Melbourne Football

Huddersfield Town FC

Forever City

• Forever City changed the title to Huddersfield Town FC
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, bt50 said:

I think they'll be ok. 3 points, maybe 4 is all they need to stay up. Southampton in big trouble for me.

Their next 5 are Watford Everton Man City Chelsea and Arsenal. 

It could go down to the last round. They might stay up but only just.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Their next 5 are Watford Everton Man City Chelsea and Arsenal. 

It could go down to the last round. They might stay up but only just.

No doubt they blew a big chance on the weekend against BHA. Good chance of getting something out of the next two who have pretty much nothing to play for though.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Need 1 point from the next 2 fixtures against Chelsea and Arsenal to be safe. Currently 3 points clear of Swansea who are at home to Stoke on the final day.

I reackon they will lose to Chelsea but get a point at home to Arsenal. 

TBH any team that gets less than 40 points in 38 games should go down but because of Mooy I'm hoping they survive. 

Imagine Wagner won't be buying English this off season, just under half of his total spend was on Ince, Malone and Pritchard and none have staked a claim to be a genuine starter. Crazy that Depoitre and Zanka, seasoned pro's with international and European experience cost about half the price it cost to purchase Alex Pritchard, a guy coming off the back of 1 decent season in the Championship.

4 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Imagine Wagner won't be buying English this off season, just under half of his total spend was on Ince, Malone and Pritchard and none have staked a claim to be a genuine starter. Crazy that Depoitre and Zanka, seasoned pro's with international and European experience cost about half the price it cost to purchase Alex Pritchard, a guy coming off the back of 1 decent season in the Championship.

Good on em. They just survived mainly because of their early season form. They need a gun striker and at that level it don't come cheap. 

If they want to hang for a few seasons they will need to spend. 

Mounie and Depoitre are a handful for opposition defences up front and I reckon it's probably their strongest position. Once Kachunga went down injured they didn't have much quality out on the wings to provide them with service. I'd imagine a winger and another centre midfielder will be top of the priority list for next season.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...