Melbourne Football

RD 6 V Western Sydney SUNDAY 12/11 AAMI PARK KO 7:00PM

Inferno

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

I thought the Melburnians were pretty good at times.  Trumpet was great.  But I reckon you guys need to cut the swearing from the chants.  That's probably why Fox Sports has moved the mics away from the active end.  Also, there's usually a heap of young kids at the stadium (I've got two of them) and it's not really good for the youngsters to be subjected to foul language ... 

saying to stop foul language at a football match is like telling people to stop drinking at a pub when you bring your kid in :mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

In those two negatives there you've DIRECTLY criticized the brand of football that generated our team the lion's share of the chances. Your assertion that the football was ugly and that we folded after we concede fly in the face of what of what was produced on the pitch. 

I don't actually disagree with the majority of the points you made  in that last post to me, but numerous times in this match day thread you have been critical of the team's mentality and game style against Western Sydney which I find to be incredibly harsh given the actual events on the pitch.

yes, I don't like the current style of play, aesthetics are a matter of opinion so whether I like it or not tells you about me, whether you like it or not tells us about you.

We can disagree about the mentality, as I also said Heart or previous iterations of City would have lost this game so you can infer that there has been a change in a positive direction. Home games are 'must win' though if we are serious about being Premiers. you may be happy with our last 2 performances as you are entitled to be, I'm not. I thought that the result against the smurfs was a little unfair, we deserved a draw, but this last game should have been a win

7 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

yes, I don't like the current style of play, aesthetics are a matter of opinion so whether I like it or not tells you about me, whether you like it or not tells us about you.

We can disagree about the mentality, as I also said Heart or previous iterations of City would have lost this game so you can infer that there has been a change in a positive direction. Home games are 'must win' though if we are serious about being Premiers. you may be happy with our last 2 performances as you are entitled to be, I'm not. I thought that the result against the smurfs was a little unfair, we deserved a draw, but this last game should have been a win

Tbh I think you're struggling to separate 'performances' from 'results'.

This is just going in circles now though. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, belaguttman said:

The mics must have been nowhere near Melburnians as I could hear WSW much of the time and us only occasionally

Just watching the replay now. After they scored I would swear they've put the mics under the Wanderers seats. Absolute joke when for a fact the melburnians were very vocal after they scored. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

The last 2 weeks have IMO been more positive than negative. 

Against Sydney we deserved a draw. Definitely felt like the teams were very even and Sydney's goal came from a mis hit that could have easily been defended on another day. 

And Sundays wanderers game was easily the most enjoyable and complete performance we've put together considering our defensive mindset this season. Apart from Malik getting caught with the ball, the wanderers didn't create all that much to score. And on the other hand, we should have scored at least 4 if it weren't for Ross having a poor night. I'm hoping and expecting that once he puts one in from open play the flood gates will open and his confidence will return, so as disappointing as it was to draw a game we should have easily won, the performance leaves me feeling pretty happy with the way the team is tracking. Certainly feels like we are capable of scoring which I can't say I felt confident about last week. 

Couple of last points. Bart is a beast. Reads the play so well. Carrusca I want to see playing at least 45-60 minutes from now on. He's too classy to be on the bench and we are far more dangerous in attack when he's on. Muscat and Malik had off nights imo but haven't been bad so far so let's see if they can turn it around. Also pleased with Jamiesons game too. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Anyone else think that Crowley would’ve been a better bench option than having 4 midfielders?

we needed something at the 80” mark in which our bench didn’t have.(a-league needs to introduce another bench spot)

Mccormack looked out on his feet was caught twice for not getting back onside quick enough. 

I have wondered whether Budski could play the striker role as well? IMO the youngsters are going to come more into the equation shortly, now that the Youth League starts this weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Just watched the replay-- fuck the microphone levels were fucked. Damn unfair. So blatant how something as loud as a trumpet is barely a whisper in the broadcast when it was the loudest thing on the pitch

The big problem with the current lot of chants is the foul language which is included. Surely this can be eliminated . Too much F..K off Sydney or whoever we are playing , now i am no prude but there are a lot of young kids in the area where we sit and to hear these chants is not funny at all. I have used bad language in my lifetime but always kept it nice in mixed company which is what should be happening there. , so it's easy to answer the question about the mic's being moved away from the Active Area.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

The big problem with the current lot of chants is the foul language which is included. Surely this can be eliminated . Too much F..K off Sydney or whoever we are playing , now i am no prude but there are a lot of young kids in the area where we sit and to hear these chants is not funny at all. I have used bad language in my lifetime but always kept it nice in mixed company which is what should be happening there. , so it's easy to answer the question about the mic's being moved away from the Active Area.

I get it and completely agree with you. However, it’s an aspect of chanting culture around the world that will never go away. Looking back it was probably “Andrew Redmayne you left coz ur shit!” that caused Fox to remove our mics, it was really loud on TV by memory

3 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

Anyone else think that Crowley would’ve been a better bench option than having 4 midfielders?

we needed something at the 80” mark in which our bench didn’t have.(a-league needs to introduce another bench spot)

Mccormack looked out on his feet was caught twice for not getting back onside quick enough. 

Looked to be limping at the end.  His long standing injury playing up?

What's worse than swearing is the fact that active spend over half the match chanting about the opposite team. Last 2 home games have been like this.

When the opposition score, how about trying to pump our boys up with one of our chants, not singing about how shit the other team is. Especially when they are beating us u gimps.

• Like 2

Used to think the same about active, but after 7 seasons as member and the last three in active, this is what I think: we’ll sing what we want, why don’t you come sit with us and try to start something yourself, lazy c***, go sit at the other end of the stadium if you don’t like it...

happy to mix up the chants, it is a pity that we’re not louder on the telly, but not going to change chants because some w***ers sitting around us aren’t happy with it. There’s a few other seating options around the stadium for you...look out for the green seats.

4 hours ago, jeffplz said:

I get it and completely agree with you. However, it’s an aspect of chanting culture around the world that will never go away. Looking back it was probably “Andrew Redmayne you left coz ur shit!” that caused Fox to remove our mics, it was really loud on TV by memory

It could have been the fuck off Sydney fc chant as well, or fuck’em all, or the classic what do we think of Sydney... 

Edited by benzema23

1 hour ago, benzema23 said:

Used to think the same about active, but after 7 seasons as member and the last three in active, this is what I think: we’ll sing what we want, why don’t you come sit with us and try to start something yourself, lazy c***, go sit at the other end of the stadium if you don’t like it...

happy to mix up the chants, it is a pity that we’re not louder on the telly, but not going to change chants because some w***ers sitting around us aren’t happy with it. There’s a few other seating options around the stadium for you...look out for the green seats.

It could have been the fuck off Sydney fc chant as well, or fuck’em all, or the classic what do we think of Sydney... 

Wow. 

Moral of the story - we are not a European club by any standard. But if you want atmosphere (whether 1 or cranked to 11), get yourself to a game. Tv wont cut it.

And before we slag foxtel, the Derby from Etihad. We were cranked up. Had the mics around us. Must be strategic, maybe they mic the away section to hopefully balance out and make the game appear to have equal support?

6 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Moral of the story - we are not a European club by any standard. But if you want atmosphere (whether 1 or cranked to 11), get yourself to a game. Tv wont cut it.

And before we slag foxtel, the Derby from Etihad. We were cranked up. Had the mics around us. Must be strategic, maybe they mic the away section to hopefully balance out and make the game appear to have equal support?

Microphones are strategically placed in front of away supporters