fit.  Can see Budzik in the 10. 

6 minutes ago, Chris p said:

What about La rocca ffs. Tongyik must be worth a shot at this point 

Depends whether the bench is enough demotion for La Rocca, or he gets dropped from the 16. In which case Tongyik gets the bench spot.

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Can play 

Jako.     Bort.     La Rocca      Jamo

Mauk .      Killa

Brats.                Bud.              Fitzy

Ross

But of that lot La Rocca is at least benched for Jako.  And Ross is potentially crocked or disciplined.  At worst on the plane back to Birmingham. The only cover we've really got for Musky is Pierias, and he's not got near the squad so far.

You lot gave us three goals, cheers.

The reason I'm here though is to congratulate whichever of your lads punched one of our weedy fans in the face. Little cunt has had it coming for years. Also stole the banner off a nasty bully & hopefully got a couple of punches in for good measure. Hearty congrats to the travelling fans responsible & my offer of beers for the "offenders" was genuine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, scouse_roar said:

The reason I'm here though is to congratulate whichever of your lads punched one of our weedy fans in the face. Little cunt has had it coming for years. Also stole the banner off a nasty bully & hopefully got a couple of punches in for good measure. Hearty congrats to the travelling fans responsible & my offer of beers for the "offenders" was genuine.

I'm glad we did something well

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, scouse_roar said:

Ayy lmao

IMG_6452.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Both sets of groups are probably on equal terms for dickhead level tbh

Oh absolutely, but you've got to give credit where it's due. This was absolutely perfectly done. Made probably the floggiest home end in the league look like even bigger flogs. 😂😂😂 Free beers for those blokes whenever they're here next for Services to Active Support in Brisbane 

okay emotion of losing that ......

2 howlers  by Eugene.... that's them out of the way for the season 

La Rocca has a shocker....

Young makes 3 top drawer saves from Fitzy , Killer, and Budz

3 points thrown away..

did we really play that badly, if you take the howlers fron Eugene & La Rocca out of the equation, ???

I thought Brattan & Killer certainly added something 

I think the best thing to come out of that game is that now Joyce may pick the best side, rather than “the team that is winning”.

Honestly I’ll struggle to front up for games if we continue to field a team of defenders and play counterattacking crap like we did that first half. Pretty much unwatchable.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, japiedog said:

okay emotion of losing that ......

2 howlers  by Eugene.... that's them out of the way for the season 

La Rocca has a shocker....

Young makes 3 top drawer saves from Fitzy , Killer, and Budz

3 points thrown away..

did we really play that badly, if you take the howlers fron Eugene & La Rocca out of the equation, ???

I thought Brattan & Killer certainly added something 

Kilkennys long balls to Brattan were spicy. His pace and reflex were not 100% but he has not played in a long time. Certainly liked him and Jamo working in partnership - they seem to read eachother well despite nearly murdering eachother in times gone by

14 hours ago, Jovan said:

The most galling thing about this loss was how shit Brisbane are. And really the entire squad and coaching staff should be embarrassed. Completely unacceptable and totally avoidable. This was a game we gave away and ultimately will cost us at the end of the season. Might end up being Brisbanes few wins.

Alot of questions need to be answered pretty soon or this will end up like every other season. 

Just a complete bunch of fuck nuggets. 

I wasn't exactly celebrating when we beat Phoenix and looked very average when we played them first round. 

1. We shouldn't start to drop half our team because of one bad game

2. A lot of the players being mentioned here aren't even responsible directly for the loss tonight 

3. Malik should retain his spot for the next game. 

4. Without ruling them out of contention La Rocca and Galekovic need to prove this week at training they deserve to be selected for next week. 

5. Wazza chose the right players and made the right substitutions.

6. We have to win against Perth. No ifs or buts. 

• Like 1